996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Rebuilding a Porsche 996 Turbo(cup)-03 to a street legal racecar..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 02:35 AM
Puppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Staff@RPM
Amazing project my man!!! Subscribing to the thread....... if you ever encounter any trouble getting a handle on some parts or tuning we would be more then happy to try and help!! Keep up the great work, we are all glad to see that someone would tackle a project like this!

Thanks that sound great!
For the moment I´m looking for ECU tune that works with my mods and European fuel!

/Pete

Old 01-07-2008, 02:44 AM
Puppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Speedy996tt
I am wondering if it would have been cheaper to buy a high mileage 996tt rather than this crashed version and spend time/money on repairs?
We tried to do a calculation about it this weekend and it looks like we are saving some money even compered to a high mileage TT.
If I buy a car with 200000Km on the tacho it will allways be high mileage car, My car had a straight chassie but alot of bodywork smashed and 18500KM on it. If I compare them I prefer I low KM car.

/Pete

Old 01-07-2008, 02:45 AM
Originally Posted by Last930
Are you staying with AWD, or converting to 2WD?
I´m converting to 2wd!

/pete

Old 01-07-2008, 02:46 AM
Thanks for all the cheering words!!

Old 01-07-2008, 02:58 AM
Ok I delivered the car to my bodyshop for some final adjustments yesterday.. Next week is planned for the paintjob so this week I have to decide on the color!! I really need some help here guys!! The one giving me a suggestion that I choose will get a ride in the car next time you are visiting Sweden!

/Pete

Old 01-07-2008, 03:09 AM
Triss is on a distinguished road
Midnight blue looks awesome on 996`s.
See https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...107170&page=12 for pics of mine or take the flight over to Gotland and come visit my garage.
Depending on the attention you want on the street, light colours is better on racecars (easier to see leaks etc) but will draw more attention from cops..

Old 01-07-2008, 03:10 AM
This was my Christmas holiday!

We monted the body parts to be sure everything was Ok and looked allright!

Attached Images  
Old 01-07-2008, 03:31 AM
THOSED is on a distinguished road
Black is a great colour on a 996TT :-) Hope to see you (and your car) on a track this summer, keep up the good work!

Old 01-07-2008, 03:32 AM
Originally Posted by Triss
Midnight blue looks awesome on 996`s.
See https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...107170&page=12 for pics of mine or take the flight over to Gotland and come visit my garage.
Depending on the attention you want on the street, light colours is better on racecars (easier to see leaks etc) but will draw more attention from cops..

I agree, midnight blue is really nice!
But when you have some sponsors it is not really the best colour to put stickers on!

The Cops can´t keep up with me so I can´t see a problem with light colours..

/pete

Old 01-07-2008, 03:49 AM
GT3CS is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Puppan
The Cops can´t keep up with me so I can´t see a problem with light colours..
If thats the case I would choose orange! It suits the 997 look very well in my opinion, and make the sponsor stickers stand out.

Old 01-07-2008, 04:55 AM
We striped the doors from everything for the paintjob including crash bars and so on.
I´m not gioong with plastic or CF doors for the moment.. I meen you get really big problems using the drive-thru on Mcdonalds without power windows... :-)

Attached Images  

Last edited by Puppan; 01-07-2008 at 05:08 AM.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:05 AM
Originally Posted by GT3CS
If thats the case I would choose orange! It suits the 997 look very well in my opinion, and make the sponsor stickers stand out.

I agree again!
And I was close to chosing orange but I have a red dashboard so orange didn´t fit that good?!

My premium choice for the moment is white.. But I want some second opinions from you guys!

/Pete

Old 01-07-2008, 05:10 AM
After this we mounted the doors and hood, suddenly it started to look like a Porsche again!

Attached Images    
Old 01-07-2008, 05:15 AM
Porsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to behold
Good Luck with the build!

Keep us updated

Old 01-07-2008, 05:18 AM
We also tried the rear decklid.
The wingblade is not ready yet but you can be sure it will make some downforce..

Attached Images   

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rebuilding a Porsche 996 Turbo(cup)-03 to a street legal racecar..