996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New Adjustable Clutch Stop by RSS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 06:18 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
New Adjustable Clutch Stop by RSS

RSS is introducing our new Adjustable Clutch Stop for those of you who have upgraded from the stock clutch and need to limit the travel of your hydraulic clutch.

Special Note: This is NOT designed for use with the OE (Factory) Porsche clutch.

Installs directly onto the arm of the pedal in minutes.

Designed for the street and track – this has come in very handy for our RSS Tarmac Package with upgraded Tilton Clutch and Sequential Shifter system.

Made right here in sunny California, USA

Here is the link to our thread in the classified section with price: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...utch-stop.html

Name:  111_RSS_clutchstop_1wm.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  64.8 KB

Name:  111_RSS_clutchstop_oncar_crop_wm.jpg
Views: 1130
Size:  96.0 KB

Last edited by Sales@RSS; 10-22-2009 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Link to classifieds
Old 08-19-2009, 09:38 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
looks good. Can u pm me a price

Old 08-19-2009, 11:23 PM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
Do you make them for a TIP?

Old 08-20-2009, 07:01 AM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
please pm me a price also

Old 08-20-2009, 07:25 AM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
I can't say anything about this particular stop, although it looks great to me, but I had an adjustable clutch stop on my M3 and it was unreal. It is literally the best performance mod for your dollar, as you know the exact point where the clutch is disengaged, shift gear, and then immediately re-engage the clutch. It's been awhile, but from my memory, my shifts were faster than any sequential gearbox I've driven since.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:40 AM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
i had one too, 9.99 from clutchstopper.com, best ten bucks i ever spent, it was literally a bolt with a rubber washer but it worked to perfection...i'm guessing this one is a little more than ten bucks

Old 08-20-2009, 07:45 AM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by buzzm
i had one too, 9.99 from clutchstopper.com, best ten bucks i ever spent, it was literally a bolt with a rubber washer but it worked to perfection...i'm guessing this one is a little more than ten bucks
Yup. The BMWs had that threaded hole that you could just screw the piece into. (It seemed like the designers wanted to put in a stop, but decided not to at the last minute.) If there's no hole there, an apparatus like the one above would have to be used. That, or you could hire a welder to put in a threaded sleeve. That would be cheap.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:57 AM
they did actually put a stop there but it was non adjustable and not very long so didnt help at all, it was made of cheap plastic and tends to bend and then break over time

Old 08-20-2009, 09:35 AM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PALETTE
looks good. Can u pm me a price
Originally Posted by buzzm
please pm me a price also
PMs Sent. Thanks Guys. We will eventually post up in Classifieds w/ price, but wanted to introduce the new product in the main section due to many calls for something like this.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:27 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by adam699
Do you make them for a TIP?
Very funny Adam. Sure, it's the mysterious Criss Angel tiptronic model...

Name:  areyoujoking.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  89.2 KB

Old 08-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by RSSbryan
Very funny Adam. Sure, it's the mysterious Criss Angel tiptronic model...
It's not a bad idea, but put it under the gas pedal when you drop the car at the valet. They won't be able to get the revs up over 3K RPM.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:27 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by seth_horwitz
It's not a bad idea, but put it under the gas pedal when you drop the car at the valet. They won't be able to get the revs up over 3K RPM.
good for wives and valets.

Old 08-26-2009, 05:22 PM
so i installed mine today, i am not able to start the car with it installed, i need to depress my clutch right to the floor in order to start the car

edit #1 i did not read the initial post carefully, i am still running a stock clutch so this mod will not work for me unfortunately

edit #2 see post #24 for instructions on how to bypass the clutch switch in order to be able to use the clutch stop

Last edited by buzzm; 08-26-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:50 PM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
you can always connect the clutch switch wires together. Then you will be able to start the car w/o pressing on the clutch at all.

Old 08-26-2009, 05:54 PM
where do i find these wires ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Adjustable Clutch Stop by RSS