996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Rebuilding a Porsche 996 Turbo(cup)-03 to a street legal racecar..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 01:47 AM
Puppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by z06801
That was awesome! Some beautiful sounds!!
Thanks!! :-)
The sound is almost like I jetfighter taking off when the Turbos start too spool!! haha :-)

Old 10-23-2017, 01:50 AM
Puppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jferrante
Not sure what is more ridiculous the grip or the acceleration. Nice video
Haha Thanks, yes its been a evolution in both speed in grip through the years!
Now its actually looks pretty fast in videos! :-)

Bye the way it was some excitement at around 4:30.... ;-)

/Pete

Last edited by Puppan; 10-23-2017 at 02:07 AM.
Old 10-23-2017, 01:51 AM
Originally Posted by pwdrhound
Lightning fast car and driver! Very cool. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks alot!! :-)

Old 10-23-2017, 01:58 AM
Here is the first episode of the TimeAttack championship in the higher classes in a lot of rain.. Obviously its in Swedish but some of you maybe think it could be some fun anyhow.. :-)

Old 10-23-2017, 11:02 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Puppan
If I remember correctly Im running about 245 front springs and 270 rear springs!
Pretty much exactly the same rates I'm running, 245F/263R, albeit on a heavier car. What did you get the car down to, roughly 1270Kg or so?

Old 10-24-2017, 12:37 AM
Originally Posted by pwdrhound
Pretty much exactly the same rates I'm running, 245F/263R, albeit on a heavier car. What did you get the car down to, roughly 1270Kg or so?
Very good guess and its pretty close to 1270kg dry weight..
This is way to heavy for a race-car to be really competitive. I would have to loose atleast 100KG more to feel comfortable, 200KG to be top notch.. But its really hard, not to say impossible on a old street car..

Thats why a retire the car from high level racing, its not 100% competitive anymore, its good enough for top 3 placement overall but not really winning, if competition is on its toes.. I won this years championship on reliability, not top speed! But its been pretty fast and competitive for 10 years so thats actually good enough! :-)

Im going to go back to enjoy the car on the streets and track events. To be honest how many GT3R-TT are there on the streets, not many and its some fun in that too!! :-)

Eventually I probably start from scratch and build a new lighter version! :-)

Old 10-24-2017, 10:58 AM
pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Puppan
Thanks!! :-)

I Use the GT2RS IC
The boxing of the air-intakes helped a bit but wasn't enough.
One reason could be that I also rebuilt the inner fenders to be able to fit my really large tires(31/71/18).. This affects the size of the air-tunnels in the fenders which probably are the reason behind the high IAT.
So to solve this for this year I also added Water/methanol injection which permanently solved the temperatures and brought it down to 35C maximum in a hot day.

If I remember correctly Im running about 245 front springs and 270 rear springs!
Tack för svaret! Those spring rates are bit too much for semislicks (ie for my car), but well in line with weight distribution.
How much water/methanol does your engine consume in 20' (or 10') run?

Old 10-25-2017, 01:56 AM
Originally Posted by pete95zhn
Tack för svaret! Those spring rates are bit too much for semislicks (ie for my car), but well in line with weight distribution.
How much water/methanol does your engine consume in 20' (or 10') run?

I was running around 180 front and 230 rear on semislicks earlier!

Not much around 0,5 liters i would guess! :-)

Old 02-21-2018, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by MariusL
Yeah, the Z06 on Hoosier was faster, but not with much - guess we was pretty close at the end of the day!

Running 1.1 bar, hybrid k24s, lwfw, upgraded clutch, airfilter, headers, titanium exhaust.. Intrax 4 way titanium suspension and the seq shifter as you noticed! Was on Pirelli Corsas (standard GT2 sizes). Really didnt have much traction first half of the day, but the second half was much better.. Had a look at the data from the day earlier today, my fastest lap was 1:04.97 with a theoretical best 1:03.68 so no doubt I can get my lap times down quite a bit!!

Have you been at Gelleråsen yet, Puppan? what times are you running there?

(Think the fastests cars at gatebil runs 1:01-1:02s, a 1:04 would put you in top 5 without trouble)

I knew I met you before!! ;-)
So funny 10 years later we met again and I'm buying your intrax and sqs shifter that you had when we met the first time! Take care mate and enjoy your new fantastic 991Gt2RS :-)