996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Hey Guys!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 03:05 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 will become famous soon enoughHamann7 will become famous soon enough
Hey Guys!!!

Well I've tried to reply to some of these threads but the site is not letting me.

However, interestingly enough I am able to post a new topic.

I am so glad that the crew from the other board is here. Much more exciting topics on the board than many of the others.

So as some of you know, I was supposed to take delivery of a GT3. Then one day I got this offer that I couldn't refuse from my friend Wilber to buy his car, which is supposedly one of the fastest 996TT around.

As CJV mentioned, my car will be in the shootout to represent the efforts of Protomotive, IMEC, PowerChip, and Wilber.

I am looking forward to see how my car compares to the EVO Stage 5, Ruf R Turbo, etc. Anyway, good to be here and look forward to throwing in my coins.

If only I could post...

Old 09-01-2003, 03:15 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Hamann,

Have you checked with Ryan as to why you are having this posting problem?

As for the little contest, just waiting for an answer from Asgar and Ruf and waiting for EVOMS to tell me when a Stage V will be ready. PorschePHd may even join us, I have offered to give him a date which would allow for some extra time. Dave Colman has lined up some tentative dates with the facilities in anticipation.

Last edited by cjv; 09-01-2003 at 03:18 PM.
Old 09-01-2003, 03:25 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
I may have to fly out there for this.

Old 09-01-2003, 05:44 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
I plan on flying the "cjv/ s car go" to the contest too!

Old 09-01-2003, 08:25 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Hamman good to have you here! Post some pics of your new TT

Old 09-01-2003, 08:26 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
This should be a 50 state get together for 6speed? Anyone here know a good travel agent

Old 09-01-2003, 09:13 PM
MWEELS is on a distinguished road
More Details

Whats up Hamman7. You want to tell us more about this shoot out??

MWEELS

Old 09-01-2003, 09:25 PM
Chris Y. is on a distinguished road
Hey Tyson...

Glad to see you here!

Where is Dave planning to conduct the shootout? I'd be interested in flying over too...I'll be representing the 50th state...Hawaii!

Old 09-02-2003, 12:42 AM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Chad,

I'm looking forward to this shootout. Please post info on date and time as soon as it's known.

Jro996 and DPBlessing, if you guys are planning on going to this event perhaps we could caravan up? If anyone else is interested we should form a little group!

Old 09-02-2003, 09:18 AM
JamE55 is on a distinguished road
Hey Tyson

I'm interested in observing. Let me know when and where in advance. Oh and can you also post pics of Wilburs car. Just want to see it again.

Old 09-02-2003, 09:21 AM
PN-
PN- is on a distinguished road
Hey Hamann,

Pics of your promotive pls.................

Old 09-02-2003, 11:01 AM
Parker is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Darren911
This should be a 50 state get together for 6speed? Anyone here know a good travel agent
No doubt. Count me in

Old 09-02-2003, 03:23 PM
JASCLASS will become famous soon enoughJASCLASS will become famous soon enough
Hamann, Glad to see you on board.

Old 09-02-2003, 09:38 PM
cjv
The shootout is being conducted by Dave Colman a writer for Excellence Magazine. It is my understanding Michelin is providing Pilot Sport Cups for the participating cars.

It is my understanding there will be a combined five to six super 996 turbos and GT2's. The known cars participating are:

1) Hamann's 700+ HP Protomotive
2) Todd's 700+ HP Stage V EVOMS
3) Techart 650 HP GTstreet S
4) cjv's 800+ HP S Car Go Racing
5) Possible (yet unconfirmed) Ruf
6) ???????

The event will take place sometime between the last week of September and the second week of November.

It will consist of:

1) A timed lap at the Thunder Hill track near Sacramento, CA.
2) Some timed quater mile runs at Sacramento drag strip.
3) A dyno run at RPM Dyno and Tuning in Petaluma, CA.

One driver will run all cars for consistency.

Last edited by cjv; 09-02-2003 at 09:40 PM.
Old 09-02-2003, 09:53 PM
msindi is on a distinguished road
Chad - isnt the GT Street S based on a GT2?? How is that a fiar comparison without AWD (and a different starting platform)??
Also, it seems that all of Techart's 600+ HP cars are RWD (yes - they disconnect the AWD on the TTs too!!)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hey Guys!!!