996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Titan K24/18G - 712rwhp @ 1.48 bar

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 07:51 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
No problem. Was just curious if you guys could get those 1000cc injectors to run good on the street, on pump. I drive my car a lot and don't wanna waste money on race gas, hence maximizing the 18G's on pump with the Meth.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:55 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tom kerr
Wes that's great to show how much a hybrid k-24 could possibly do but really you dont want to run that kind of boost and hp with stock internals very much do you?

I run my car on race gas at the track and keep the boost at 1.0bar. have an enduro and two sprint races and if I ran that kinda boost wouldnt last the weekend!!

congrats on demonstrating the potential of the car and your mad skills!!
On race gas I have no worries, keep in mind by adding the Motec we are no longer fighting a maf sensor that is maxed, at the same time we are able to add aditional inputs ( such as a fuel pressure sensor), and we can trigger warning lights. Keep in mind were running bigger injectors, an extra pump, larger ic'S and piping to allow the setup to run much more efficiently, if anything the car can run safer, and we've got real time data logging anytime the car is running. This way when goes south you have data to confirm or prevent the engine from following.

Would we run it in this configuration at Sebring no, but imagine having the ability to run the whole track at your current power level,when you hit the big straights the car will run max power trigger by a beacon, track map, or even gear selection. The possibilities are endless as are the controls.

Old 05-05-2009, 08:02 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost
No problem. Was just curious if you guys could get those 1000cc injectors to run good on the street, on pump. I drive my car a lot and don't wanna waste money on race gas, hence maximizing the 18G's on pump with the Meth.
The 1000cc can be tuned to run fine on the street, they give you a huge tuning window, I don't think I'll worry about fuel for a while and our injector duty cycle confirms it. If this cat where a daily I'd be more worried about pump, but for our use race gas is cheap insurance. If you look at the rod failures in the past on this forum, the vast majority where running too much boost on pump. Your setup is benefiting from the meth as well which is leaps and bounds from trying to run big power on straight 91 or 93 like most.

Old 05-05-2009, 08:13 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Sick!!!!!!!
Congrats
Robert

Old 05-05-2009, 08:27 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Do you guys ever do any E85 tunes? And do you think that would be enough injector to run this car on E85?

Old 05-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by germeezy1
Do you guys ever do any E85 tunes? And do you think that would be enough injector to run this car on E85?
on supras we have, however we only have 1 station in town with it and it's 25 miles away. For a while we where stockpiling it in 5 gallon jugs but the station caught on and put a stop to it. Chris greens setup is very similar and I believe at a similar power level he was running out of injector. On C16 at 3.8 presure we still have a ways to go.

Old 05-05-2009, 08:41 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Good job guys! Nice to see another 996 out there showing some good numbers on a stock motor. Good luck down south.

Old 05-05-2009, 08:43 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Absolutely phenomenal #'s, Wes. Great job!

Old 05-05-2009, 08:48 PM
MSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud ofMSCaymanS has much to be proud of
Hey Wes, do you think I should get injectors with the k24 kit? If so what else would I need to run for it to really make a difference. Would it only really make a difference with race gas?

Oh yeah those are some sweet numbers!!!

Last edited by MSCaymanS; 05-05-2009 at 08:56 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:54 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Ridiculous HP! Congratulations Wes.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:01 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Excellent HP and great work. I'd like to see the RPM and the torque curve also.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Good job guys! Nice to see another 996 out there showing some good numbers on a stock motor. Good luck down south.
Thanks jamie, if it weren't for your GT2 and the Sledgehammer I'd be a bit more worried about the power, now I think were just scratching the surface, ready to push things a bit further.

I'm hoping that 140mph traps are in store, it's in Neros hands now. Considering this is the fastest car since his lane swapping ride in JPs car a few years back in Texas, should be interesting!

Old 05-05-2009, 09:05 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Did the Sledgehammer ever sell? What ever happened to DKAlum? That car was ridiculous.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:06 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by MSCaymanS
Hey Wes, do you think I should get injectors with the k24 kit? If so what else would I need to run for it to really make a difference. Would it only really make a difference with race gas?

Oh yeah those are some sweet numbers!!!
For pump gas the majority of the time and conservative boost you'll be fine with stock injectors and 5bar FPR. The injectors really come into play at the higher boost levels where race gas or meth injection is a wise move.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by art4iza
Excellent HP and great work. I'd like to see the RPM and the torque curve also.
It's habbit on the supras to do it via speed. I just ran out of time before closing up shop today to make another pull. The car was supposed to go on the boat today, however we got another day at the lay minute so hopefully we can hit the 1320 for a test tomorrow. When the car gets back I'll get some more data, I'm really looking forward to a back to back mustang v 248 run in our new shop.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Titan K24/18G - 712rwhp @ 1.48 bar