Ongoing change over valve issues on 991?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 06:32 PM
fbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to behold
Well, they are working quietly behind the scenes. The valves are on their fourth(?) iteration. Perhaps the next version (part ending in "G"?) may have a longer life span than 4 months....

But yes, it is very frustrating. The exhaust and the heater valves at least are detectable to the owner. Who knows how many other undetected, non-fault code errors are running around from other valves.

Last edited by fbroen; 03-16-2015 at 06:37 PM.
Old 03-23-2015, 06:19 PM
khalik2 is on a distinguished road
Just replaced mine with part # 7PP-906-283-F

Cause: Same vacuum with sport exhaust engaged or disengaged on control side of change-over valve

The other valves were ok.

Old 09-12-2016, 09:27 AM
serpico911 is on a distinguished road
Out of PUK warranty - COV Issues

Firstly, thanks to all 991 owners who have posted here on this systemic issue with change over valves - really helpful. I have a late 2012 991 C2 with PSE, which is now outside of warranty. Last week I had the 'Cooling System Fault' display and the actuators butterflies on my PSE no longer operate.
I disassembled the rear of the car to get to the COVs and found I had the version detailed here that you guys were having trouble with: 7PP906283B. I checked on the PUK website for my car and the open campaign WC43, which was apparently done.
I contacted my local PUK dealer who said that my car was fixed in 2012 before I took delivery of the car (12 miles on the clock), but from my weekend inspection of my car these were the faulty COVs you guys have detailed on this posting. From this forum it also seems that PUK COVs have changed twice more, now 7PP906283F. Contrary to views here that good-will will prevail it appears from correspondence so far that PUK are expecting me to pay for replacing the defective COVS parts that seem to be constantly failing on members vehicles. My car is going into the dealers tomorrow and will let you know how I get on.

Old 09-15-2016, 02:31 AM
serpico911 is on a distinguished road
Porsche Tewkesbury (Hannah Lewis) have been brilliant. Upon their inspection of my 'Cooling System Fault' they have indeed confirmed the problem to be the Change Over Valve for my PSE. Fortunately that is the only COV requiring change as the bill is £207. Hannah has tried unsuccessfully with PUK Warranty Team to get them to foot the cost, even sharing a link to this forum, but to no avail. If you have a 911 outside of warranty beware as there are 8 COVs and they have a habit of breaking repeatedly - some owners on here are reporting as soon as only 4 months!
Very poor from a prestige brand.

Old 09-15-2016, 02:36 PM
Sigus is on a distinguished road
My 2013 has had the cooling light come on twice. Send it into dealer and they tell me they don't know what I am talking about when I bring up the COV. I have the warning light on again and am waiting on dealer for an appointment. Thank goodness mine is CPO and will be under warranty for a few more years.

That said this is very frustrating.

Old 09-15-2016, 08:32 PM
STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !
Old 09-16-2016, 09:54 AM
Sigus is on a distinguished road
Thank you!

Old 04-04-2018, 12:51 PM
Banned
R_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really nice
Anyone have a copy of the tech bulletin? Looks like it's my turn....

Old 04-04-2019, 07:15 PM
lchen2576 is an unknown quantity at this point
well here comes the victim. i had an oct/2012 built 991.1 c2s with pse, my car got burnt down to ashes late january this year. porsche neved changed any cov for me over the years. they charged me for one workshop campaign for change the cov, but actually did not do the work. i suspect the failure of some cov lead to cooling failure for the transmission which emit flame burst which was obsevered from surveillence video after running on track for 9 mins.

Originally Posted by dux
They don't care to resolve the issue unless someone gets hurt.
As it stands, it's merely an "inconvenience" and they'll keep replacing them till the cows come home.

"Pitiful", "sad" and "saga" are just some of the words used in this thread to describe the situation. In reality there is no situation. It is simply how Porsche is choosing to manage (rather than address) the problem.

Ultimately the joke is on us..

Old 04-04-2019, 07:15 PM
lchen2576 is an unknown quantity at this point
anyone has the WC43 bulletin pls forward a copy to me, i am in need for WC43 and WE12 tech bulletin.

Originally Posted by R_Rated
Anyone have a copy of the tech bulletin? Looks like it's my turn....

Old 08-23-2019, 07:27 PM
Chauncey Leagones is an unknown quantity at this point
Ive had this issue with my .1 C4S for some time now and I'm so over it at this point. The car now has a SOUL exhaust on it and everything is hooked up correctly but the valves clearly aren't opening. I tested the closed valve technique and the car sounds amazing with the valves forced open but it eventually throws the cooling code.

My aggravating adventure so far:

1. One INDY shop found a busted COV and replaced it but the PSE still doesn't operate the valves $400

2. Just got car back from the Dealer who had my car for 3 weeks and did over 5hrs of "diagnostics" on it and could find nothing wrong with it. WTH ?? $500 I'm tempted to contact PCNA to complain as this is a small Porsche dealership and I honestly feel that they ARE NOT skilled with 911's...(Only had 1 911 at the dealership)

3. At this point I have no clue what do to next as its been to both Porsche authorized mechanics with no luck on why the exhaust flaps wont open on the PSE..

So at this point ive spent almost $1000 just to the exhaust valves to open correctly...

John from SOUL has been great !!! he sold me a Valve controller kit so this is my last hope for the PSE to open correctly...I will be installing next week

Any suggestions or help at this point will be greatly appreciated