Exhaust question. Difference between base and S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2018, 05:40 PM
adnanm3 can only hope to improve
Exhaust question. Difference between base and S

I have a 991 3.4 base. if I were to buy a 991 s exhaust non pse and purchase a center exhaust bypass would it sound different than just a base 3.4 exhaust with center bypass? essentially what I'm asking is - are the side cans different btw the 3.4 and s non pse? also if I buy the s non pse exhaust is there a way to keep it stuck open at all times? I saw the thread on capping the vaccum line and I'm assuming that keeps it stuck open at all times

thanks

Old 12-23-2018, 02:05 PM
porschenosub is an unknown quantity at this point
Same Question

I had the same question, well sort of. I have an S center exhaust and want more sound. This seems to be what your looking for if I'm interpreting you correctly. Are the S and non S center and side exhausts compatible and will plugging the valves give more of a pleasant sound? Sorry for jumping your question.

Old 12-26-2018, 12:14 PM
Compukidd will become famous soon enough
Hi Guys...the non-S cars do not have the vaccum lines to cap. If you are not going with the expense of the PSE, then just look into an X pipe and center muffler delete. My best advice, is to watch a few different you tube videos to learn from. Two companies that make nice x pipes are Fabspeed and Sharkwerks.

Happy Holidays!

Old 12-31-2018, 09:33 AM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by adnanm3
I have a 991 3.4 base. if I were to buy a 991 s exhaust non pse and purchase a center exhaust bypass would it sound different than just a base 3.4 exhaust with center bypass? essentially what I'm asking is - are the side cans different btw the 3.4 and s non pse? also if I buy the s non pse exhaust is there a way to keep it stuck open at all times? I saw the thread on capping the vaccum line and I'm assuming that keeps it stuck open at all times

thanks
there are lots of threads on this point. I have a 991 3.4 base and converted it to a pse early on back in 2012. I was concerned that, notwithstanding the quality of the fabspeed and other offerings, that the off brand exhausts may not work well in the long run with my Porsche engine. I have 84k on the engine, turn on the pse on occasion and I don't think twice about whether the exhaust is harming the engine. Fabspeed has a state of the art facility just north of Philadelphia..you may want to call them..my concerns were solely based on the belief that few aftermarket providers could match the engineering prowess of Porsche.

Old 01-23-2019, 02:41 PM
2fas4u is on a distinguished road
Exclamation delete!

Originally Posted by Compukidd
Hi Guys...the non-S cars do not have the vaccum lines to cap. If you are not going with the expense of the PSE, then just look into an X pipe and center muffler delete. My best advice, is to watch a few different you tube videos to learn from. Two companies that make nice x pipes are Fabspeed and Sharkwerks.

Happy Holidays!
I went with billyboat center muffler delete and it was awesome with a flash. When I sold the car, I offered to send the original muffler to the dealer he said don't bother this thing sounds amazing. Just my.02 not in anyway affiliated with BB exhaust

Old 04-02-2019, 08:02 AM
malahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by rnl
there are lots of threads on this point. I have a 991 3.4 base and converted it to a pse early on back in 2012. I was concerned that, notwithstanding the quality of the fabspeed and other offerings, that the off brand exhausts may not work well in the long run with my Porsche engine. I have 84k on the engine, turn on the pse on occasion and I don't think twice about whether the exhaust is harming the engine. Fabspeed has a state of the art facility just north of Philadelphia..you may want to call them..my concerns were solely based on the belief that few aftermarket providers could match the engineering prowess of Porsche.
Hi,

If you have a sec, can you tell me if you had to change the side mufflers as well? based on what im seeing, the base 3.4 muffler exit pipes are more centered to the bumper cutouts for a single tip. Where as S/PSE exhaust muffler exhaust pipes are a little more towards the side of the vehicle to accommodate the second tip coming from the center mufler. Thus just changing the center muffler to S or PSE will not work as the side muffler pipe will be in the way.
Am I correct on that?

Thanks

Old 04-02-2019, 08:10 AM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Entire exhaust system was changed..in fact the side mufflers from the base were originally recalled.