996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Another K16 billet build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 01:29 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
..But when you use Meth you always get high....

Old 04-18-2012, 01:35 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
The turbo's are 68mm billets. They flow very close to the older K16/GT-2868's. I think the dyno is high too like J said but he knows that. The gains before and after look good. Cam't wait for 60-130's and finally a good run. Good luck and remember break that clutch in man!

Old 04-18-2012, 07:17 PM
jonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to all
400 miles of agony to break in the clutch.....
I am going with a EVOMS stage 3 with lightweight steel flywheel.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:03 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jonty
400 miles of agony to break in the clutch.....
I am going with a EVOMS stage 3 with lightweight steel flywheel.
A couple hundred miles with city driving in there and you should be good to go....

Old 05-29-2012, 07:46 PM
jonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to all
Well more upgrade since I am in Chicago for the summer I had to go see Markski @ 911 tuning and I ended up walking away with his BIG 4 1/2 " intercoolers and his boost leak checker setup ( no leaks ) I of course now want an exhaust , fuel pump setup, injectors and bigger Turbos LOL.
I put them in today and fitment could not have been easier, with the Meth I kept low IAT's with the old intercoolers but now i actually see the IAT's drop the higher the boost the colder it gets.
The car is also now RWD which I love, I am having a Wavetrac LSD, new clutch and front wheel bearings installed on thursday.
Here is the latest log

Last edited by jonty; 06-02-2012 at 06:51 AM.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:56 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Glad you like the ICs John... logs good good... Softronic did a goos job...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 06-02-2012, 06:49 AM
Well the front passenger side wheel bearing was shot and it turns out the tie rod boot was ripped so I am changing the tie rods as well. At least the front end noise should be gone. Old clutch is out. Wavetrac had shipped the wrong diff so I won't get the car back till next week now.

Old 10-13-2012, 08:33 AM
polar3 will become famous soon enoughpolar3 will become famous soon enough
Any updates jonty?? You ever get the clutch situation figured out??
Thanks

Old 10-13-2012, 06:34 PM
I did, I had received a defective slave cylinder as part of the kit from EVOMS, Tranny came back out and paid for 16 hrs of labour before it was identified and sorted, the EVOMS clutch was not put back in. EVOMS upon being contacted asked for the part to be returned. Once they received it they acknowledged the part was bad and the problem all along. Their remedy was to send me a check for $72.00 for the slave cylinder and told me to **CK OFF. The Shop a very long time EVOMS vendor still cant believe it and have offered to install a new clutch free but I will still have to pay the 2 grand for the new clutch.
Hopefully others will learn for my experience.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:08 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Do any 60-130 runs yet?

Old 11-30-2012, 04:29 AM
adelino is on a distinguished road
hi, do you you have your k16 exhaust for sale?