996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Heal-Toe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 03:04 PM
Banned
Life Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud of
Heal-Toe

How many people actually Heal-Toe? I mean, use their heal on the gas and toe on the brake. I've tried this technique 100 times and it is simple impossible for me size 12 foot to modulate the brake torque.

How many people Ball-Toe? Use the ball (right side of your foot to gas) and the toe (left side on gas) to "heal-toe". I thin Ball-Toe to be the most common method in people with larger feet.

Chris

Old 06-12-2005, 04:23 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
depends on the pedal layout. if the brake and gas pedal is farther apart true heel toe technique is necessary. The 996 lay out is ideal for ball toe.

Old 06-12-2005, 05:53 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
When first learning, I tried to heal-toe. It seemed impossible do. I then moved to the side of foot - toe method and have grown to find it to be quite comfortable.

Old 06-12-2005, 06:15 PM
Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !
Same here, kind of a left toe-right toe thing. Stupid clown feet...

Old 06-12-2005, 07:14 PM
FineProperty is infamous around these parts
Pedal layout is key. In the TT I can roll my foot (ball/toe) over to give it a blip, but in my Volvo my foot is high enough off the floor that my heal can give a full stab. I practice with both all the time on the way to work, someday I hope it will happen without having to think about it.

Old 06-12-2005, 07:19 PM
Banned
StephenTi is infamous around these parts
I usually heel-toe the traditional way... but, as some have said, it really depends on the pedal setup.

Old 06-12-2005, 07:33 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
I used to use mercurochrome to heal my toe, exspecially when I got an ingrown nail--that reallie sukd...

Old 06-12-2005, 07:37 PM
Verone24 is infamous around these partsVerone24 is infamous around these parts
you need some Addidas Tuscany or Puma Pit cat shoes

Old 06-12-2005, 07:44 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Heel and toe matches the rev and keep the rev up right? I don't do it.

Bc I have a tip! Oh let the flame begin!!!

Old 06-12-2005, 09:16 PM
MANA is infamous around these parts
I do it all the time. But it is more of a roll from the ball of my right foot to the side of my right foot. I also prefer to drive barefoot ... it helps me become "one with the car".

Old 06-12-2005, 09:34 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by MANA
I do it all the time. But it is more of a roll from the ball of my right foot to the side of my right foot. I also prefer to drive barefoot ... it helps me become "one with the car".
I don't understand the bare foot thing. It just seems to feel so wrong to me.

Old 06-12-2005, 10:17 PM
Banned
Life Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud of
HAHAHA... you guys totally missed the point of this thread. I have a foot fedish and was curious how many of you have BIG feet. You know what they say about big feet? OOPSIE... Did I just spill the beans?

Seriously, I've driven alot of cars and maybe its just me but I can never properly heal-toe. It totally offsets my brake pressure. Maybe I need more practice cause I see the guys in Japan do it all the time perfectly.

Old 06-12-2005, 10:28 PM
tjmpb is infamous around these parts
I have a question about heel-toe downshifting.

When I'm watching one of those car review shows, I hear the revs bump up in the turn, then the revs go back down. Sound-wise, the revs sound like they went right back down to where they were before the blip.

Doesn't that mean that they really didn't do it right? Shouldn't the downshift happen while the revs are still high, and then the revs should stay high or at least stay higher than they were before the heel-toe because the car is in the lower gear?

And how does one really MATCH the revs anyway? If done right, does one KNOW what the RPM's will be in the next lower gear and then blip them up to that number? Or is it just really "get the revs up some arbitrary amount by sound or feel so they'll be closer to those in the lower gear"?

Old 06-12-2005, 10:31 PM
Banned
The way I do it is by each gear. Each gear requires different amounts of throttle timing. Completely done by fell in my case.

If they are under braking, no. What you ask I am having trouble understanding.

Old 06-13-2005, 10:03 AM
Cs 911 is infamous around these parts
I ball toe on the 996, but I will heal toe on my friends 1972 2002. Just depends on the pedal layout.

Usually, if the accelerator is inverted, then you will ball-edge, but if it is a standard mount, then you can heel toe.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Heal-Toe