Problems with Smoker's Package?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 06:18 PM
jkonva is on a distinguished road
Problems with Smoker's Package?

I am building a C4S Cab and my dealer recommended that I not get the smoker's package. He said that the cover can easily open when your arm hits it while shifting or sitting on the arm rest.

Have others experienced this problem?

I don't smoke, but I prefer the cleaner lines that the smoker's package provides.

Thanks.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:27 PM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
I've only had my car for a couple of days but I haven't had any issues and I think it does look great!

Old 02-21-2013, 07:40 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Had my car since June and have never had that happen. I recommend it.

ChuckJ

Old 02-21-2013, 08:37 PM
TOPorschefan is just really niceTOPorschefan is just really niceTOPorschefan is just really niceTOPorschefan is just really nice
Your sales guy must really be on something. I have had the car for almost a year and I am so happy I took that option. Looks cleaner-my advice is definitely get it! Don't forget PSE!

Old 02-21-2013, 10:50 PM
jdsc will become famous soon enough
I've had the smoker's package for almost a year and I've had the same experience as your salesman is talking about maybe a total of 6 times. No big deal and it sure looks nice and finished. Plus you get the additional outlet if you need it........So, go for it. The price is right for a Porsche option.

Old 02-22-2013, 05:08 AM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
no problem with it popping open, but please someone tell me what can you do with it? too small and shallow to put anything in it and any plug you put in lighter is too big to allow it to close.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:03 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
I have it and have had no issues with it popping open. Agree with everyone in that having it finishes off the center console and looks a lot neater. I recommend it. I use it for my trickler in winter months when car is in storage.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:34 AM
Jacky328 is on a distinguished road
Definitely need it, at least it gives one more outlet!
I am a smoker

Old 02-22-2013, 06:41 AM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
Never had it pop open.........holds toll cash

Attached Images  
Old 02-22-2013, 06:56 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
honda..thats a great photo.

I say get it.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:42 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
I ordered it for the extra outlet but also because my rental 991S last fall in Germany didn't have it and I found the "tray" just too shallow to put anything in it safely and you certainly can't leave parking change open to view or it will disappear through the broken door window caused by someone stealing a dollar or two in change.

John in Vancouver

Old 02-22-2013, 10:05 AM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Thats BS, its the best free option offered by Porsche (or its the only one?)

Old 02-22-2013, 10:07 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
No it's not the only free option.

Deleting Carerra and replacing with "911" is also free.

John in Vancouver

Old 02-22-2013, 10:15 AM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Also, Black Gauges, is Free... Well Relatively speaking...lol

Old 02-22-2013, 11:24 AM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Snowczar
No it's not the only free option.

Deleting Carerra and replacing with "911" is also free.

John in Vancouver
Its US$238 option in our market! thats what I paid for it. un-freaking-believable!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Problems with Smoker's Package?