Visor Sticker Removal DIY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 04:19 PM
ERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to behold
Visor Sticker Removal DIY

I hate the yellow decals on the sun visors. Here is a simple 1 hour DIY sticker removal

All you need is a screwdriver and T-25 torx to remove the visor.

Lay the removed visor on a flat surface. Take a paper towel and soak it with 91% rubbing alcohol (This is more concentrated than regular 70% isopropyl alcohol)

Lay the damp paper towel on the visor sticker and let it sit for 5 minutes

Remove the sticker. There is an outline of the sticker that is impossible to remove. Mask off the edges so you only have to paint one side. Spray paint it with industrial rust oleum flat black paint. This is the 3rd car I have done this with and it does not come off.

Reinstall the visor in the car.

Old 11-04-2018, 08:26 PM
Bob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really nice
Did you paint the entire visor or just lightly spray the area where the label was?

Old 11-04-2018, 09:56 PM
ERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to behold
Paint the entire side. I use the tape so I do not have to paint the other side.

Old 11-05-2018, 07:12 AM
Bob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really nice
Thanks, if I cannot remove the residue/outline I will keep the paint in mind. I am getting a new/ordered car so if I remove the labels ASAP maybe I will not have to do anything else.

Old 11-07-2018, 04:51 AM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
The method I use may be a little simpler. I flip the visor over while still attached, I do not remove it. I fold a paper towel twice to about the same size as the visor sticker , soak it in the alcohol, lay it on the sticker directly and let sit for approx 5 minutes, try an edge of the sticker, the sticker should come off all in 1 piece. Once off I use the same towel to wipe down the visor area to remove the glue and clean it with 303. Can't tell there were stickers on my visors. No need to paint or remove visor.
Have done this on 3 different 911's.

Old 11-07-2018, 06:45 AM
Originally Posted by Jersey Shore
The method I use may be a little simpler. I flip the visor over while still attached, I do not remove it. I fold a paper towel twice to about the same size as the visor sticker , soak it in the alcohol, lay it on the sticker directly and let sit for approx 5 minutes, try an edge of the sticker, the sticker should come off all in 1 piece. Once off I use the same towel to wipe down the visor area to remove the glue and clean it with 303. Can't tell there were stickers on my visors. No need to paint or remove visor.
Have done this on 3 different 911's.
I plan to try it this way in a couple weeks or so when my car arrives.

Old 11-10-2018, 07:05 AM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
Just be patient to let the soaked paper towel sit on the sticker for at least 5 minutes. I usually sit in the seat with a towel in case there is any dripping. Let me know how it works.

Old 11-17-2018, 09:20 PM
It worked like a charm today but there is still a faint outline of where the label was albeit it is much better than the damn label. I used more alcohol and goo gone but it still shows the outline so I just wiped it well with 303 and it looks pretty good.

Old 11-17-2018, 09:52 PM
Over time and some interior cleaning it will be completely gone. Cheapest mod and one of the most satisfying ones.
Good job.

Old 11-18-2018, 09:43 AM
Pmorritt is just really nicePmorritt is just really nicePmorritt is just really nicePmorritt is just really nice
i bought my 991 CPO 1 yr old. i tried the alcohol method with no joy. That fugly sticker was on too long and couldnt get even a corner to lift. went on amazon, there is a guy who sells several sized black stickers that cover the airbag one. cant tell there is a sticker there.