996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

CA Race Gas Ban

Old 06-09-2010, 06:38 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TTdude
The F1 guys used to have a heyday with tolulene on the unlimited 1.5 l turbo engines making 1500hp during the 80’s…toluene is a significant component of high octane fuel. You would have no problem running your turbo with toluene as an octane booster. You just to make sure that the toluene you get is pure and not technical grade consisting of mixture of other products--that to me is the greatest risk of using toluene purchased from a hardware store. Pure toluene however would be better than mixing that 100 octane junk we have in CA, imo.
That's the same conclusion I came to. That's why I asked the other guy why he wouldn't use it.

Old 06-09-2010, 08:57 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
All MS series VP Racing fuels are unleaded, along with the StreetBlaze series.

Old 06-09-2010, 12:02 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by landjet
That's the same conclusion I came to. That's why I asked the other guy why he wouldn't use it.
If you do find a source for toluene, I would take it to a lab and have it analyzed for purity. Based on the MSDS sheet provided by Kleanstrip, it appears that their product is >95% pure. I probably wouldn't put anything in my tank unless I saw a complete analysis of the product, especially purity and residue upon evaporation.

Old 06-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Bill Korea is on a distinguished road
...and I thought toluene was a strong carcinogen. Really, sometimes it sounds like you guys live in the land of the free to waste and make bad, selfish decisions. You know that minor mess in the Gulf? The US consumes 1000 times the output of that well every day. Breathe it in, and enjoy. Modifying cars to improve performance is cool, bypassing emission controls is not.

Old 06-09-2010, 02:45 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bill Korea
...and I thought toluene was a strong carcinogen. Really, sometimes it sounds like you guys live in the land of the free to waste and make bad, selfish decisions. You know that minor mess in the Gulf? The US consumes 1000 times the output of that well every day. Breathe it in, and enjoy. Modifying cars to improve performance is cool, bypassing emission controls is not.
There's a famous quote maybe you've heard it before. It goes something like this..."It's better to remain silent and let people assume you are fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

You need to educate yourself. Start by reading this...

http://www.scorecard.org/chemical-pr...l/toluene.html

Old 06-09-2010, 03:03 PM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
I guess you also would dictate that racing should be banned because there are no emissions controls. You are a good candidate for the Nissan Leaf and a large helping of Marxism.....Enjoy

Old 06-09-2010, 03:06 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
So running my weekend car for under 3K miles a year is the same as the massive BP disaster?

You are not a Captain of Logic, I take.

Old 06-09-2010, 03:29 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
and only 500 of those miles are running C 16

Old 06-09-2010, 03:30 PM
DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !
-1, Sounds like you're on the wrong forum, try http://priuschat.com/ or http://www.priusforum.net/. You should take your liberal agenda there.

Last edited by DEEPBLUE; 06-09-2010 at 03:39 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:34 PM
I am as much of a tree hugger and pro environmentalist when it comes to cars that are daily driven....98% of what is on the road should be run w/ cats/on MTBE free pump gas etc.

But that doesn't mean you should not be able to have some fun now and then.

Old 06-09-2010, 04:33 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
This guy has been warned to take that stuff to OT. Back off on him now guys.

Old 06-09-2010, 05:34 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !

This is about modding 996 tt,if you Bill want to touch this "green issue" go to Save the World forum of something like that or go "envioment polices" or go somewhere else.

Old 06-09-2010, 08:43 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
For me it is a quality control issue. VP gas ensures that I have confidence in what I am runing.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:36 PM
DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !
true, party lines dont so much matter in this case hence my not singling out any particular party.... but what these idiots stand for, do. Like anywhere else, you suffer the fallout from who you vote in. Unfortunately, it is a political issue.

Chicago, geez, wont even touch one.

On another note, anyone have a great deal on getting drums of 109?

Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
Party choice has nothing to do with it... it's about money and power.. look at BP and the long standing Chaney/Republican connection...
who's going to pay for the Gulf mess now? We are... just like when we bailed out the unregulated ( by the Republican party) banking industry...
Sorry , not to get political but I don't think your Cali problem has anything to do with Democtrats... Or Republicans for that matter...
.... maybe it has to do with the fact that the state of California is in serious financial crisis... and has been for a long time... thus taxing is a way of revenue...
Imagine that we in Chicago are paying the highest sales tax in the country... I do not blame Dems or Rep.... states and local cities are in crisis as well...

Last edited by DEEPBLUE; 06-09-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:32 AM
Lennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by landjet
But the city isn't.

rather deal with bums and tourists then a nice sunset of smog