Clear taillight install help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 04:30 PM
xfrCO has a spectacular aura aboutxfrCO has a spectacular aura about
Clear taillight install help

Hey guys,

I tried the search function and google with no help. I am trying to install my new clears. I read all you had to do was raise the rear spoiler to get to the bolts holding the rear taillights in. But I have the duck tail. Does anybody know how to access the bolts? I tried youtube as well but came up with nothing.

Thanks.

Old 02-25-2013, 05:33 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
search this site - raise the trunk - there are some plastic flaps that pop off and there 1 screw

Old 02-25-2013, 05:52 PM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
I raised my spoiler, then underneath popped off a plastic cover on each side with two bolts (right above the taillight) which came out easily enough once the cover was popped off.

No idea with Ducktail - good question Congrats on getting your set though

Old 02-25-2013, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by Cpa4S
search this site - raise the trunk - there are some plastic flaps that pop off and there 1 screw
Thanks Cpa4S,

I assume raise the rear spoiler? And I can't. Tried to see if it pops off but it won't. I apologize if I am misreading your suggestion. I did try to do a search. I guess I am using the wrong key words. Tried ducktail, removal of taillights, etc...The removal of taillights showed me what I already knew about raising the stock spoiler with the button and then accessing the screws. The ducktail is locked down.

Thanks.

Old 02-25-2013, 05:56 PM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
I believe you are the very first Ducktail clear light install, sir.

Old 02-25-2013, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by nicoli
I raised my spoiler, then underneath popped off a plastic cover on each side with two bolts (right above the taillight) which came out easily enough once the cover was popped off.

No idea with Ducktail - good question Congrats on getting your set though
Thanks nicoli. Your the inspiration with the clears. Love it on our color combo. Well actually I like the look in general on all colors. Hopefully I can figure it out. Maybe I just have to pay the dealer to do it for me.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:16 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
nicoli is the person - he was the virgin clear light person & has a great pic on it!

Old 02-25-2013, 06:17 PM
you raised the rear trunk not the spoiler for that?

Old 02-25-2013, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by Cpa4S
you raised the rear trunk not the spoiler for that?
Spoiler for me, but I'm a silly Cabrio

Old 02-25-2013, 06:50 PM
Spoiler for me, but I'm a silly Cabrio
Nicoli is right. Should be spoiler. Popping the engine cover does nothing. The duck tail is a fixed wing. Couldn't figure how to pop it up.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:21 PM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by xfrCO
Nicoli is right. Should be spoiler. Popping the engine cover does nothing. The duck tail is a fixed wing. Couldn't figure how to pop it up.
Disclaimer- I just had both tail lights replaced by the dealer for moisture/condensation. I asked the tech how he did it- this was his explanation:

Pop the rear engine cover...There are two exposed torx bolts that need to come out...these hold the spoiler. Bolts out & the spoiler slides forward and then you'll see the top of the light.

I think there is only one bolt that hold the light in place. Should pop out.

Dealer said it took ten minutes.

I wish I would have watched. Hope this helps you.

This is the driver side.

Attached Images  
Old 02-25-2013, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by HotHonda
Disclaimer- I just had both tail lights replaced by the dealer for moisture/condensation. I asked the tech how he did it- this was his explanation:

Pop the rear engine cover...There are two exposed torx bolts that need to come out...these hold the spoiler. Bolts out & the spoiler slides forward and then you'll see the top of the light.

I think there is only one bolt that hold the light in place. Should pop out.

Dealer said it took ten minutes.

I wish I would have watched. Hope this helps you.

This is the driver side.

Honda you are the man!!
I will look into this tomorrow. I appreciate it.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:48 PM
Thanks again

Hey guys, thanks for all the help. It worked just like HotHonda said it would. Easy. Maybe 10 mins and that includes taking my time to not scratch my paint. I will post up pics when I get a chance. Snowing like crazy here in CO.