996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT2 at Chicago Motorcars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 02:52 PM
tws_andrew is a name known to alltws_andrew is a name known to alltws_andrew is a name known to alltws_andrew is a name known to alltws_andrew is a name known to alltws_andrew is a name known to all
GT2 at Chicago Motorcars

Looks like the GTR will sell shortly and I am looking at a couple of Gt2s. I remember someone mentioning a GT2 in Chicago with a replaced motor or some issues a while back and I wanted to see if anyone knew this car. Seems very well priced although I know the Gt2 market is slow

http://www.chicagomotorcars.com/web/1127/vehicle/466530/2003-Porsche-911/996%20Carrera%20GT2--WEST%20CHICAGO-Illinois

Let me know. Thanks

Last edited by bbywu; 03-09-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:00 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
How was it "professionally lowered by Porsche"?

Old 03-09-2010, 03:09 PM
tws_andrew is a name known to alltws_andrew is a name known to alltws_andrew is a name known to alltws_andrew is a name known to alltws_andrew is a name known to alltws_andrew is a name known to all
My guess is a dealer installed coils but who knows.

Old 03-09-2010, 03:23 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
GT2s come with coils and are lowered 1.5" from the factory. I think that's what the ad means.

Nice car. The Carfax is clean, and it has low miles. I say go for it.

Old 03-09-2010, 03:52 PM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
Wow that's a great price. Have a PPI done and if it looks good I'd go for it!

Old 03-09-2010, 05:18 PM
JD's03tt is on a distinguished road
Very nice

Old 03-09-2010, 05:49 PM
BealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud of
Wasn't that dealer part of a rather large fiasco on this board not long ago, and basically accused of lying about cars that had been damaged etc? Am I thinking of the wrong dealer? I remember there being chat about a silver gt2 in particular with the issues.

edit: yep unfortunately I'd say that car is a no go. I too was looking at it till a friend reminded me of this.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-purchase.html

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...motorcars.html

Old 03-09-2010, 07:07 PM
Racin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant futureRacin Jason has a brilliant future
There was some damage to that car if i remember from another thread.
Give them a call I believe the salesman was honest about it.

It has been for sale for a long time for some reason. I also reported them for trying to shill bids as one bidder was bidding on 12 of Chicago's cars at the same time. NIce try but it still never met reserve.

Joe's was a good deal for a low mileage GT2. Some lucky guy stole it!

Old 03-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
GT2s come with coils and are lowered 1.5" from the factory. I think that's what the ad means.

Nice car. The Carfax is clean, and it has low miles. I say go for it.
Right....I was just amused at the claim.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:31 PM
AlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud of
I've been following the market for a while.
That car has been sitting there for a few months now, while all the others are selling.
Must be a reason.
If I had the $$ I would be going with this one. Probably the best one on the market now -> http://inventory.switchcars.com/card...AB29953S696164

Old 03-09-2010, 09:14 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
A few members have had issues with CMC and GT2s in the past. You may want to review this thread.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-89-900-a.html

Old 03-10-2010, 07:59 AM
fdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud of
I bought my car from CMC some years back with no issues. If I were you, I would have them ship the car to Ed Napleton Porsche in Westmont for a PPI. I can't vouch for CMC, but Napleton (Fred in service) has never steered me wrong.
Originally Posted by bbywu
A few members have had issues with CMC and GT2s in the past. You may want to review this thread.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-89-900-a.html

Old 03-10-2010, 09:39 AM
ari911 is infamous around these partsari911 is infamous around these partsari911 is infamous around these partsari911 is infamous around these partsari911 is infamous around these partsari911 is infamous around these partsari911 is infamous around these partsari911 is infamous around these partsari911 is infamous around these partsari911 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tws_andrew
Looks like the GTR will sell shortly and I am looking at a couple of Gt2s. I remember someone mentioning a GT2 in Chicago with a replaced motor or some issues a while back and I wanted to see if anyone knew this car. Seems very well priced although I know the Gt2 market is slow

http://www.chicagomotorcars.com/web/...ICAGO-Illinois

Let me know. Thanks
Check out porsche of roslyn in NY.

Old 03-10-2010, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by AlexN
I've been following the market for a while.
That car has been sitting there for a few months now, while all the others are selling.
Must be a reason.
If I had the $$ I would be going with this one. Probably the best one on the market now -> http://inventory.switchcars.com/card...AB29953S696164
Look at the tires, car has been tracked. Still a very clean example, but w/ track use, and considering this market, 90K is a touch high.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:08 AM
TURBO ELECTRO is a jewel in the roughTURBO ELECTRO is a jewel in the roughTURBO ELECTRO is a jewel in the rough
I find it odd that there are losts of pictures of the passenger seat in full but only one from the drivers seat and it is only a partial shot.........with a low mileage car 10k there should be very little wear to vertialy none on the driver seat.......how does it look???? Are they not wanting to show it? Hiding anything? hmmm

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2 at Chicago Motorcars