996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New Adjustable Clutch Stop by RSS

Old 08-26-2009, 06:07 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by buzzm
where do i find these wires ?
On the back of the switch?

Old 08-26-2009, 06:14 PM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
great answer

would you be so kind as to enlighten me as to the whereabots of the switch, is it easy to access ?

Old 08-26-2009, 06:17 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
great answer

would you be so kind as to enlighten me as to the whereabots of the switch, is it easy to access ?

OK, take your helmet off, bend down and look under your clutch pedal and see if you can see it.

Seriously...not sure if it is inside or out, but as I recall it should be inside up by the top of the pedal towards the pivot?

Old 08-26-2009, 06:26 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
so i installed mine today, i am not able to start the car with it installed, i need to depress my clutch right to the floor in order to start the car

(i did not read the initial post carefully, i am still running a stock clutch so this mod will not work for me unfortunately)
Sorry for the confusion Stephen, we will be happy to refund your purchase.
Again, this is only designed for those who have upgraded from the OEM clutch and need to limit the travel of their hydraulic clutch such as a Tilton or other brand.

Last edited by Sales@RSS; 08-27-2009 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Just to make clear again - Clutch stop not designed for OE clutch
Old 08-26-2009, 06:35 PM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
its not exactly the easiest place to stick your head ! towards the top of the pedal there is a small gray plastic block approx 1'' x 1/2'' with 2 brown wires attached to it, looks like there is also a black plunger type switch attached to it as well, the plunger part sits in front of the clutch pedal

does this sound like it, do i just connect the 2 brown wires together and thats it ?

Old 08-26-2009, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by RSSbryan
Sorry for the confusion Stephen, if you don't have any luck with adjusting the clutch neutral safety switch, we will be happy to refund your purchase. Again, this is designed for those who have upgraded from the OEM clutch and need to limit the travel of their hydraulic clutch. However, since the throw on the OEM 996 TT is quite long, this still may work for you - contact us for direct assistance.
thank you, its totally my fault for not reading your intial post carefully enough, i would like to disable the switch so can use the stop as it is an excellent mod, i had one on my m3 and it was money very well spent and greatly improved the driving experience

thank you for your incredibly quick responses to my pm's

fyi. i am very impressed with the stop, it is incredibly well made, almost seems a shame to hide it !

Last edited by buzzm; 08-26-2009 at 06:44 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:42 PM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
its not exactly the easiest place to stick your head ! towards the top of the pedal there is a small gray plastic block approx 1'' x 1/2'' with 2 brown wires attached to it, looks like there is also a black plunger type switch attached to it as well, the plunger part sits in front of the clutch pedal

does this sound like it, do i just connect the 2 brown wires together and thats it ?
Sounds right to me. When your down there press the clutch pedal and you will hear the switch make a clicking noise. Let me know how it works as I might pick up one of these too! My clutch engages very high

Old 08-26-2009, 06:49 PM

yeah, I know. I don't fit under mine either. I don't have my car here, but I think it is those wires...as Don said, push the pedal in and listen for the click as you watch what it hits...

Old 08-26-2009, 06:59 PM
we have a winner ! just connected them, car starts without having to touch the clutch at all, if you stick your head in the foot well and look up there are 2 brown wires right next to each other connected to a light gray plastic block, they need to be connected to each other in order to bypass the switch

i'll be installing my clutch stop shortly

to clarify, the clutch stop can also be used with the stock oem clutch as long as you bypass the clutch switch as described above

Old 08-26-2009, 07:20 PM
we have a winner ! just connected them, car starts without having to touch the clutch at all, if you stick your head in the foot well and look up there are 2 brown wires right next to each other connected to a light gray plastic block, they need to be connected to each other in order to bypass the switch

i'll be installing my clutch stop shortly

to clarify, the clutch stop can also be used with the stock oem clutch as long as you bypass the clutch switch as described above

Congrats!!! Amazing what you can do, if you just do it!!! Let us know how you like the clutch stop.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:33 PM
with a little information and the ***** to mess with the mechanical love of my life it has worked out well

i'll be installing the stop tomorrow afternoon, then i'll report back with pics of the the install and the clutch switch bypass

Old 08-26-2009, 07:36 PM
with a little information and the ***** to mess with the mechanical love of my life it has worked out well

i'll be installing the stop tomorrow afternoon, then i'll report back with pics of the the install and the clutch switch bypass

Tomorrow afternoon!!! You were just under there???!!!! Why didn't you bring it with you???

Old 08-26-2009, 07:47 PM
my camera is at work, i already installed white guage faces tonight so i think thats enough for one day

Old 08-26-2009, 07:57 PM
lbmw is on a distinguished road
pm me for price shipped to 60062

Old 08-26-2009, 09:51 PM
phillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to behold
I'll take a pm'd price as well.
Shipping to 49341

thanks.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Adjustable Clutch Stop by RSS