Pics of my new Agate Grey 911 c4s x51 aerokit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 09:09 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
A stunner for sure! Enjoy it!
Yes I'm biased but I have to state that those wheels in platinum are just about the finest looking on the 991's. On yours they look spectacular!

Old 10-22-2013, 09:15 PM
JoeInDallas will become famous soon enough
Over 100 miles on car since 3pm today.

Comments so far:
Negatives:
Car is not fun to drive unless sport or sport plus is engaged.
Radio is complicated and not intuitive when compared to my Jeep SRT8
Wish I had a multi-function steering wheel with paddle shifters (I have paddle shifters)

Positives:
Car is the funnest I have ever driven when in sport plus and manual mode! OMG! This blows my old Z06 Corvette away.
Car is second funnest ever when in sport and manual mode!
Car is a blast in sport or sport plus in auto mode (but not as fun as manual shifting)
PDK is seriously awesome!!!! My Z06 was occasionally in the wrong gear to satisfy a whim of more power. The PDK is a thought away from the perfect gear, every second I am driving it. PDK Rules!!!!!
The HD radio sound great. Even better than the XM.
The Burmester Audio is the best I have ever had in a car.
Car is fun in a straight line with the x51 package. Car is unreal fun in corners!!
PDCC can be turned on or off at any time. At almost all speeds it improves ride. Hard to explain, but you really NEED this option! My wife can feel the difference when it is on.
The carbon fiber pieces are 100 times better looking than the carbon fiber pieces in the Jeep SRT8.
I love the 18 way seats.
The Alcantara head liner is gorgeous.

The first 20 miles in the car were ok..not great. Rush hour traffic, and I had to drive slow so my wife could keep up following me home. The new 20 were really good. The 20 after that were awesome. That last 40 were OMG orgasmic! This car is better after getting used to it. I suspect I will love it more over time.

I will take some interior pics tomorrow. I will also post a link to my build list.

Thank you all for your comments. They really mean the world to me. I chose this car over the Audi R8 V10, that I was also considering. This car will not get the looks that one would. It is however in my opinion, better by a significant margin. I am estatic about my purchase. I plan to go on a long road trip very soon. Approximately 6,000 miles. I bought this car to drive.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:18 PM
lunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to behold
Incredible!
I bet its super fast with the X51.
Porsche has to be undertsating the performance numbers on the PowerKit.
If you bought it to keep, I fully agree with going NA instead of turbo.

They should have an option for the GT3 engine in an S.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:23 PM
Spec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats!

Old 10-22-2013, 09:26 PM
Thank you LunaRX. I estimate that the x51 could be good for a zero to sixty time of about 3.4 seconds. That is completely untested though on my part. I can tell you though, that my car feels like a completely different animal than the various 991's that I test drove. I don't regret the x51 for a second.

If the GT3 motor would have been an option, I would have got it. However, I don't think I will be missing the power. The X51 is seriously powerful. Keep in mind that I had a 505 hp Z06. The combination of X51 with PDK feels great even when compared to the Z06 with a manual. In some ways, much better.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:28 PM
PS I saw a brand new Corvette parked in front of a restaurant tonight. It was much prettier in person than in photos. I however do not regret for a second, choosing the Porsche. I know the new Corvettes are supposed to be the best ever made. I can't imagine though for a second that they handle anything like my new Porsche.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:53 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the car! That is one big build! Looks like you may have ticked even more option boxes than Fester!!!

Unless I am wrong, PDCC cannot be turned on or off.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:05 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
JoeInDallas: it's an amazing looking car. Very very nicely spec'd that came very nicely together. You must've given it a very deep thought and after significant research I bet! Well, again, result is splendid. I'm in your boat...get what you want..don't chicken out on spending money on options. I think that's what you did. Enjoy In great health! Happy driving !!

Old 10-22-2013, 10:11 PM
GrayBlack will become famous soon enough
Did you get carbon ceramic brakes as well?

Old 10-22-2013, 10:12 PM
lunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to behold
Its interesting since the Z06 was also a top end motor but the S has a livelier top end, since the power comes on so sharply and the PDK keeps it singing and zinging.
Your X51 must be incredible.
If you ever get it on a dyno or do a head to head against an S, we want to hear about it.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by DBYT
Congrats on the car! That is one big build! Looks like you may have ticked even more option boxes than Fester!!!

Unless I am wrong, PDCC cannot be turned on or off.
I have a button below my Sport Plus button labeled "PDCC". It turns it on or off. There is a definite difference when it is on, as apposed to off.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by Fester
JoeInDallas: it's an amazing looking car. Very very nicely spec'd that came very nicely together. You must've given it a very deep thought and after significant research I bet! Well, again, result is splendid. I'm in your boat...get what you want..don't chicken out on spending money on options. I think that's what you did. Enjoy In great health! Happy driving !!
Thanks Fester!! You have one of the truly great builds! How are you liking the wheel spacers? I may need to add that.

Also, did you go for the LoJack option? I think I may do that after I get back from my road trip.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by GrayBlack
Did you get carbon ceramic brakes as well?
Yes That is why the calipers are yellow.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by Haku
A stunner for sure! Enjoy it!
Yes I'm biased but I have to state that those wheels in platinum are just about the finest looking on the 991's. On yours they look spectacular!
Thank you. They look much better than I thought they would. Very glad I chose them.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest
Congrats! She's beautiful! Love the aero kit and the wheel color looks great! What color are the wheels? Matched to body?

+1 for option list and more pics!
They are the platinum wheels. Were cheaper than the "matched to body color" option. Although, the color seems to match my Agate Grey perfectly. I really love them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pics of my new Agate Grey 911 c4s x51 aerokit