996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New Adjustable Clutch Stop by RSS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 09:57 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RSSbryan
Very funny Adam. Sure, it's the mysterious Criss Angel tiptronic model...

LOL you guys...

Old 08-27-2009, 03:23 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lbmw
pm me for price shipped to 60062
PM Sent lbmw, thanks.

Originally Posted by phillym5
I'll take a pm'd price as well.
Shipping to 49341 thanks.
PM Sent phillym5, thanks.

Old 08-27-2009, 03:48 PM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
i just posted a diy on how to disable the clutch switch so you can start the car without having to depress the clutch all the way to the floor (the clutch stop still does not work with the stock clutch though, only with the upgraded clutch as stated in the original post)

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ng-clutch.html

Last edited by buzzm; 08-27-2009 at 04:19 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:22 PM
SSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond repute
Any feedback on the product. I'm interested

Thanks!

Old 08-30-2009, 04:33 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by buzzm
we have a winner ! just connected them, car starts without having to touch the clutch at all, if you stick your head in the foot well and look up there are 2 brown wires right next to each other connected to a light gray plastic block, they need to be connected to each other in order to bypass the switch

i'll be installing my clutch stop shortly

to clarify, the clutch stop can also be used with the stock oem clutch as long as you bypass the clutch switch as described above
It's kind of weird getting used to starting a manual trans car without depressing the clutch. Be careful not to start the car while in gear. The older 911's like mine all start without pressing the clutch and I can tell ya from experience I've tried to start it with it in gear a few times and it lunges forward. Not a lot, but enough that if you're parked behind a car that's too close or too close to something in the garage, you certainly can regret it. That happens sometimes when you go back and forth with an automatic so you never have to press in a clutch and you just get used to it.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:05 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
It's kind of weird getting used to starting a manual trans car without depressing the clutch. Be careful not to start the car while in gear. The older 911's like mine all start without pressing the clutch and I can tell ya from experience I've tried to start it with it in gear a few times and it lunges forward. Not a lot, but enough that if you're parked behind a car that's too close or too close to something in the garage, you certainly can regret it. That happens sometimes when you go back and forth with an automatic so you never have to press in a clutch and you just get used to it.

I used to disable all my clutch switches until a few years ago, a guy at the track reached in to start his car to warm it up, and his son was behind the car, in his stroller...needless to say, yes, the worst possible thing happened...not to say that having the switch may have prevented this, but he would have had to sit in the car, and instinctively take it out of gear...

Old 08-30-2009, 09:57 AM
phillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to behold
I got the clutch stop on a few days ago.
It made a world of difference. It took 5 minutes to put in...
Now the clutch engages just off the floor. awesome.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:02 PM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ttboost
I used to disable all my clutch switches until a few years ago, a guy at the track reached in to start his car to warm it up, and his son was behind the car, in his stroller...needless to say, yes, the worst possible thing happened...not to say that having the switch may have prevented this, but he would have had to sit in the car, and instinctively take it out of gear...
What a horrible story! I hope the poor kid was alright, I can't imagine how terrible the father felt afterwards.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:47 AM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by phillym5
I got the clutch stop on a few days ago.
It made a world of difference. It took 5 minutes to put in...
Now the clutch engages just off the floor. awesome.
phillym5,

Glad you are happy with the new RSS Clutchstop.
Thanks for your post and your business, we appreciate it.
Enjoy...

Bryan

Old 09-24-2009, 03:31 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Any update on whether disabling the clutch switch affects cruise control?

Old 09-24-2009, 03:54 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
Any update on whether disabling the clutch switch affects cruise control?
Unless you have a very, very minimal amount of travel in your clutch, the cruise control function will still work as designed if you disable the clutch safety switch...

B

Old 10-21-2009, 05:19 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RSSbryan
RSS is introducing our new Adjustable Clutch Stop for those of you who have upgraded from the stock clutch and need to limit the travel of your hydraulic clutch.

Special Note: This is NOT designed for use with the OE (Factory) Porsche clutch.

Installs directly onto the arm of the pedal in minutes.

Designed for the street and track – this has come in very handy for our RSS Tarmac Package with upgraded Tilton Clutch and Sequential Shifter system.

Made right here in sunny California, USA

Appreciate the feedback...

How much is it?

Old 10-21-2009, 05:32 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by deputydog95
How much is it?
Hi deputydog95,

PM on it's way as we can't post pricing on the general forum.

This product has been very popular and will appear in the classifieds section, our new website once completed and our new 2010 catalog in the very near future...

Old 10-21-2009, 06:49 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
I just got one of these for my car and I still don't know how much it cost

but I love it. It made my clutch feel back to normal

Old 10-21-2009, 07:47 PM
beantowntechy is a jewel in the roughbeantowntechy is a jewel in the roughbeantowntechy is a jewel in the rough
can you pm me for a price as well, please? thank you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Adjustable Clutch Stop by RSS