996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Protomotive PE700

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 09:19 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Protomotive PE700

Well, this has been a long time coming. Bought the kit some 8 months ago from Todd, and have gradually been getting the engine and the rest of the car up to scratch before getting the kit put on the car.

This I believe is the very first PE700 being installed in Singapore... in fact it may just be the very first ever Protomotive kit being installed in Singapore ever! As such it has been a massive learning lesson for my mechanic. Indeed it is also the first 996TT he has ever worked on hence the length of time the project has taken. But he is meticulous and Todd has been an invaluable resource of knowledge and experience for my mechanics (Andy and Wong at Espace).

I thought I might share some pictures of the on going project which we hope to have done up soon(ish). There are also some pics of the 997GT3 Asia cup championship winning car that they support here in Singapore... hope you all enjoy...

Old 05-07-2009, 09:22 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
The tip box external cooler with hand fabricated oil lines coming out of the cooler and the lines routing through the gearbox...

Attached Images      
Old 05-07-2009, 09:26 AM
The K24/18s as provided by Todd at Protomotive...

Attached Images    

Last edited by Harold; 05-07-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:30 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Good choice Harold! You will love the setup. Please let us know what you think after it is complete and you have driven it a bit.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:33 AM
Todd's bad *** intercoolers...

Attached Images   
Old 05-07-2009, 09:37 AM
Fuel system being installed... but no tie wraps here... we are doing a nice bit of metal bending 101 to create a factory finish look to the mount...

Attached Images   
Old 05-07-2009, 09:40 AM
The Cargraphic exhaust, also has the Cargraphic manifolds and race cats... this exhaust is wonderful if you don't want resonance in a tip....

Attached Images  
Old 05-07-2009, 09:44 AM
Todd's answer to ensuring zero failure on MAFs... unfortunately this necessitates the removal of the original airbox as it takes up the entire engine space previously occupied by the air intake, though this is no big deal as the air filters are now located above the intercoolers... will post pics of the new intercooler/air intake set up once installed...

Attached Images  
Old 05-07-2009, 09:48 AM
Boost control courtesy of G Reddy....

Attached Images  
Old 05-07-2009, 09:52 AM
And the Asia Cup champs new ride for the 2009 season being prepped at the workshop.... and yup thats my TT up on the hoist.... where it has been for the better part of 7 months now...

This cup car sounds utterly amazing when fired up....

Attached Images   
Old 05-07-2009, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by Gunther
Good choice Harold! You will love the setup. Please let us know what you think after it is complete and you have driven it a bit.
Thank you very much for the words of encouragement Gunther. This is my first attempt at getting this car into a more "serious" state and is no where near where many of your cars are. But whilst it has been a long journey (and pretty expensive as the engine and many many other parts were overhauled before installing Todd's kit), I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel... I think... and I sure am getting excited. Problem is that I will still need to run the car in before feeling the full power that the PE700 can offer...

Old 05-07-2009, 02:28 PM
Banned
j.mitchell70 is infamous around these parts
Awesome! I want to go with the same kit some day soon. Until then I'll live vicariously through your project. Can't wait to hear how you like the additional power.

Old 05-07-2009, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by j.mitchell70
Awesome! I want to go with the same kit some day soon. Until then I'll live vicariously through your project. Can't wait to hear how you like the additional power.
Thanks very much, yes am getting very excited with anticipation. Its such a complete kit and I feel very comfortable knowing Protomotive is behind it 100%. Will be keeping my fingers crossed that I get it back soon . Am not going for massive power, just hoping for enough to keep me ahead of those pesky 997TTs on the straights at Sepang race track and reliability...

Old 05-07-2009, 05:37 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
What other mods to your transmission are you doing? Are you upgrading your torque converter too? If not, I suggest you do. Good luck.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:06 PM
vbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant future
+1..Highly recommended.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Protomotive PE700