996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Opinions of CLK63 Black Series

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 01:19 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Opinions of CLK63 Black Series

I am asking here because there is a guy on the MBworld board that hangs w/ GT2's on the track w/ his Black. Of course he has tons of racing experience.

Amazing car it seems and the lust is starting. Should I get some kind of rehab/immunization before I do something crazy (like finance one)?

Old 11-22-2009, 01:25 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
they are great cars and i even hate benz's.. as for hanging with gt2 on the track ?hmmm i dont know about tha.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:30 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
It's quick no doubt about it, but if stock v stock and both set up for track the GT2 will be quicker... suppose you could let the driver of the CLK drive the GT2, if he is experienced enough he will know the cars limits.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:41 PM
cnc
Awaiting Email Confirmation
cnc is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I owned "Black Series" and a GT2, both are great cars, and extremely capable. The Black Series is an amazing car and it would take a very good professional driver to extract everything it is capable of doing. The current prices make a very attractive bargain.

There is no doubt it could hang with a GT2, especially if there were a driver difference.

The only improvement the car needed was rev matching on down shifts, not necessary but nice.

The only reason I sold it was that I was constantly changing from ..front engine to rear engine and decided for consistency and comfort I was going to stay all Porsche, and enjoy the rear pendulum while developing my skills. Chopping and changing rides is not the preferred way to do that.

I bought a 997.2 with PDK, sports suspension and that car is just amazing, so take it for a whirl before you satisfy any lust, otherwise you might have wanderlust!

Old 11-22-2009, 02:04 PM
Former Vendor
StuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to behold
Which track? Is it Silver?

It's very heavy but still nimble.

I have driven one, the car is amazing...

-Nathan

Old 11-22-2009, 02:28 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
I have lust for one also...but it is not happening.

How much are they used now ? what $$ range ?

Old 11-22-2009, 02:36 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
They are under 80K w/ 5k miles...very tempting, but I am not really in a position financially, unless I gave something up and took away from retirement/sons college fund.

Then again kid could go to school of hard knocks like me and I could die driving the BS and thus not need to worry about retirement

Hey Vic, how is the shoulder?

CNC, thanks, that was exactly the kind of info I was looking for.

Old 11-22-2009, 02:37 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Sean, You should know better man... I know Miata drivers in HPDE beginner groups that walk all over 996TTs and Corvettes... In beginner group.

All that said, I'd have a Black Series as my daily driver... It's one hell of a ride. It's no GT2, but it is an amazing. car for sure.

Mike

Old 11-22-2009, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by Mikelly
Sean, You should know better man... I know Miata drivers in HPDE beginner groups that walk all over 996TTs and Corvettes... In beginner group.

All that said, I'd have a Black Series as my daily driver... It's one hell of a ride. It's no GT2, but it is an amazing. car for sure.

Mike
I will have you know that I caught every Miata on the straightaways

Old 11-22-2009, 02:41 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !

Well done! WELL DONE!!!

Mike

Old 11-22-2009, 02:48 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Hang with a GT2 on track? Probably because he's a better driver than everyone in the GT2's. If you can drive you can hang with most guys in GT2's in pretty much any modern performance car.

If they put a decent gearbox in it and made it so your hands didn't feel asleep while on the wheel from numbness, it would be a great car. The car likes to spin the tires and it doesn't utilize the power like say an M6 (maybe the gearbox again).

But the car is S E X!!!! My wife has a CLK 500 and the interior is the same so that was a bit of a bummer, but the car is still sex, still a benz (= not very inspiring to drive), but a great car for the street IMO.

The steering is soo soo numb. And the one I drove has mods to 650 or so hp and the tires want no part of traction.

Attached Images    
Old 11-22-2009, 04:28 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
They are under 80K w/ 5k miles...very tempting, but I am not really in a position financially, unless I gave something up and took away from retirement/sons college fund.

Then again kid could go to school of hard knocks like me and I could die driving the BS and thus not need to worry about retirement

Hey Vic, how is the shoulder?

CNC, thanks, that was exactly the kind of info I was looking for.
Sell the Mercedes and the BMW and get the BS !

Old 11-22-2009, 05:17 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Sell the Mercedes and the BMW and get the BS !

Marty ,Sean already has plenty of BS !!

Old 11-22-2009, 08:25 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Sean,

My pops loves his. Let me know if you want a spin one day this week. I'll grab it from him at lunch one day.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:27 PM
Watcha doin Friday, Ben...I will definitely buy lunch.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Opinions of CLK63 Black Series