996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

PSS10 ride height?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 12:58 AM
pinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to behold
PSS10 ride height?

endend up buying pss10 and installed them today. something odd about the front setting i'm confused with. it is at it's lowest setting for height but it sits at about 25 1/2 on the front and i can't go any lower cause the collars are at the very bottom is this because i installed the top strut bearing mount metal plate with rubber bushing and the provided rubber bushing that came with the kit? i have no noise complaints at all. all quiet at full turns or going over bumps. just thought i should be able to lower it more any one know. maybe take out the rubber plate bushing that was provided?

Old 05-09-2010, 01:13 PM
pinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to behold
anyone know can someone post a pic of a 996tt with pss10?

Old 05-09-2010, 02:19 PM
fdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud of
Mine is just under 25 5/8 in the front and it is NOT as low as it can go.. Not sure this is what you are looking for...

Name:  pss10.jpg
Views: 954
Size:  77.7 KB
Originally Posted by pinoy911tt
anyone know can someone post a pic of a 996tt with pss10?

Old 05-09-2010, 03:08 PM
That's perfect. Exactly what i'm looking for.I think i know what i need to do. Gotta remove the rubber o ring they provide

Old 05-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Scottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck and let us know how it goes. Did you do the install yourself? If so, how was it? I'm getting ready to do my pss9's, and I hope it goes smoothly!

Old 05-09-2010, 07:07 PM
fdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud of
Not trying to scare you, but you should read this thread...it is long, long, long..

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...bilsteins.html

And the answer from Bilstein (not the same as the above link - just looks like it is)

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post2687750

I don't remember if this is exactly that same (since it is from the 997 board), but I took this to the shop that installed my PSS10's to make sure they were aware of this and they said they were. Not trying to freak you out or anything...just wanted you to be aware. Also, I think in the end, they replaced the improperly installed set - maybe even completley.

fd
Originally Posted by Scottslaw
Good luck and let us know how it goes. Did you do the install yourself? If so, how was it? I'm getting ready to do my pss9's, and I hope it goes smoothly!

Last edited by fdorn; 05-09-2010 at 07:09 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:55 PM
thanks for the info guys. i did install the coilovers myself since i am a porsche tech. their instructions as just awful the washer mentioned on the last link thats is suppose to be transfered from the original strut was already there. actually was new and provided on the strut already when i was putting it together. now, their rear struts were a different story. they do not tell you that you have to use an allen to undue to adjustment ***** for the dampner settings before intalling the oem strut towers. i just used some common sense and removed them carefully without stripping them and everything went well. like i said, my only concern was the fronts being adjusted at their max lowest setting and it sits at about 251/2 inches. i'm just going to remove the 2 rubber spacers they provided since i left the strut bearing oem rubber bushing there already anyways. that should bring it down a little either than that, it's perfect

Old 05-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Glad it worked and, just so we are on the same page, I was only trying to pass along some info that came in handy for me - not trying to 2nd guess anyone's abilities or skills. I haven't a clue how to do anything but how to wipe my own a$$...especially when it comes to these cars.....

The PSS10's are fantastic. I had them out at the track on Friday, both wet and dry conditions. It is night and day from stock. Understeer is greatly diminished. Steering is much more direct and percise. Very little squatting when you are coming out of the bend and getting on the load pedal. Much more stable at high speeds.Could not be happier. It is like getting a whole new car.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by fdorn
Glad it worked and, just so we are on the same page, I was only trying to pass along some info that came in handy for me - not trying to 2nd guess anyone's abilities or skills. I haven't a clue how to do anything but how to wipe my own a$$...especially when it comes to these cars.....

The PSS10's are fantastic. I had them out at the track on Friday, both wet and dry conditions. It is night and day from stock. Understeer is greatly diminished. Steering is much more direct and percise. Very little squatting when you are coming out of the bend and getting on the load pedal. Much more stable at high speeds.Could not be happier. It is like getting a whole new car.
no offense taken you're info actually helped me confirm some stuff

yup, the ride on these pss10 are freakin' amazing. could not be happier

Old 05-09-2010, 08:27 PM
jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !
I think in my case, 25.5 is about max low....
I run 26" all 4 corners to avoid scraping. That height was a good compromise.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:26 AM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
The fronts don't allow you to lower as far as the rears. I had the same issue. They do have shorter helper springs which will drop it another 1/4". Beyond that you have to start dealing with shorter (but stiffer) spring sets (both front and back) to lower it further while minimizing riding on the bump stops

Old 05-10-2010, 07:45 AM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Just MO, instead of having the same heights on all four corners, you should bring your car for a good alignment and corner balancing.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:49 AM
+1. I didn't want to confuse the issue and measure at each corner. Agree 100% - you need a good alignment and corner balance - preferably from a shop that has track experience history.
Originally Posted by MY996TT
Just MO, instead of having the same heights on all four corners, you should bring your car for a good alignment and corner balancing.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:02 AM
Originally Posted by Duane996tt
The fronts don't allow you to lower as far as the rears. I had the same issue. They do have shorter helper springs which will drop it another 1/4". Beyond that you have to start dealing with shorter (but stiffer) spring sets (both front and back) to lower it further while minimizing riding on the bump stops
good to know

Old 05-10-2010, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by MY996TT
exactly what i'm going to do. i'm just going to let them settle for a bit then i will corner balance and align it at work myself. i did set the toes when i first put them on but will realign at the same time of corner balancing

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PSS10 ride height?