996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Scary moment with the Maxjax!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 08:38 AM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
New fix but another problem....

I've receive the new fittings. Better quality, stronger spring and made by Dixon. Note: this new modification provided you with only two quick disconnect fittings and the attachments on the flow divider are now fix!
But I am facing another problem. After the installation of the new fittings on the flow divider, I discover a crack on the body of the valve. I immediately contacted Danmar and within 3 hours received a phone call from a nice gentleman, Gabe (the same one that call me for the fittings failure) and he is sending me a new valve. The over torque fittings possibilities cannot be a factor in the cracked body according to the Danmar rep.

The after sale service is pretty good but I'm still waiting to get a good working tool ;-) Hope yours are working fine, J.P.

Attached Images   
Old 10-24-2011, 10:47 AM
iSaad is on a distinguished road
Glad to hear they were helpful! I have a leak coming from my body and the place where the hose attaches to the body. I replaced the teflon tape and still get leaks... I will call them soon.

Attachment 161291

Attachment 161292

Attachment 161293

Last edited by bbywu; 11-01-2011 at 05:55 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:13 AM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Hard to say where it is coming from. May be coming from the junction of the body. Anyway don't forget to submit those pictures when you contact the service department. I hope you will get good result with the them.

Old 10-24-2011, 12:02 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Do not use teflon tape on oil.. Use a sealant meant for oil..

Old 11-17-2011, 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by jpflip
Hard to say where it is coming from. May be coming from the junction of the body. Anyway don't forget to submit those pictures when you contact the service department. I hope you will get good result with the them.
Where's the best place to purchase the 90 Deg angle adapters and hose? I was thinking of wall mounting my power unit and running one side up and over the lift area to the wall... do you think this would cause any issues having one hose longer then the other?

Old 11-17-2011, 09:13 AM
On Rennlist , may be....

You will found some very good info about that kind of modification and where to get the fittings on Rennlist. I would like to post the link but I cannot, Go on Rennlist.com, select web forum, select 928 and do a search for ,MaxJax arrived today. You will get valuable information from MartyP and DrBob,with tons of pictures and place to get fittings in USA. Good luck, J.P.

They also discuss the issue with longer hose and NO you will not get any problem!

Last edited by jpflip; 11-17-2011 at 09:17 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:42 AM
You will found some very good info about that kind of modification and where to get the fittings on Rennlist. I would like to post the link but I cannot, Go on Rennlist.com, select web forum, select 928 and do a search for ,MaxJax arrived today. You will get valuable information from MartyP and DrBob,with tons of pictures and place to get fittings in USA. Good luck, J.P.

They also discuss the issue with longer hose and NO you will not get any problem!
AMAZING! Thanks for the help.. I was able to find his post easily with the provided information by you.. read through it and had some good information in there.. I still have yet to send the email to MAXJAXabout the 2 parts that are leaking.. I'll try and get on that this weekend... so busy at work and when I get home I don't feel like dealing it it... but I need to the leaking is starting to annoy me....

Old 11-17-2011, 09:51 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
JP always helping,knows much....good friend

Old 11-17-2011, 11:41 AM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rdss
JP always helping,knows much....good friend
+10 J-P is "L'Homme"

Old 11-17-2011, 03:51 PM
It would be difficult to continue to live a Porsche life without each other gentleman. Lets have a group hug!!!!

Attached Images  

Last edited by jpflip; 11-17-2011 at 04:51 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:57 AM
It would be difficult to continue to live a Porsche life without each other gentleman. Lets have a group hug!!!!
jpflip, do you use your 3" adapters which came with the MaxJax? If not, would you sell them to me? I called Danmar and they wanted $100 for them... figure most people are too low to use them so I was going ping people i've spoken with to see if they use them or don't need them... let me know! Thanks!

Old 12-02-2011, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by iSaad
jpflip, do you use your 3" adapters which came with the MaxJax? If not, would you sell them to me? I called Danmar and they wanted $100 for them... figure most people are too low to use them so I was going ping people i've spoken with to see if they use them or don't need them... let me know! Thanks!

Sorry Isaad but I was not going to use them until my daughter bought a Scion XB. Now I need them for oil change... Good luck with your research!

Do not forget to go on Rennlist for your research especially here: http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...ved-today.html

Last edited by jpflip; 12-02-2011 at 09:14 AM.