Porsche Indoor Car Cover

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 08:43 AM
Compukidd will become famous soon enough
Porsche Indoor Car Cover

Hi All....its that time of year when some of us start to prep our cars for winter storage. In the past I never used a car cover. I am thinking of buying the Porsche indoor cover but I don't know if it will just stick a bunch of cotton/felt/lint on the cab roof. Anyone have experience with this? Or don't even bother with a cover? Is it a waste of money? Thank you in advance for any responses.

Old 11-13-2018, 04:52 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Compukidd
Hi All....its that time of year when some of us start to prep our cars for winter storage. In the past I never used a car cover. I am thinking of buying the Porsche indoor cover but I don't know if it will just stick a bunch of cotton/felt/lint on the cab roof. Anyone have experience with this? Or don't even bother with a cover? Is it a waste of money? Thank you in advance for any responses.
No issue with mine. I prefer these over the Porsche ones. http://www.autochic.com/covers.html (no affiliation)

If you want something simple flannel sheets work well too. I definitely would cover over the winter with proper storage procedues.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 12-11-2018 at 12:18 PM.
Old 11-13-2018, 05:49 PM
Bob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really nice
The Porsche indoor cover is very nice, no lint or dust, easy to put on, can be washed, and it has the crest on it if you like that. I had one for my last car and still have it, and I am getting another one with the new car I am picking up Friday so if you want to buy it before I post it for sale send me a PM.

Old 11-14-2018, 05:49 PM
dbh
dbh is an unknown quantity at this point
The Porsche indoor cover is nice. I had one for my Cayman. If your car will be stored in a very dusty environment, it's definitely worth it particularly if you don't plan to take the car out of storage 'till spring. However, what I found was that on the occasional nice winter day, I'd want to take the car out. Putting the cover back on when the car returned was always problematic as it was now dusty/dirty with no chance to wash in the cold weather. Now, I just park it in the garage and occasionally dust with a California duster.

Old 11-16-2018, 08:03 AM
Compukidd will become famous soon enough
Thank you guys, great points

Old 12-11-2018, 12:14 PM
Bob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really nice
I know this is an older thread but I have a brand new Porsche Indoor cover, still in the bag, listed in the classifieds. If I did not already have one, which works great by the way, I would keep it.

Old 12-13-2018, 09:56 AM
T.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of light
Here is mine and i love the Porsche brand cover!

Old 12-13-2018, 10:03 AM
Thanks for posting pics....$250 shipped in the US for a never used one.