996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

any experience with this techart replica wing?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
Upping the thread...

Seems to be this part people have talked previously: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...item20ada1bc2c

So it's basically a Techart GT Street rear lid and wing replica for $1199. Feedback doesn't look that great.

I am a avid defender of genuine parts always and I have a full original Techart kit on the car.

However, as at least the original Techart GTS rear wing provides more downforce than the GT2 wing, and is more subtle than the more racier Cup/RSR wing alternatives, I am interested if anyone else has any experience with this Taiwanese replica part? Still poor quality as yllwturbo had? I would not touch myself, but asking for friends...

Also keep in mind that whatever you do you need a new front to keep the balance correct - which leads me to a comment that doesn't the Techart GTS front spoiler needs a change of radiator position for optimal downforce and cooling just like with the GT2 front!? See Techart parts catalog, they state so. Yet I NEVER read people doing the mod! If you are tracking etc. that is vital and should not be overlooked...unless you are about blingbling street cruizin'...

EDIT: I did not notice that the genuine part goes for $2999 so no need for replicas guys, http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=91

Last edited by Kaizu; 04-04-2010 at 03:21 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:28 PM
Former Vendor
MishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond repute
You definitely want to keep it balanced if you are taking it to the track and putting it to use.