996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

REUS Audio Setups

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 01:54 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
REUS Audio Setups

Hello all!

I was interested in having REUS fly out to see me in a few weeks to install their level 2 system in my car with mirror tweeters (approx cost $4686). The problem is the last time I heard one of their systems was 2 years ago at the NY car show. I remember it sounded good, but can't really recall how good.

Since REUS will be handling the amps, speakers, subs, they told me to choose a headunit. My first choice was Kenwood DNX-7100, second choice was Pioneer AVIC-Z2, and third was Eclipse AVN-5510. Sadly, REUS recommendations were Eclipse, Pioneer, and lstly Kenwood. REUS says the Eclipse headunits sound much better combined with their systems. How are Eclipse headunits compared to Kenwood and the rest?

Can anybody give me some feedback about REUS? Since i'm spending $5k, I want to make sure what I get in good (i know good is highly opinionated). Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you!

Cheeres,
Jason

Old 10-05-2007, 04:07 PM
snapscan is on a distinguished road
I have a completely custom Reus set-up in my 996TT and it ROCKS! Rick Reus is an amzing guy with 20+ years of highend audiophile installs and provide excellent customer service...1st class the whole way. To ensure your satisfaction, I would let him know exactly what type of music you listen to and at what volume and let him work his magic.

Old 10-05-2007, 04:31 PM
GSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to all
I do agree with Reus about the HU. I have been doing car audio both personally and professionally for roughly 10 years and the quality that Eclipse offers is unbeatable. Granite, I'm not to fond of their new designs. The Pioneer is a great unit also. Do your research b4 you have them come out and see which one will suit your needs the best. As far as the quality of Reus, I have read very good things and nothing bad. GL and keep us posted!

Last edited by GSlider; 10-05-2007 at 04:33 PM.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:59 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
For the money you can get a much better system

Christian

Old 10-06-2007, 12:07 AM
mkell has a spectacular aura aboutmkell has a spectacular aura aboutmkell has a spectacular aura about
Clarion DRZ9255

Old 10-06-2007, 04:25 AM
IIVVX will become famous soon enoughIIVVX will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Christian
For the money you can get a much better system

Christian
what he said

Old 10-06-2007, 04:45 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
thanks for the response guy... i'm 100% going with REUS in terms of the speaker...

i just don't like the eclipse head units! i prefer the pioneer Z2 or kenwood1700 but rick says says to get the best sound quality out of the REUS system, I need to go Eclipse.

I talked to three separate audio shops and they all dislike the Eclipse headunits

anybody here have any experience with Eclipse headunits?

Old 10-06-2007, 04:49 PM
IIVVX will become famous soon enoughIIVVX will become famous soon enough
my audio guy recommends alpine head units

Old 10-06-2007, 05:55 PM
kraeburn will become famous soon enoughkraeburn will become famous soon enough
I have an Eclipse double din (AVN 5435 i think) and I absolutely love it. Great interface and sound quality. I have had it for almost 2 years and have found almost no faults with it.

Old 10-06-2007, 06:19 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
If you want the very best get a Nakamichi CD700 II, stunning deck

Christian

Old 11-28-2009, 09:11 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
sasportas has a spectacular aura aboutsasportas has a spectacular aura about
Reus Audio

I do not recommend Reus Audio.

He'll talk you into sending a $1000 deposit and then does not deliver a system, and does not return the deposit.

I ordered a system 3 years ago and Rick Reus has still not returned my deposit.

Old 11-28-2009, 12:28 PM
S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !
What are the other options for high end audio for Porsches?

Old 11-28-2009, 02:47 PM
JBONDOx is on a distinguished road
I pm'd you

but here is the take on the different units from messing with all of them

Eclipse has great sound quality but it ends there

Kenwood has so much going on that the menu > sub menu > sub sub menu operation makes it a PITA to use

Alpine, well I hate that company but only use their stuff, menu's are basic, sound quality is very good.

Pioneer, great unit poor quality sound

Clarion... no real experience, other than playing with it on a sound board... nothing special

JVC, they almost have a better unit than all the others, I am biased though as I refer to them as flea market quality, but they are owned by Kenwood.

I would love to design a unit...

Old 11-28-2009, 03:33 PM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
You need to compare tangible things between the head units if you want to find the "best" one. Opinions are like you know what. I used to own a chain of stereo shops. We built the show vans for Sony, Kenwood, Orion, etc etc.

Your preamp output voltage is a very good place to start looking. Then start on features: Do they all have separate and infinite control of the subs? yada yada yada....

Think like that and you will be on the right track. If I were asking opinions I'd be looking for answers having to do with features and ease of use way more than quality....."quality" is hard to quantify, especially when crapload of other components are in the mix.

In a car it is going to be pretty difficult to "hear" a difference in quality of high end head units. The vast majority of difference would be in how they are set moreso than the actual quailty difference in hu's. Having said that, if the Eclipse for example, has 2v preouts and the others have 4v.....you might....might...be able to hear a difference in soundq.

Hope that helps!...and... I don't own the stores anymore and have no dog in this hunt!

Old 11-28-2009, 10:26 PM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Reus suggested staying with the stock 996 Bose/Nav/Head Unit but would change everything behind that (amps, crossovers speakers and subs) to retain and totally stock look and many of the stock interfaces. Still thinking about it since my main complaint is the Ipod interface (Porsche label made by Dension) which is not very user friendly compare to aftermarket head units.