996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Protomotive PE700

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 09:16 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Great Set up if i dont say so myself. I love my Proto package and a better man could not have done it.
Let hear what you think after you have driven it for a bit.
Me I love mine every minute of the time i sit behind the wheel.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:38 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
What other mods to your transmission are you doing? Are you upgrading your torque converter too? If not, I suggest you do. Good luck.
Hi Blackhorse. Have indeed read about the problems with your box after the mods. I have specifically quizzed Todd Knighton about this as I was ready to get the Evoms upgraded torque converter but he had said that he has installed quite a few PE700s on tips with no problems to the box. As such, the only change I did was the external cooler. I am still considering the Evoms TC though based on the experience that you have had. Also investigated the 9ff option which unfortunately is prohibitively expensive and I worry a bit about their turn around time. Have also explored a number of other options as researched exhaustively previously by Craig on his ex tip but most have lead to dead ends except for the 9ff option unfortunately. Am still considering my options here and will keep you posted.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:43 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PALETTE
Great Set up if i dont say so myself. I love my Proto package and a better man could not have done it.
Let hear what you think after you have driven it for a bit.
Me I love mine every minute of the time i sit behind the wheel.
You are making me salivate all the more! Cant wait but unfortunately still have to run the engine in after the mods are on before I can test the full potential and this will take some time as its only a weekend car... Will give me time to figure out what to do about the gearbox though I guess...

How long have you had the set up and are we running similar stuff? Would love to hear your experiences thus far!

Old 05-08-2009, 11:21 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Great to see the pics of your project. Best of luck.

I visited Singapore in 1970 and was greatly impressed how clean it was.

Old 05-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by landjet
Great to see the pics of your project. Best of luck.

I visited Singapore in 1970 and was greatly impressed how clean it was.
Thanks very much landjet, I am very hopeful and excited about the potential gains to be had from the PE700.. Yup Singapore is still as sterile now as it was in '70.. just more built up.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:55 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
I did the K24/20's with the Proto Intake, Injectors, Large T/body, Plenum, Blow off valves, and the carbon triple clutch. Lets put it this way... HOLY SH_T!!! i had the 24/18 last year and it was fast now it feels just as fast at 1.1 as it did at 1.3 you are going to have a weapon my friend!! Enjoy it!! I love mine every day!!