996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New Adjustable Clutch Stop by RSS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 09:10 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Bryan - PM Me pricing as well, would love to put one in our Tilton equipped car.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:32 PM
madduc is a jewel in the roughmadduc is a jewel in the roughmadduc is a jewel in the rough
Do you think that you might expand into other cars as well??

Old 10-22-2009, 09:24 AM
tvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

I just wanted to post a brief review of this product after using it for a few weeks.

1) Bryan got this out the door fast and inexpensively.

2) Unit is well made, it locks down very securely around the clutch pedal. Nice machine work and it all feels "quality".

3) To disable the clutch start switch,I used an wire with two male lugs crimped on it, and just plugged the factory male plugs into it, a bit of electrical tape to keep it secure and easily reversible. About 10 minutes total work.

4) I replaced the silver adjustment bolt/ nuts with a black pan head set, from the local hardware store, just cause.

5) It took several adjustments to the level to get it right where i wanted it, both up and down the pedal and the length of the stop bolt.

So after living with this stop installed, I have to say I really like it. It is nice in both stop-n-go and when you want to shift quickly.

While I have no evidence for it, I really believe that this unit cuts a few tenths of a second off of each shift. When you are in "race" mode and the adrenaline is pumping, I would always put the clutch pedal on the floor each shift, when really all it needed was about 2 inches of travel. This prevents the extra stroke and return, saving time.

Summary: Nice product, worthwhile mod indeed!

Tom

Last edited by tvurt; 10-22-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:46 AM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by beantowntechy
can you pm me for a price as well, please? thank you.
Originally Posted by onelove
Bryan - PM Me pricing as well, would love to put one in our Tilton equipped car.
PMs Sent, thanks guys - this product will go up in the classified sections today as well... https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...utch-stop.html

Originally Posted by madduc
Do you think that you might expand into other cars as well??
Currently the RSS Clutchstop is only designed for specific use on Porsche Automobiles. However, feel free to contact me with your application as I may be able to manufacture something just for you. Thanks, Bryan.

Last edited by Sales@RSS; 10-22-2009 at 10:22 PM. Reason: add link
Old 10-22-2009, 11:25 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by tvurt
I just wanted to post a brief review of this product after using it for a few weeks.

1) Bryan got this out the door fast and inexpensively.

2) Unit is well made, it locks down very securely around the clutch pedal. Nice machine work and it all feels "quality".

3) To disable the clutch start switch,I used an wire with two female lugs crimped on it, and just plugged the factory male plugs into it, a bit of electrical tape to keep it secure and easily reversible. About 10 minutes total work.

4) I replaced the silver adjustment bolt/ nuts with a black pan head set, from the local hardware store, just cause.

5) It took several adjustments to the level to get it right where i wanted it, both up and down the pedal and the length of the stop bolt.

So after living with this stop installed, I have to say I really like it. It is nice in both stop-n-go and when you want to shift quickly.

While I have no evidence for it, I really believe that this unit cuts a few tenths of a second off of each shift. When you are in "race" mode and the adrenaline is pumping, I would always put the clutch pedal on the floor each shift, when really all it needed was about 2 inches of travel. This prevents the extra stroke and return, saving time.

Summary: Nice product, worthwhile mod indeed!

Tom
Thanks for the review, Tom!

A few quick questions:
1. Can you post a photo of your wiring job on the clutch switch? Sounds like you did a really neat job.
2. Does cruise control still work with the clutch switch disabled?

Thanks,
Michael

Old 10-22-2009, 02:41 PM
tvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud of
Michael -

Here is the link i used for the wire, but instead of cutting the lug, I just used a short piece of wire in between.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ng-clutch.html

Mine is wrapped in tape and zip-tied up to the dash so a pic would be a pain in the butt (or not useful)

I have never used my cruise control, but i can find out next week when I get a chance to drive the car again.

Tom

Old 08-11-2014, 05:26 AM
athena1111 is on a distinguished road
Cruise Control

Have you had a chance to check if your cruise control works?

Old 08-12-2014, 09:08 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by athena1111
Have you had a chance to check if your cruise control works?
I would like to know if it effects your cruise control as well.

Anyone knows if this mod messes with your cruise?

Old 09-20-2014, 04:03 PM
996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute
Had a SACHS 4 puck race clutch installed a few months ago and it is a pain to drive around town. I installed the RSS clutch stop about an hour ago and it makes the clutch much, much more street able. Actually removed the adjusting bolt, extremely little take up with it at its shortest length.

Well done RSS!!!

Added the jumper wire to the yellow and brown connectors (marked the clutch switch with a "Y" and "B" if I go back to a stock type clutch).

Last edited by 996TWINS; 09-21-2014 at 03:54 PM.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:35 AM
athena1111 is on a distinguished road
Cruise Control

996TWINS,
By any chance did you notice if your cruise control works. I really hate the take up on my new sachs performance clutch, considering this mod.

Old 09-21-2014, 11:56 AM
996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute
996TWINS,
By any chance did you notice if your cruise control works. I really hate the take up on my new sachs performance clutch, considering this mod.

Sorry, I do not. Never used the cruise control.
Check with RSS if they have an answer, or contact others that have posted here.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:49 AM
MadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond repute
PM me with price as well -

^^ Also interested to see some kind of small diagram which wires to connect, and be able to start the car without pressing on the clutch - Down side is to make sure no body touch that ignition when the car is in gear and someone wants to start the car. I never leave mine in gear anyways-

Old 09-23-2014, 12:19 PM
uschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant future
996TWINS,
Never had a problem with my cruise control with the clutch stop in place.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:33 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Just put one of these in today - very pleased with the result. Much less anxiety about take-offs, especially on a hill. Very predictable clutch engagement and shifts seem faster of course. My clutch engages very high and seems like hardly any movement to now to get it dis-engaged. One of the easiest and best upgrades in a while!

Old 05-12-2015, 11:16 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
i got one sitting on the shelf for my 997, they were back-ordered for a while. gotta stop being lazy and throw it in. most aftermarket clutches grab so high, i am surprised more people don't talk about this thing.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Adjustable Clutch Stop by RSS