996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Durametric and Airbag Light - Can't Clear Faults

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 09:12 AM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Durametric and Airbag Light - Can't Clear Faults

I took my car in to the shop and it sat for a while and the battery ran down. Got airbag light (no change to anything interior such as seats, belts, etc).

Hooked up his Durametric (5.1.2) and can clear other codes but not airbag...

It has the option, but when you click it, it just sits there and does nothing...

Codes are for low power, etc.

Anyone else seen this or have a solution?

Thanks!

Old 05-29-2010, 09:35 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Chad, the only way to clear permanently is at the dealer who has the proper computer. Durametric isn't the solution.

Originally Posted by raineycd
I took my car in to the shop and it sat for a while and the battery ran down. Got airbag light (no change to anything interior such as seats, belts, etc).

Hooked up his Durametric (5.1.2) and can clear other codes but not airbag...

It has the option, but when you click it, it just sits there and does nothing...

Codes are for low power, etc.

Anyone else seen this or have a solution?

Thanks!

Old 05-29-2010, 10:23 AM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VividRacingTX
Chad, the only way to clear permanently is at the dealer who has the proper computer. Durametric isn't the solution.
Guess I may have to. Durametric is supposed to be able to do it and the shop has done it before on other cars. So we are stumped...

Old 05-29-2010, 11:32 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
It might be a hard code... Im sure someone here had this same problem...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 05-29-2010, 04:08 PM
tvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond repute
Hmmm,

They won't clear at all, or they come back?

I've gotten the Secondary Air Injection Pump codes and had them cleared at the local Advanced Auto Parts store. Maybe these were not hard codes?

Old 05-29-2010, 04:13 PM
kwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud of
Hey Chad what shakin.

I've had my airbag light come on a couple times and was able to make it go away after clearing it with my Durametric. I think for me it was either my belt or seat sensor that set it off. Havent seen it come back, this was over 9 months ago, so I assume that cleared it up for me. Maybe try a newer version of the Durametric software? Or just do the dealer thing as VR suggested. Hope that helps a bit.

Justin

Old 05-29-2010, 04:57 PM
Yep, can't clear it at all. Doubt it will come back cause it had low voltage errors, etc. due to the car sitting for a while. We can clear other faults, but just not the airbag. It pretty much locks up Durametric...

Maybe re-install of DM is in order. He has it on an ancient laptop!

Thanks guys!!!

Old 05-30-2010, 07:54 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
I too had my airbag light come on b/c I had disconnected my passenger side seat and started up the car. My indy shop cleared it with a durametric cable and it hasn't come back since. Maybe something else is up with his laptop?

Edwin

Old 05-30-2010, 08:03 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
My airbag light came on after I also removed my passenger seat and turned my key on. I think my tuner reset the light with Durametric. It's a pain to find, but I believe it can be done.

Old 06-04-2010, 03:38 PM
kwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud of
Hey Chad, did you ever get this figured out? Try the durametric software on a new PC yet? Just curious.

Justin

Old 06-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Not yet, haven't been back to the shop. Just enjoying the car for now!!!

Old 06-04-2010, 07:04 PM
anothervr6kid will become famous soon enough
durametric should do it, i have one and used it before.

Old 06-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by anothervr6kid
durametric should do it, i have one and used it before.
That's what I figured. I think the laptop is just screwed up!

Thanks!

Old 06-04-2010, 10:08 PM
anothervr6kid will become famous soon enough
did you make sure your battery was fully charged when you tried to reset the light? Maybe it was resetting but tripping again. Install the software on your laptop and go there with your laptop and use his cable. All the software looks at is that it is a correct cable.

Old 06-05-2010, 03:59 AM
NathanialHale is on a distinguished road
This is absolutely NOT true. I've had my airbag light cleared several times after pulling seats. No issues at all... Chad, hit Mikelly on the other forum. He's done it multiple times using Durametric.

NH

Originally Posted by VividRacingTX

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Durametric and Airbag Light - Can't Clear Faults