Notices
Sponsored by:

Engine stumble/hesitation around 2500 RPM?

Old 08-26-2014, 12:51 PM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
I'm my case - Absolutely..

Old 08-26-2014, 01:03 PM
stealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Pavement Racer View Post
I would like to know if everyone with a stumble followed the US breaking in procedure..
I did.

Old 08-26-2014, 01:54 PM
runner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to behold
I would like to know if everyone with a stumble followed the US breaking in procedure..
As aggressively as possible while remaining within the break-in parameters - as with all my previous Pcars.

Old 08-26-2014, 01:58 PM
Cheekymonkeyman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dux View Post
Folks, none of our cars were born with the stumble. It can develop at any point, hence it may simply be a matter of time before the problem becomes more wide scale.
Hi dux.. My car was born with the stumble but to be fair it's quite mild and doesn't detract... A bit like that stone chip that bothers you when you see it... Then you forget it's there until you see it again and the cycle continues. I'm just hoping it doesnt get worse because i can live with it for now...

Old 08-26-2014, 02:15 PM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cheekymonkeyman View Post
Hi dux.. My car was born with the stumble...
You must be one the few that has this defect right out of the barrel.

Mine has the normal dip in the power range at ~3300rpm which is the very mild stumble that we all have.
But the 2500 rpm stumble and subsequent fishing line tug at that rpm is unmistakable and sadly not ignorable.

Sadly my passengers can't ignore it either...

Last edited by dux; 08-26-2014 at 02:16 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-26-2014, 06:01 PM
991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about
You may be on to something here. In a contrarian way. I don't have the problem & I can say with absolute certainty that the recommended break-in as it relates to RPM < 4200 until 2,000 miles was NOT followed in my 991. My car has been in the 6,000 - 7,000 range since it had 40 miles on it.

Frank C.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:29 PM
mtarone is on a distinguished road
Has anyone managed to get some quality video footage of the shuddering?

Old 08-26-2014, 07:53 PM
Grunty will become famous soon enough
Mine has had the weird power loss since day 1 at around 2300 rpm under hard accel.

Old 08-26-2014, 08:08 PM
runner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mtarone View Post
Has anyone managed to get some quality video footage of the shuddering?
In my experience it's basically a seat of the pants sensation; nothing unusual on the tach or speedo. The only other symptom I get is if I'm in a tunnel or right next to a concrete barrier with the window down I can sometimes hear a distinct change in the exhaust note. (Especially with the PSE selected). I'm tempted to try to place a small mic near the exhaust and try to record it. (And yes, I'm getting desperate)

Old 08-27-2014, 05:26 AM
beemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the rough
A buddy of mine has the same car as I do (2014 911 S M7) although it's a different color and he has this fish bite issue at around 2300-2500 RPM. No passengers have complained, but I can feel it when I drive his car, just tooling along at light throttle. He did not follow the US break-in procedure. He has not yet taken it to the dealer because he has little faith that they can do anything until Porsche comes up with a solution.

Old 08-27-2014, 06:17 AM
stealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud of
So far I've seen this mix of data:

- PDK and MT7 both affected
- 3.4 and 3.8 litre engines both affected
- Break-in both followed and not followed

Old 08-27-2014, 10:10 AM
Mr.Boon is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by beemer guy View Post
A buddy of mine has the same car as I do (2014 911 S M7) although it's a different color and he has this fish bite issue at around 2300-2500 RPM. No passengers have complained, but I can feel it when I drive his car, just tooling along at light throttle. He did not follow the US break-in procedure. He has not yet taken it to the dealer because he has little faith that they can do anything until Porsche comes up with a solution.
Yep, same here. My passengers dont really feel it. Just me when driving it. Calling it fish-bite issue is actually a great way of explaining it.

Old 08-27-2014, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by Mr.Boon View Post
Calling it fish-bite issue is actually a great way of explaining it.
My fish started out as a minnow but feels more like a largemouth bass now.

Old 08-27-2014, 12:06 PM
Update: Scheduled to take the car to a different dealer next week. I've never been to this dealer before, so it's a chance for me to get a second opinion. Will be riding with the shop foreman to get things rolling.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:10 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stealthboy View Post
Update: Scheduled to take the car to a different dealer next week. I've never been to this dealer before, so it's a chance for me to get a second opinion. Will be riding with the shop foreman to get things rolling.
Was this at suggestion of PCNA?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Engine stumble/hesitation around 2500 RPM?

Join 6SpeedOnline
Visit our Sponsors

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.