Tint recommendations for a C2S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 08:09 PM
r11rs will become famous soon enough
Tint recommendations for a C2S

Looking for recommendations? Is ceramic worth the extra $100?

Plan is to go super light tint so as to shield from heat and UV exposure in/on a silver 911.

Thanks!

Old 05-26-2017, 02:19 PM
Whoddoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Have done quite a bit of research lately as I plan on tinting my Rhodium Silver C2S as well. If you are looking for light tint with great heat and UV shielding the information I have been able to gather points toward Spectra Photosync and Ceraluxe Quantum Ceremic. The first has impressive UV and heat rejection with only a very light tint with the Ceraluxe coming in a close second. Have also looked at Huper Optik, the 3M Crystalline and the LLumar Ceremic which are not that far behind the first two. None of these will interfere with RF, bluetooth or wireless signals. In the end find shops and see examples of the work as the quality of the installer is most important.

Old 05-26-2017, 09:44 PM
wow great stuff thanks. was assuming would be standard or ceramic. looks like lot of options to research now - that photsync looks pretty nice from what I'm reading...

Old 05-27-2017, 06:32 PM
DarthSid is on a distinguished road
3M Crystalline Tint

I went with 3M Crystalline Tint all around. Here is a color chart and rating.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1945.JPG
Views:	1723
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	477339  
Old 06-01-2017, 08:16 PM
///M3THOD is an unknown quantity at this point
Ive done 20% 3M carbon on all my cars and its got great heat rejection, I would probably do ceramic on anything lighter though.

I just like the look of the darker tint!

I have a GT Silver car, I can snap a picture of the tint if you would like to see how dark it looks

Old 06-01-2017, 08:20 PM
Unfortunately being told 3M will not allow mobile installers to do 3M at all

Old 06-07-2017, 11:38 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
It comes down to your personal choice. When dealing with higher-end ceramics, they will all pretty much perform the same and the minor differences on paper, are rarely noticed by us humans.

When we explain to our clients, installer is the main key and the scope of service performed should be the main deciding factor. We're familiar with all the films mentioned in this thread, and also specialize in Porsches, have been since 1995. Each of the films mentioned in this thread have pros and cons. From my experience:

3M Crystalline - amazing heat rejection, excellent clarity, and very innovative considering what goes into making it. It has a slight brownish hue, topcoat is not durable as it scratches easily, and installer is extremely key as heat shrinking it is for the skilled installer only, otherwise, distortions are very prevalent.

Photosync - excellent heat rejection, very clear, excellent IR #s. From the installations we've seen, it has a bluish hue to it and slightly cloudy when you look at it at an angle...for example, when sitting in driver seat look at your outside side mirror.

Huper Optik - great heat rejection, excellent optical clarity, and extremely durable topcoat which means less scratches. For example, Porsche Panameras are a known for having issues with the windows scratching from being rolled up/down, as they lack a felt gasket. Huper Optik is one of only a few film known that can withstand, when new felt is properly installed, this abuse. Huper Optik ceramic films do have a slight reflective look to them and they also require a trained installer, otherwise, you'll have issues during heat shrinking and will get "ghosting" from overheating the film.

We use Suntek Ceramic IR and Huper Optik at my shop and are happy with both performance.

It simply comes down to the "look" you want, so if seeing a brownish or bluish green tree isn't for you, then Huper is the clear choice. If you're solely focused on heat rejection and don't mind the color variances, but want a less reflective film, then you can see how 3M and Photosync would be a better choice for YOU.

So, unfortunately, no one-size-fits-all approach here. It's, what's on the priority list and what compromise you're willing to make.

Also, when tinting, interior and exterior of vehicle get pretty dirty as there's soap solution that is used both outside and inside your vehicle. Will the shop simply just wipe it down and leave streaks everywhere and/or scratch the exterior paint? I'm super OCD and want to make sure we start and finish every tint installation cleaner than we started the project.

We first wash the vehicle properly in order to remove dirt as much as possible from exterior. This assures us no contamination from outside is carried inside. Once interior tinting is complete, we vacuum and wipe down interior as well do make sure nothing from installation is left behind, not even the streaks and dripping of water on leather door panels or dash, etc. It's a little more effort, and adds a little to the installation cost, but IMHO, it's how I'd want my $100K+ vehicle tinted, so I do it for our clients.

Typical installation done properly by a trained authorized installer for high-end ceramic films mentioned in this thread should be $750-1500 depending on geographic location, vehicle, and scope of installation. Remember, you only tint your vehicle once with these ceramic films, so shop for the best installer you can afford, because you in fact get what you pay for.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:44 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Old 06-07-2017, 06:29 PM
mikeva will become famous soon enoughmikeva will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the information .... very helpful !

Old 06-11-2017, 12:04 AM
went with standard film for $150 in lightest tint. had some bubbles couple days later he came and took care of. happy.

Old 06-17-2017, 06:51 AM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
If you can find a Dealer near you carrying Spectra PhotoSync or CeraLuxe Quantum Ceramic, they will be the best heat rejecting window films on the market. If you are not near us, contact the manufacturer to see who they have in your area - www.prestige-films.com

408-657-3880 / vtran@prestige-films.com

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.