996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

EVO GT610 Kit Released

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 07:04 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
EVO GT610 Kit Released

Hey folks, whilst I was out at EVO in Jan I got to try/test their GT660 kit and GT610 kit (both based on the same Garrett turbos) and both designed to do away with the K24 as a notion of an upgrade The GT660 has been out for a few weeks and now so is the GT610 kit.

http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=172

Features:
-EVOMS / Garrett GT High Flow turbochargers w/ patented “quickspool” turbine housing
-EVOMS custom wastegates w/ CNC machined billet aluminum mounts
-EVOMS Machined oil line conversion adapters for turbochargers
-Denso spark plugs
-OEM gaskets and installation hardware
-OEM Bosch ME 7. 8 engine management system with EVOMS proprietary GT610 software calibration

Note:
HP Gain: 611 HP
TQ Gain: 603 TQ

For an easy-to-do bolt-on the responsivenes and power was certainly better than anything from a stock K16 or stock K24.

NOTE: I'd advise a clutch upgrade of some sort

Last edited by sharkster; 04-15-2008 at 12:38 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:20 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Does the kit need anything to increase the fuel flow? How are the AFR's?

Old 04-14-2008, 07:33 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
Does the kit need anything to increase the fuel flow? How are the AFR's?
hi 9Eleven, this is at the limit of the stock fuel system. No 5bar (I hate the way cars run with a 5bar imho) just a 3.8. To run the more aggressive mapping you need the fuel rails and injector upgrade (in the 660). AFR's are safe. I'll get a plot etc.. in the morning for you guys.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:45 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
what dont you like about cars with the 5bar ? i have it on my car and i love the way it runs.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by unvmym3
what dont you like about cars with the 5bar ? i have it on my car and i love the way it runs.
well it's a bit of a patch/band and if you see how things are at idle or low rpms for smog it's not the best

Old 04-14-2008, 07:53 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Sweet. The 660 is sweet, The 610 is a great starting point and alternative to other tuners start up kits.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Sweet. The 660 is sweet, The 610 is a great starting point and alternative to other tuners start up kits.
I'm with you man... and am glad it came out and at this price point. Both the 610 and 660 are a _much_ better alternative to any K24 based kit. Anyone that knows me that had a stage II got used to me saying "stay where you are and don't go to a stage IV etc..". It was a long way to the 700 so these two kits are great for folks with a stage II alread

Old 04-14-2008, 08:15 PM
USCTrojanMan29 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sharkster
Hey folks, whilst I was out at EVO in Jan I got to try/test their GT660 kit and GT610 kit (both based on the same Garrett turbos) and both designed to do away with the K24 as a notion of an upgrade The GT660 has been out for a few weeks and now so is the GT610 kit.

http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=172

Features:
-EVOMS / Garrett GT High Flow turbochargers w/ patented “quickspool” turbine housing
-EVOMS custom wastegates w/ CNC machined billet aluminum mounts
-EVOMS Machined oil line conversion adapters for turbochargers
-Denso spark plugs
-OEM gaskets and installation hardware
-OEM Bosch ME 7. 8 engine management system with EVOMS proprietary GT610 software calibration

Note:
HP Gain: 611 HP
TQ Gain: 603 TQ

For an easy-to-do bolt-on the responsivenes and power was certainly better than anything from a stock K16 or stock K24.

NOTE: I'd advise a clutch upgrade of some sort
Looks like a great kit, if I wouldn't have gotten a set of k16/k24 hybrids for a 1/3 of the price I'd be all over these...

Old 04-14-2008, 08:25 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Sharkey,

Sounds like another terrific kit, good luck with it!!

Marty K.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:50 PM
tlarocque has a spectacular aura abouttlarocque has a spectacular aura about
My car was the test mule for this kit here with Evo in Phoenix, AZ. Have had the kit on the car for about 2 months now and I cannot say enough about how pleased I am. So far absolutely no issues. The power is smooth and linear but definitely throws you back in your seat. When I first drove it home I was hitting it pretty hard and I noticed some lights flickering in the left lower side of my dash. I called Mike thinking something was wrong but was pleased to learn that it was just the traction control was kicking in... I was breaking loose in 2nd gear!

So far no issues with cooling. I'm in Phoenix and its warming up so we'll see if that needs to be addressed. I'm also riding on the stock clutch right now and, again, so far its doing fine. I'll be at the track with the car this weekend so we'll see how it holds up.

The guys at Evo have been great to me and I'm sure that the Shark crew treats their customers equally well. I would highly recommend this kit, especially to those with K-16s that are looking to go beyond Stage 2. I have a couple other mods in store but I'm sure I'll be moving up to the GT-660 in time. Nice to know its a relatively simple upgrade and I already have most of the hardware I need.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:17 AM
evo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the rough
i remember when i thought 600 was alot in my evo years back lol and now im trying to get 600 out of my daily

Old 04-15-2008, 09:27 AM
Freier is infamous around these parts
great update, thanks Alex! We'll have to chat

Old 04-15-2008, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Sharkey,

Sounds like another terrific kit, good luck with it!!

Marty K.
I was really impressed and am looking forward to it... Honestly felt a lot like the GT640 kit of all only quicker spool and with the Hitachi MAF... well the tuning is a lot different than four years ago

Old 04-15-2008, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by Freier
great update, thanks Alex! We'll have to chat
Hey Freier sounds like a plan:P There should be a few 660s running around the bay (already two plus one more by next week) shortly....

Old 04-15-2008, 11:50 AM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
I'm new to 996 tts so please excuse my ignorance. What is the safe limit of the stock internals of these engines? Is your 660 kit running with the stock internals or is a rebuild required? Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EVO GT610 Kit Released