996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Titan K24/18G - 712rwhp @ 1.48 bar

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 09:32 PM
_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future
Congrats Wes, y'alls car is really pushing the envelope and in the end that's good for everyone.

Especially us..

Old 05-05-2009, 09:48 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
what's expected longevity of this engine on the track?

30 min flogging sessions. 95 degree heat?

anyone have a tune like this and run at the track frequently?

Old 05-05-2009, 10:37 PM
raudi is on a distinguished road
Man I need to get one of these cars and drop it off with Tony @ EPL.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:17 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
That is a MAJOR achievement on a stock engine. Congrats guys!

Maybe I'm assuming too much and opening my mouth about stuff I don't know. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I would not track a car with that setup on high boost. It seems drag racing is what the are trying to do which I can totally see.

Keep in mind this is not a street car IMO. Straight pipes and C16.

Originally Posted by oak

Last edited by Turbo Fanatic; 05-05-2009 at 11:29 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:09 AM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Wow insane numbers for the little ole non-garrett 24/18!

Old 05-06-2009, 03:56 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by oak

Hard to say without trying it out. I will say that the car was on the dyno a good portion of the day with very limited cool down. This particular run was made on the forth or fifth consecutive pass without shutting the engine down, just stopping to make small changes and pull again with just the normal blower fans on the ic and radiators . Had we stopped to ice it down or let things cool it would likely be making more power.

This paeticular tuneup is more for the dragstrip, however on the track I doubt it would be anywhere near max output for extended periods as a result of grip. it's Definately something i'm interested in finding out but will have to wait a few months for the car to get back from PR to find out. We got this car with 65k miles on the clock, and since we've had the car we have beat on it. Weve used MS109 since day 1, and C16 most recently which has likely helped keep the engine happy as much as anything. Do I think it will last 100k miles absolutely not, but the only way to find the limit is to exceed it which is something we expect to do. I'd much rather it be our engine than a customers and it will give us good reason to speed up our engine developement.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:36 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by onelove
On race gas I have no worries, keep in mind by adding the Motec we are no longer fighting a maf sensor that is maxed, at the same time we are able to add aditional inputs ( such as a fuel pressure sensor), and we can trigger warning lights. Keep in mind were running bigger injectors, an extra pump, larger ic'S and piping to allow the setup to run much more efficiently, if anything the car can run safer, and we've got real time data logging anytime the car is running. This way when goes south you have data to confirm or prevent the engine from following.

Would we run it in this configuration at Sebring no, but imagine having the ability to run the whole track at your current power level,when you hit the big straights the car will run max power trigger by a beacon, track map, or even gear selection. The possibilities are endless as are the controls.
hummm may need to pay you guys a visit!!

Old 05-06-2009, 08:09 AM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Nice to see you guys diving into development on these cars, if you do half of what you did for the Supras with these cars we will be happy owners for sure! It will be very interesting to see where you find the limits to be, hopefully a bit higher than most think!

Can anyone speak more to this 15% throttle cut - what was going on there and is this normally pulled out of tunes when the OEM computer is flashed? I have seen a drop off at the end of some dynos, including on the car I'm picking up, and it would be interesting to know if this throttle cut might also be coming into play for others.

Also, any chance you guys can document what you've done with the Motec more? I've always dismised them due to cost but if something reasonable was sourced I'll bet many folks would be interested. Any chance the OEM computer would still spit out valid codes for a plug-in emissions test?

Keep the information coming, it's greatly appreciated and I for one look forward to your parts development program!

Old 05-06-2009, 08:14 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Stunning, keep up the nice work.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:26 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Setup :
Stock Engine, never been opened up, 66k miles
-K24/18G
-Second Bosch 044 inline in Fuel Filter spot
-Motec M800 / EPL Motronic ECU
-Tial BOV
-Titan Motorsports Intake Fenderwell intakes
Awesome results Wes! I'm interested in hearing more about why you chose TIAL BOV's vs commonly used DV's and also more about your Titan Intakes.

Once again Congrats!

Old 05-06-2009, 08:35 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BLKMGK
Nice to see you guys diving into development on these cars, if you do half of what you did for the Supras with these cars we will be happy owners for sure! It will be very interesting to see where you find the limits to be, hopefully a bit higher than most think!

Can anyone speak more to this 15% throttle cut - what was going on there and is this normally pulled out of tunes when the OEM computer is flashed? I have seen a drop off at the end of some dynos, including on the car I'm picking up, and it would be interesting to know if this throttle cut might also be coming into play for others.

Also, any chance you guys can document what you've done with the Motec more? I've always dismised them due to cost but if something reasonable was sourced I'll bet many folks would be interested. Any chance the OEM computer would still spit out valid codes for a plug-in emissions test?

Keep the information coming, it's greatly appreciated and I for one look forward to your parts development program!
We are still using the factory ECU to control drive-by-wire. The factory ECU sees a certain boost level being held for an extended period of time, and assumes an overboost, and closes the throttle blade 15%. This is a fail safe in the factory ECU that the Tony leaves in the ECU as a fail safe. Some other tuners remove this, and should a problem arise an overboost on bad gas could be even worse.

The Motec integration is still a work in progress but we're making huge headways and the car runs and drives great. We had a jumper harness made so that the ECU is wired directly into the jumper harness, allowing it to be removed at any time. On this particular integration we removed the Maf senesor and converted the car over to speeed denisity with custom intake pipes to remove any restrictions. At the same time we also added a MAP sensor and Fuel pressure sensor to the engine bay. The factory ECU is still used to control the car itself, however the Motec has taken over all engine capabilities with the exception of drive-by-wire (which would be done but we chose not to on this particular application). Darin did the majority of the setup and install, so if you have any in depth setup or tuning questions email me and I will forward it to him to get some answers for you. I try my best to understand the technical aspects of the project, however the ECU / wiring / tuning is beyond my realm. We went with the M800 because of hte extra outputs available.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:04 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by str8blst
Awesome results Wes! I'm interested in hearing more about why you chose TIAL BOV's vs commonly used DV's and also more about your Titan Intakes.

Once again Congrats!
We removed the DV's and went to a BOV to keep the setup simple, with speed density recirculating back into the intake wasn't a necessity which allows us to remove the DV setup which is a bit more complicated and unnecessary.

The intakes are something we made here in house, they are similar to what others have done that allow the filters to be relocated to the fender wells.

http://blog.titanmotorsports.com/?p=701

Old 05-06-2009, 09:52 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
The intakes are something we made here in house, they are similar to what others have done that allow the filters to be relocated to the fender wells.

http://blog.titanmotorsports.com/?p=701

Thanks for the info Wes. Any chance you guys be offering the piping kit to the public?

I also noticed you did not change the OEM Y-pipe. I take it you do not see this piece as a major restriction?

Are you using stock size TB and intake Plenum or have these been upgraded as well?

Lastly do you think this is about as far as K24/18G's can be pushed before going to a bigger turbo?

TIA!

Old 05-06-2009, 10:20 AM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
very impressive wes! i've been trying to hold out on the upgrade but you are making it very difficult!!!

Old 05-06-2009, 10:25 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by str8blst
Thanks for the info Wes. Any chance you guys be offering the piping kit to the public?

I also noticed you did not change the OEM Y-pipe. I take it you do not see this piece as a major restriction?

Are you using stock size TB and intake Plenum or have these been upgraded as well?

Lastly do you think this is about as far as K24/18G's can be pushed before going to a bigger turbo?

TIA!
We may offer the piping kit in the future, it's a very tight fit and difficult to reproduce off the car. Also keep in mind on a standard car with a MAF, you would need to recirculate and tune for this accordingly. Not an easy modification.

Still stock Intake and Throttle body. At this time we didn't want to make all intercooler pipes over, so we left the stock Y-Pipe in place and just mounted the BOV directly to it. So far it doesn't appear to be that much of a restriction so we'll probably leave it as is for the time being.

I think we still have a bit more power we can squeak out of the setup with a bit more aggressive tune, cooler inlet temperatures (weather), and possibly some more boost. We may put a small shot of nitrous into the setup in the future as well but we want to make the most out of our current setup first.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Titan K24/18G - 712rwhp @ 1.48 bar