My Frustrating Ongoing Experience with Fabspeed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 05:06 PM
genpop3 is just really nicegenpop3 is just really nicegenpop3 is just really nicegenpop3 is just really nicegenpop3 is just really nice
My Frustrating Ongoing Experience with Fabspeed

EDIT 9/6/2013: Fabspeed has fully resolved the situation to my satisfaction.

Hope this is an isolated incident. I really hated harassing David so much about one little order, and in the end I got the wrong order and now I have to harass him again.

8/16/2013
Emailed David@FabSpeed for Member Pricing.

8/19/2013
Received Pricing from David@FabSpeed

8/19/2013
Requested Shipped/Out-the-Door Price

8/19/2013
Received OTD Pricing from David@FabSpeed

8/20/2013
Requested Invoice for Payment; Provided Shipping Information

8/21/2013
Requested Invoice for Payment

8/21/2013
David@FabSpeed Promises to Send Invoice

8/22/2013
Requested Payment Method since Invoice Seems to be a lot of Trouble

8/22/2013
David@FabSpeed replies with CC or Paypal and to mention his name in the transaction detail so order can be expedited.

8/22/2013
Paid with Paypal, below is my exact transaction detail:
Amount: $XXX.00 USD
Sent on: August 22, 2013
Subject line of your payment email: POLISHED Deluxe Quad Tips for Porsche 991 Carrera 3.4L (Base) Application w/ Shipping Included
Message in your payment email: Rep David Rossi-membership pricing received RE 6speedonline. I want this one: https://www.fabspeed.com/carrera_991_18.html. Please make sure everything is included for simple bolt on installation a base 991 Carrerra 3.4L.
8/23/2013
Requested Order Acknowledgement

8/27/2013
Requested Order Acknowledgement

8/27/2013
David@FabSpeed promises tracking tomorrow; apologizes; cites personal matter as reason for delay

8/29/2013
Requested Order Status Update

8/29/2013
David@FabSpeed responds that he does not have my order information

8/29/2013
Order information provided, my frustration is noted

8/29/2013
Item is shipped out, it seems I was upgraded to overnight; very pleased, felt FabSpeed cared enough to do this for me.

8/30/2013
Received Package; immediately went to Home Depot to hunt for Reverse Torx sockets. Ended up paying $45 at specialty store. Amazon is $19 + free Amazon Prime 2 day shipping for me...

Came back from store. Took off my tips. Opened package. WRONG TIPS WERE SENT

Very upset....

very very very upset and frustrated....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130830_153758.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	423.9 KB
ID:	276319

Last edited by genpop3; 09-07-2013 at 02:40 AM.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:32 PM
LPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to all
Did you contact them immediately regarding this? I'm sure they will make it right for you.

Old 08-30-2013, 07:33 PM
j080808 is on a distinguished road
My first and last experience with them would take too long to write about.

Long story short, it took THEM 3 months to acknowledge an issue, return the item and issue a credit to my credit card. This was after a delay in even receiving the item in the first place.

Most folks would have bashed them up and down on the boards, because they certainly deserved it. Maybe I should have, as it probably would have sped things up.

Your time-line sounds a lot like mine-terrible customer service and follow through. Sorry Fabspeed, you lost me as a customer.

Old 08-30-2013, 09:03 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
I just PMd Fabspeed. Unfortunately, this is an extended weekend, but if this is not resolved by early next week, please let me know.

Thanks.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:27 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
i email for product info months back. got one reply and asked another question... still no reply.

i don't think you have to use a reverse torx socket, at least i didn't.

Old 08-31-2013, 01:08 AM
advan34i is on a distinguished road
ive been looking at the same item. it seems like it only fits Carrera S or Carrera that has the PSE exhaust system. it didn't list that it fits OEM Carrera exhaust. hope that helps.

Old 08-31-2013, 01:15 AM
robster1974 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for this. I wont be ordering from Fabspeed any time soon!!

Old 08-31-2013, 02:03 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Yuck! Feel your pain. No fabspeed please.

Old 08-31-2013, 03:18 AM
jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !
Funny but I had a similar negative experience dealing with Fabspeed. They didn't return calls, couldn't remember my questions. I couldn't get straight answers. It's a shame because it seems they manufacture good products. They may need to work on customer service.

Old 08-31-2013, 03:32 AM
Team Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the rough
Weird, although I didn't buy my exhaust from them I ended up emailing with them quite a bit... very helpful, and all emails were returned within hours. I hope you get that resolved, since I believe the prices and quality are great. Good luck!

Old 08-31-2013, 05:28 AM
jerryk991 will become famous soon enoughjerryk991 will become famous soon enough
It works on a base 991

I have a base 991 without PSE and the Fabspeed exhaust tips worked fine. Bought them through my dealer after I spoke with Fabspeed.

Old 08-31-2013, 06:29 AM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
I've done extensive biz with Wheels Boutique (they are way more than just wheels) and my experiences were excellent. They have great communications skills and are friendly, reasonable, and prompt. I highly recommend them.

Old 08-31-2013, 10:07 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Hi all,

First I apologize to everyone that has had a bad experience with me/us in the past. It's disheartening to say the least and I personally pride myself on great customer service as many members here can attest to, although I can see how that may not seem the case in this thread, I try to go above and beyond for every customer I deal with.

Johnson's (aoshichanX) tip issue is inexcusable. We shipped "S" tips when we should have shipped non-s, we have been talking via email and he will have the correct tips overnighted tuesday for delivery Wednesday. As to the initial issue with the poor communication, there was a misunderstanding between us about how the order was being placed, I should have been more clear and am taking full responsibility for that as well.

I appreciate everyone's candor in this thread. Like every company, we have things that need to be worked on and areas of the business that need to be improved. We are taking steps to ensure these issues aren't ongoing and that every customer walks away feeling good about their purchase.

Old 08-31-2013, 10:31 AM
tanman will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by David@Fabspeed
Hi all,

First I apologize to everyone that has had a bad experience with me/us in the past. It's disheartening to say the least and I personally pride myself on great customer service as many members here can attest to, although I can see how that may not seem the case in this thread, I try to go above and beyond for every customer I deal with.

Johnson's (aoshichanX) tip issue is inexcusable. We shipped "S" tips when we should have shipped non-s, we have been talking via email and he will have the correct tips overnighted tuesday for delivery Wednesday. As to the initial issue with the poor communication, there was a misunderstanding between us about how the order was being placed, I should have been more clear and am taking full responsibility for that as well.

I appreciate everyone's candor in this thread. Like every company, we have things that need to be worked on and areas of the business that need to be improved. We are taking steps to ensure these issues aren't ongoing and that every customer walks away feeling good about their purchase.
Took ownership and provided acceptable solution, a good result.

Old 08-31-2013, 12:36 PM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
Bad customer service is really awful - not just bad - in this market. That sucks.

Have to say though, that my Fabspeed mufflers are really, really well made and sound out of this world mated to my PSE primary muffler/xpipe.

(via 6SpeedOnline iOS)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Frustrating Ongoing Experience with Fabspeed