996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

ERL Water/Alcohol Injection - What Size Jets?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 06:38 AM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
ERL Water/Alcohol Injection - What Size Jets?

I am going to be fitting an ERL Aquamist 2D Water/Alcohol injection system to my 2005 Turbo S. I am running 1.2 - 1.3 Bar Boost.

I was wondering what was the best Jet size to use was. I have a variety from previous installs. I use .9mm on my Lotus V8 running 1.3 bar boost on it, but they were a lot further away from the plenum than they are on the Porsche. I am thinking a Pair of .7mm may be a good choice.

I know Tony from EPL has some experience here, what are your thoughts?

Anyone done this mod? Do you use the Washer reservoir as a source?

Thanks

SWR

Old 08-28-2009, 07:10 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
I believe I have .9's spraying 50/50+100%. Don't think you can use factory coolant resevoir as the float switch won't fit anywhere, unless you want to forfeit that safety element. Wouldn't advise it. Just buy a 1-1/2 gallon bottle.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:21 AM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ttboost
I believe I have .9's spraying 50/50+100%. Don't think you can use factory coolant resevoir as the float switch won't fit anywhere, unless you want to forfeit that safety element. Wouldn't advise it. Just buy a 1-1/2 gallon bottle.
Thanks for the info. Couln't you just use the existing float level switch 9I assume this is what you are referring to) in the stock reservoir? It already has one. Just put a tap into the bottom of the stock reservoir and feed the pump from there.

Just a thought. I am still deciding. Where does the external tak go?

Old 08-28-2009, 07:25 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Easier for me to add the tank.

Attached Images   
Old 08-28-2009, 07:31 AM
Easier for me to add the tank.
I see. I will not be using that system though. I am going to go with the 2D Mapped system. I personally do not like the gauge in the car (my personal choice here) I will also be using the race pump. Personally I like the car to look as stock as possible. Nice system though.

I will be using the system for Intake Cooling only and not as a performance enhancement. I had a lot of success with this particular system on a few Lotus V8's and I installed this system on a few of them, in addition a Lotus Garage in SoCAL uses my design on cars that they do too. We did use a separate tank for that application though.

PS. the Lotus V8 has no room for AirToAir Intercoolers so it needed the cooling help.

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/cp/806-009/806-009.html

Last edited by ShokWaveRider; 08-28-2009 at 07:40 AM.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:22 PM
I had a 97 Esprit...

Old 08-28-2009, 01:10 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
So the twin turbo V8 Lotus doesn't have an intercooler?

I always thought those were cool cars. Do you have the submarine mod like James Bond?

Old 08-28-2009, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by ReeknHavic
So the twin turbo V8 Lotus doesn't have an intercooler?

I always thought those were cool cars. Do you have the submarine mod like James Bond?
Nope, no inter coolers on the V8 (No Room). Bonds was an early 4 banger.

Old 08-28-2009, 01:23 PM
No but if it had the "able to put the seat back so a human can drive it" mod, I would have kept it!!! Wasn't very fast, but still fun. I always thought that car was one of the most beautiful hand crafted car ever built, although dated. I had a mustard yellow with black leather w/yellow piping. I had a flash and thats about it. It made around 340rwhp IIRC? When I bought my 86 930, I dumped the Lotus...it's still local and I see it from time to time. he pumped it up a little. 400rwhp now?

Old 08-28-2009, 01:32 PM
No but if it had the "able to put the seat back so a human can drive it" mod, I would have kept it!!! Wasn't very fast, but still fun. I always thought that car was one of the most beautiful hand crafted car ever built, although dated. I had a mustard yellow with black leather w/yellow piping. I had a flash and thats about it. It made around 340rwhp IIRC? When I bought my 86 930, I dumped the Lotus...it's still local and I see it from time to time. he pumped it up a little. 400rwhp now?
Here is/was mine:

It was running at 500hp (Not rwhp) 0 - 60 3.7 - 3.8. Not too shabby. Same as you Flash (By Me) Exhaust, Water Injection, Suspension and such. Looked completely stock from the outside.

http://impconcepts.com/esprit1badv8.htm

Poke around on the site and you will see my DIY mods. I still think it takes a lot to beat the looks. But I am an old f$%# so what do I know. I do miss it. It certainly got more looks thant the TT ever will.

SWR

Old 08-28-2009, 01:37 PM
++111. If I fit in the car, I would have kept it. The only other car around when I had mine was an Azure blue one...AWESOME color. Couldn't find one when I was looking and still like the yellow...

Old 08-28-2009, 04:13 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
There are a few of them running around here in KC. I know one has the 4 cyl turbo making (I think) 300 hp. It's sharp, very exotic looking. They must be fairly reasonable to get into because the guy driving it couldn't have been over 20. That or he won the Lotto lol. The other Lotus is like your blue one, V8 tt......nice.

That's good to know about the seat. I've never sat in one but I probably wouldn't be comfortable since I'm on the tall side, 6'3".

Old 08-28-2009, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by ReeknHavic
There are a few of them running around here in KC. I know one has the 4 cyl turbo making (I think) 300 hp. It's sharp, very exotic looking. They must be fairly reasonable to get into because the guy driving it couldn't have been over 20. That or he won the Lotto lol. The other Lotus is like your blue one, V8 tt......nice.

That's good to know about the seat. I've never sat in one but I probably wouldn't be comfortable since I'm on the tall side, 6'3".
You won't FIT, let alone drive it. I'm only 6'2' 190lbs and it was a stretch...

Old 08-28-2009, 05:10 PM
You won't FIT, let alone drive it. I'm only 6'2' 190lbs and it was a stretch...
I am a 5'10" partitally balding Englishman. The car was designed for me. YEAHHHH!!!!!!

Old 08-28-2009, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by ShokWaveRider
I am a 5'10" partitally balding Englishman. The car was designed for me. YEAHHHH!!!!!!

With all sincerety, I say, you lucky SOB!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ERL Water/Alcohol Injection - What Size Jets?