Bose and resale - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Sponsored by:

Bose and resale

Old 11-10-2018, 11:55 AM
Jonhunt is on a distinguished road
Bose and resale

Does the lack of Bose or higher affect the value in resale? I'm looking at a GTS that doesn't have it. The rep says most people are in it for the driving experience. I agree with that, but I still think the lack of Bose may hurt the resale. Just seeking opinions from the group.

Old 11-11-2018, 06:34 AM
BT1
BT1 will become famous soon enough
base model perhaps

But on an S or above model very few people are buying the car for the stereo. The only options which may significantly affect value except for a sunroof/cab penalty are performance based. Think SC, exhaust (even though its sound only), powerkit. If someone wants high fidelity they would get the burmeister package or pop in thier own equivalent package in the car. I dont even think that would boost resale value and if non stock may hurt. There are very few people who would put that on thier "must have" shopping list. I did not even pay attention. The base stereo will still hurt your ears and includes nav. The next step would be to have android (like a base $15k ford) where you could run Waze. I would pay for and consider that and I think others would as well but alas it is not offered.

Old 11-11-2018, 08:50 AM
Jonhunt is on a distinguished road
Thanks

I appreciate the feed back. I agree stereo isn't a reason to buy a Pcar, but it seems as if almost everyone I look at has Bose.

Old 11-12-2018, 06:55 PM
Bob Z. has a spectacular aura aboutBob Z. has a spectacular aura aboutBob Z. has a spectacular aura about
More cars have the Bose as compared to the other 2 options so that tells you something right there. If the other options are good someone could just buy the Bose speakers and put those in place of the standard speakers so keep that in mind.

Old 11-13-2018, 09:38 AM
Compukidd will become famous soon enough
HI.....I don't think it matters at all especially on a GTS. Personally, I very rarely even turn on my Bose Radio, I listen to the exhaust note. Performance options are a lot more important than the stereo. Good luck with your purchase.

Old 11-14-2018, 06:38 PM
dbh
dbh is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Compukidd View Post
HI.....I don't think it matters at all especially on a GTS. Personally, I very rarely even turn on my Bose Radio, I listen to the exhaust note. Performance options are a lot more important than the stereo. Good luck with your purchase.
I agree. I don't think Bose or base system will make much, if any, difference at resale time.