Engine stumble/hesitation around 2500 RPM?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 01:41 PM
naples991 is on a distinguished road
There is no software diagnostic that can account for design flaws!

Old 09-04-2014, 02:26 PM
stealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud of
I don't think we need to make this a "hate the CEO" thread.

Old 09-04-2014, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by STG958
Satellites can read license plates on our cars! I can think of 1000 more technological wonders.

I'm sure this issue can be measured or logged somehow by more basic technology.
I am just an old computer guy with a lot of software experience

Old 09-05-2014, 12:25 AM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by beemer guy

I suspect that BMW did something similar with the HPFP issue years ago. Instead of lower fuel pressure setting the check engine light and going into limp-home mode, they lowered the error threshold. Yes, I had one of those cars as well. The E34 never ran right after that work was done, and I got a buyback on it. The E92 with the HPFP recall never ran right after that was done, and I just sold it. No BMW in my garage now.

But I digress. Far OT was I. Sorry.

They pulled the same stunt with the E46 M3. Redline was lowered, yet adjusted to show a higher RPM and same redline.

Old 09-22-2014, 12:54 PM
stealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud of
Update.

Took the car in to a different dealer. Rode with the tech, who said he couldn't feel anything, but did acknowledge one stumble up at 3KRPM under acceleration. The roads were really bad around the dealer anyway so no surprise. Kept the car over the weekend.

He called the Porsche Field Tech who basically said it was normal. He said that it was because I was driving too "slowly" and an backing off of the throttle right when then variable cam changes position. But that's total BS since it happens under heavy throttle up through the range, not just an constant throttle to maintain one speed. That's when I got pissed off. Basically Porsche said I was driving it wrong. From their side the case is closed.

Old 09-22-2014, 01:29 PM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stealthboy
Basically Porsche said I was driving it wrong. From their side the case is closed.
So the field tech diagnosed your car remotely?
A very impressive feat on their part.

Apparently the only thing this excuse of company and their customer service department understand is a big stick and bad press.

Get a lawyer..

Old 09-22-2014, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by dux
So the field tech diagnosed your car remotely?
A very impressive feat on their part.
The Field Tech said he was working with a car in Maryland that had the same issues I was having, therefore his diagnosis covered my car as well.

Old 09-22-2014, 01:53 PM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
The Field Tech said he was working with a car in Maryland that had the same issues I was having, therefore his diagnosis covered my car as well.
Not sure whether to laugh or cry but get his remote diagnosis / findings in writing, and go forth with the next steps.

Old 09-23-2014, 05:21 AM
beemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the rough
He called the Porsche Field Tech who basically said it was normal.
and then...

This is the kind of thing that really torques my panties. You have multiple customers complaining about an issue, but it's "normal"? Well sir, Ford Pintos bursting into flames was also "normal" but it's not a desirable behavior. Chevrolets turning themselves off as you drive down the road was "normal" but again, people preferred that it wouldn't do that.

I am annoyed. Best of luck, stealthboy. I know this is driving you nuts. My sympathies.

Old 09-23-2014, 06:08 AM
Originally Posted by beemer guy
This is the kind of thing that really torques my panties. You have multiple customers complaining about an issue, but it's "normal"?

Yes, that's the frustrating part. It's like on one hand they acknowledge it's an issue, then they just try to convince me I'm crazy and that the car is driving normally.

This morning on my drive into work I was having a terrible time in my car - stumbling, hesitation while on the highway. When I accelerate I get big bumps at 3K RPM as the variocam fails to provide a smooth transition. But I guess I'm just driving it wrong.

I need someone who is an advocate for the customer. I need a mechanic to get in my car and say "wow, how have you put up with that?". Instead, I get a bunch of people telling me I'm just delusional.

Old 09-23-2014, 12:57 PM
beemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the rough
I need someone who is an advocate for the customer.
As I understand things, this is the job of the service manager. He or she needs to be involved, let him/her drive the car and experience your pain. Forgive me if you've already done this - but I would suggest that it is the next step in escalating it. Even if "they all do that" (which they don't, natch) he can be a reference when you escalate it to Porsche corporate and/or file suit with the lemon law, if you decide to take it that far.

Old 09-23-2014, 01:04 PM
Get the Service Manager to take it home one night.

Old 09-23-2014, 01:18 PM
dux
For those you are not quite clear with the chain of command, it is as follows;
Service Adviser
Tech
Head Tech
Service Manager
Porsche Field Tech *

* This genius apparently diagnosed Stealthboy's car remotely by looking at another car 100's of miles away.

Not sure what going back to the Service manager is going to accomplish.
If anything, he should be going up the food chain not down.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by dux; 09-23-2014 at 01:19 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-23-2014, 01:23 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
Yes, that's the frustrating part. It's like on one hand they acknowledge it's an issue, then they just try to convince me I'm crazy and that the car is driving normally.

This morning on my drive into work I was having a terrible time in my car - stumbling, hesitation while on the highway. When I accelerate I get big bumps at 3K RPM as the variocam fails to provide a smooth transition. But I guess I'm just driving it wrong.

I need someone who is an advocate for the customer. I need a mechanic to get in my car and say "wow, how have you put up with that?". Instead, I get a bunch of people telling me I'm just delusional.

I tried skimming through the thread but didn't find anything on lemon laws. Have you looked into this? Does it even apply to your situation here?

Old 09-23-2014, 01:29 PM
dux
Originally Posted by Christophosphorus
I tried skimming through the thread but didn't find anything on lemon laws. Have you looked into this?
See posts No: 250... 251... etc

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Engine stumble/hesitation around 2500 RPM?