996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Rebuilding a Porsche 996 Turbo(cup)-03 to a street legal racecar..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 02:21 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Puppan
Sure can..
A frenchman took it for a spin after drinking a bit to much wine..
Wow - that's definitely a complete rebuild...

Old 12-29-2007, 02:31 PM
Puppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Afg
glad to see you ok after this crash and GL With Building it
Thanks, but I bought the car this way!!
It´s not something I´ll do soon again, it´s been alot of work to say the least...

Pete

Old 12-29-2007, 02:34 PM
Puppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DimNSlow
Wow - that's definitely a complete rebuild...

Well that´s for sure..
This is the way it looked a couple of months ago!
Some crazy sh-t, isn´t it.....

Attached Images  
Old 12-29-2007, 02:39 PM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
I applaud you for the extensive effort!! This is definitely the most extensive rebuild/restoration I've ever seen on a 996TT.You are moving at an amazing pace as well. I can't wait to see the finished product!

Old 12-29-2007, 02:41 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Thanks, but I bought the car this way!!
It´s not something I´ll do soon again, it´s been alot of work to say the least...

Pete
How did you decide the basic structure was ok? Or did it not even matter?

Old 12-29-2007, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by medici78
I applaud you for the extensive effort!! This is definitely the most extensive rebuild/restoration I've ever seen on a 996TT.You are moving at an amazing pace as well. I can't wait to see the finished product!
Thanks!
It´s allways nice with some cheering comments!
I´ll keep you posted!

/pete

Old 12-29-2007, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by DimNSlow
How did you decide the basic structure was ok? Or did it not even matter?
Well I bought it on internet hoping the structure was ok, funny enough no airbags had exploded so that was the reason i went for the car.
Fortunaly I was right, it was only external parts that was severily damaged even if that was enough work!
Now it´s straighter then it was when it came from the Stuttgart factory!!!

It had only 1850km on it when the frenchman crashed it so even the original parts that still are on the car is practible new...

Old 12-29-2007, 03:09 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Crazy project wow.. Good luck with it, can't wait to see more

Old 12-29-2007, 03:37 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Well I bought it on internet hoping the structure was ok, funny enough no airbags had exploded so that was the reason i went for the car.
Fortunaly I was right, it was only external parts that was severily damaged even if that was enough work!
Now it´s straighter then it was when it came from the Stuttgart factory!!!

It had only 1850km on it when the frenchman crashed it so even the original parts that still are on the car is practible new...

Great project, Pete! Looking forward to seeing and hearing more!

All the best and oh yea.....welcome to 6speed!

Old 12-29-2007, 03:52 PM
Thanks guys!
More to come in the future!

Here´s my last picture for the day, my center locked BBS Cup rims..

Attached Images  
Old 12-29-2007, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by Phoenix

Great project, Pete! Looking forward to seeing and hearing more!

All the best and oh yea.....welcome to 6speed!
By the way that´s a nice picture in your avatar, It is the ALZEN turbo with Zimmerman wide bodykit isn´t it?
That´s one of my role-models building my car!
But it will be no widebody conversion in version 1.0..

/Pete

Old 12-29-2007, 04:01 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
By the way that´s a nice picture in your avatar, It is the ALZEN turbo with Zimmerman wide bodykit isn´t it?
That´s one of my role-models building my car!
But it will be no widebody conversion in version 1.0..

/Pete
Pete,

Yes and yes.

Alzen Turbo. Zimmermann kit.

Old 12-29-2007, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by Phoenix
Pete,

Yes and yes.

Alzen Turbo. Zimmermann kit.
Thats a crazy fast racecar...
A rumor said it was just seconds from the magical record of 6:11 made by Stefan Bellof with the 956 at the Nurburg ring.. Ofcourse the track looks a bit different now when they race, but some serious mathematics calculated it to somewhere near Bellofs time..

just a bit OT..

/Pete

Old 12-30-2007, 03:55 AM
MGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to behold
Absolute amazing project !!

Old 12-30-2007, 05:12 AM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
Nice stuff with the rebuild! Looking forward to see more pics and stories.

These Turbos can be made SO fast and you will definately have that kind of car

Thats a crazy fast racecar...
A rumor said it was just seconds from the magical record of 6:11 made by Stefan Bellof with the 956 at the Nurburg ring.. Ofcourse the track looks a bit different now when they race, but some serious mathematics calculated it to somewhere near Bellofs time..

just a bit OT..

/Pete
Well during the 24hr race Alzen managed to do something like 6.40 the Nordschleife part...that's so crazy, can't compare to Bellof's time because his car was from another planet...But Alzen showed people that if you're one of the best drivers on the Ring ever with "only a slightly tuned 996TT" then simply no one is faster

EDIT: Looking forward to see you at the Ring with this car! (I will be doing 1-2 trips per year)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rebuilding a Porsche 996 Turbo(cup)-03 to a street legal racecar..