996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Need EVOMS GT2 Clutch Conversion Instructions...Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 12:22 PM
jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !
Need EVOMS GT2 Clutch Conversion Instructions...Help

This is the hydraulic accumulator delete kit.
Got my Evoms kit today....Hooray! except, no instructions. D*mn.
Called Evoms, the receptionist tried to connect me with anybody, but in the end, agreed that they may have to update their website to delete the phrase "....detailed instuctions included..."
Anybody have the instructions that they could post up as I was hoping to do this while home during the holiday break.
-Jeff

Last edited by jjbravo; 01-01-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:24 PM
luva966tt will become famous soon enoughluva966tt will become famous soon enough
Im in the market for a new clutch for my car and the one you picked was right up their on top. I would even try to install it myself but please post your thoughts on it when you have them installed.

Old 12-31-2008, 03:38 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
EVOMS must provide you with info otherwise the kit is lame.

MK

Old 12-31-2008, 08:10 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
My mechanic did it. I got the parts from Stephen at IA...he knows how to do it. I'd email/contact the people at EVOMS and ask for the instructions.....It was 6 hours...plus fluids. 4 hours plus fluids plus 2 hours of leak fixing/finding.....he would have been faster if I was not the first one to do it in his history......

JB

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 01-02-2009 at 10:03 PM.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:29 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
If you get instructions, can you scan them and send them to me? I am about to remove the tranny in my car to assess the issue I'm having with clutch pedal engagement and plan to do this upgrade while I'm in there...

Mike

Old 01-01-2009, 06:39 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
I just emailed my mechanic to type a short howto with the gotchas we ran into. If he does it, I'll post. I promised him a six pack. Any thankful parties, if it comes, can PM me and I'll give you his address via PM (shop) and you can send him notes, etc.

It is a holiday, so give it a day or two please.

He's a good guy, so it will probably happen.

Jeff

Old 01-01-2009, 07:05 AM
jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !
Memphis, you may be a hero!
My dog chewed up the cap to my motive bleeder, so I ordered one and time is not that critical anymore.
Looks like I may owe you a six.
-jjb

Old 01-01-2009, 07:08 AM
Originally Posted by Mikelly
If you get instructions, can you scan them and send them to me? I am about to remove the tranny in my car to assess the issue I'm having with clutch pedal engagement and plan to do this upgrade while I'm in there...

Mike
Absloutely and will-do.
-jeff

Old 01-02-2009, 10:26 AM
I received a zipped mega file on the install. Looks good.
I guess the instructions were being updated and they just had a bit of an oversight.
I'm preping for Porsche surgery.....
-jb

Old 01-02-2009, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by jjbravo
I received a zipped mega file on the install. Looks good.
I guess the instructions were being updated and they just had a bit of an oversight.
I'm preping for Porsche surgery.....
-jb
Please email it. I'll forward/post it.

See your PM's.

Jeff

Old 01-02-2009, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
Please email it. I'll forward/post it.

See your PM's.

Jeff

Forwarded.
Thanks JCB.
jjb

Old 01-02-2009, 02:51 PM
Here it is guys!

Attached (doc) files. I have permission from John Bray at EVO to post this per an email today. I have found the improvement to be tremendous and recommend this.

Gotchas that we (the indy) had:

1. Make sure you have all of the plugs...
2. Leaks happen. Drive. Check. Drive. Check. Drive check.
3. If you think you are done. Drive. And check.

I use a lot of vendors' things (UMW, EVO/IA now with this, Vivid/JIC/H&R/Agency, Switzer, TechArt, Pioneer, Cocomats).

We are very lucky to have so much talent in our market. If you like to shift with precision, this is a wonderful thing to install. As you can see, it is involved (say shop hours). .

Attached Files
File Type: doc
INTRO.doc (539.5 KB, 1036 views)
File Type: doc
PLUG LOCATION.doc (414.5 KB, 837 views)

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 01-02-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:32 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Thanks Guys!! I plan to buy the kit from EVOMS, since I can't just buy the adapter.

Mike

Old 01-02-2009, 08:05 PM
contigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant future
Cost of the kit ??? In actual driving what are the differences please

Old 01-02-2009, 08:08 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
What is the advantage of this kit over stock?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need EVOMS GT2 Clutch Conversion Instructions...Help