993 Last generation normally aspirated aircooled Porsche 911. Community includes the C2, C2s, C4, Targa, C4s and cabriolet discussion.

Finally!...A new 993 thread!...Woooo-hooooo!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 04:16 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Finally!...A new 993 thread!...Woooo-hooooo!

Okay, had to post this here since nobody's paying any attention to the 993 section.

I have a neighbor who restores sports cars. Ferraris, Shelby GT's, Panteras, fun and interesting cars. Right now he has two Shelby Mustangs in his garage, alongside one of the nicest Panteras I've ever seen.

He keeps commenting on how pretty my car is and wanted to look at it more closely. So, I took him for a spin for about a half hour yesterday. We took some connecting roads between developed areas through the hills and some tree-lined areas. I shifted just before the limiter each time, took some curves at a nice pace, had the sunroof open and windows down...and the sound of the wind and screaming motor was just fantastic as usual.

He loved it! He said it was much more communicative and fun than any of his cars; that the engine sound behind our heads sounded like an Indy car; that the seating position was so low it felt like a race car, and the way you could "feel every thing that was going on, and feel the road so clearly" it reminded him of his Dad's old sports cars; that if he had this car, he'd drive it every day, unlike his other cars.

It was pretty fun to get a raw reaction from someone who hadn't spent time in a 993 before. He'd been in the 996 and TT and felt they were more disconnected in terms of sensory feedback and road feel.

I asked him when he's giving me a ride in his Pantera, and he said "I don't think it'd be much fun...I don't drive like you." I said, "What do you mean?" He said, "Let's just say you drive a little more 'spirited' than I do."

It's funny, but the old school 911's may not have superior engineering compared to the more modern iterations, but they have some special feeling that just makes people grin.

Now, if I only had another couple hundred horses...it'd be perfect....

Old 10-31-2005, 05:44 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
D,
I know the feeling brotha!
It is hard keeping up with Gary's Stage 4 and Deputydog's SC'd 996 (I actually have not tried keeping up with him since the SC). We had a beautiful weekend and I drove the 993 3 days in a row. It still puts a smile on my face every time!

Old 11-05-2005, 09:49 PM
variable is on a distinguished road
Super D: your 993 looks great from the small signature pic...any higher res photos? Is it a turbo? What have you done to it? The 993 will go down in history as the best looking 911...

Old 11-05-2005, 11:09 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Originally posted by variable
Super D: your 993 looks great from the small signature pic...any higher res photos? Is it a turbo? What have you done to it? The 993 will go down in history as the best looking 911...
Thanks. No new pics, I'm too lazy. Will go take some pics sometime soon. N/A motor. Was thinking of doing turbo conversion, but I'll buy a turbo instead at some point.

Old 11-06-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Super D
Thanks. No new pics, I'm too lazy. Will go take some pics sometime soon. N/A motor. Was thinking of doing turbo conversion, but I'll buy a turbo instead at some point.
Post them when you get around to taking some. I still miss my N/A 993, it had that go-kart feel that will always be missing in the 996.

Old 11-06-2005, 07:53 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Here are the only ones I've taken, months ago.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	daves911socaleuro.jpg
Views:	1904
Size:	448.3 KB
ID:	21646  
Old 11-06-2005, 07:54 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
one more

Attached Images  
Old 11-10-2005, 12:16 PM
That is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks!

Old 11-11-2005, 05:42 AM
Doctor K will become famous soon enough
Super D,
Your car sets the standards by which all others should be judged. A piece of art!!
BTW
Was the Pantera yellow with silver leather interior. If so it may have been the 1972 I built a few years ago.
Doc

Old 11-11-2005, 09:34 AM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Originally posted by Doctor K
Super D,
Your car sets the standards by which all others should be judged. A piece of art!!
Wow, my car's blushing!

( Thanks, I searched for quite a while before picking this one. I love it, but I do want more power...Anyone have a 3.8 Turbo motor they want to trade?... )

Originally posted by Doctor K
Was the Pantera yellow with silver leather interior. If so it may have been the 1972 I built a few years ago.
Doc
Nope, it's dark, dark blue w/black interior. He restored this one from the ground up on his own. You should see his garage, so organized with labeled drawers for every item. He should've been a surgeon instead of a CFO.

Old 11-11-2005, 09:58 AM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Dave that is one gorgeous 993...

Old 11-11-2005, 07:41 PM
TechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
Dave is going to have a problem fitting his head inside the car now after all these compliments haha. But hell I need to add one in there too, one of my favorite 993's I love the white.

-Markus-

Old 11-19-2005, 12:04 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Originally posted by TechArtDreamer
Dave is going to have a problem fitting his head inside the car now after all these compliments haha. But hell I need to add one in there too, one of my favorite 993's I love the white.

-Markus-
Thanks pal, guess I'll have to think about cutting my fro now...

Old 11-19-2005, 06:21 PM
Banned
RENNWORX GT3 will become famous soon enoughRENNWORX GT3 will become famous soon enough
Nice story Super Dave!!!!

I miss my 993 as well that car was great I wish I could have had that and the GT3 but not enough garage space.

Hope all is well with the family.

Old 11-19-2005, 06:22 PM
Banned
RENNWORX GT3 will become famous soon enoughRENNWORX GT3 will become famous soon enough
Miss my baby!

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally!...A new 993 thread!...Woooo-hooooo!