996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Deionized wash system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 09:47 PM
californian is on a distinguished road
Deionized wash system

Guys this is not an endorsement and I have no affiliation with CRSpotless. My turbo is black and you all know what that means. I bought a deionized wash system from www.crspotless.com based on their money back guarentee. The system worked exactly as promised. I won't be sending mine back! I used the filtered water to fill the soap bucket and rinse the car. Then I pulled it in the garage and then went out for the night. We took the wife's ride. The outside temp was about 68 degrees with a slight over cast. It was about two hours before sunset when I washed it. Anyway the next morning I pulled the car out and damn if there wasn't a single spot on the car. I was blown away. Do your own research but as an owner of a black car I'm always looking for anything that helps me keep it clean and I thought I'd share my experience with my fellow 6speeders. Richard

Old 06-13-2005, 09:53 PM
FineProperty is on a distinguished road
After the rain we've had, that makes me think you could rinse the car before pulling it in for the night just to keep all the road grime from adhering to the paint.

BTW, did you run in the PCA autocross today?

Old 06-13-2005, 09:53 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
that's the best way to wash cars anyways. any kind of touching & drying will scratch the car no matter what. touch free is the way to go. good job!

Old 06-13-2005, 09:56 PM
californian is on a distinguished road
FP, I was there but only for a short while. I had prior commitments. They had a good turnout and the course dried out about 11:00.

Old 06-13-2005, 10:01 PM
FineProperty is on a distinguished road
I sent you a PM.

Old 06-13-2005, 10:39 PM
JNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to all
I heard about something like this before, but it sounded too good to be true.

Thanks for the testimonial. I should really look into something like this. This will save a ton of time.

Old 06-13-2005, 10:46 PM
Vik
Vik has a spectacular aura aboutVik has a spectacular aura about
Re: Deionized wash system

Originally posted by californian
Guys this is not an endorsement and I have no affiliation with CRSpotless. My turbo is black and you all know what that means. I bought a deionized wash system from www.crspotless.com based on their money back guarentee. The system worked exactly as promised. I won't be sending mine back! I used the filtered water to fill the soap bucket and rinse the car. Then I pulled it in the garage and then went out for the night. We took the wife's ride. The outside temp was about 68 degrees with a slight over cast. It was about two hours before sunset when I washed it. Anyway the next morning I pulled the car out and damn if there wasn't a single spot on the car. I was blown away. Do your own research but as an owner of a black car I'm always looking for anything that helps me keep it clean and I thought I'd share my experience with my fellow 6speeders. Richard
The Mr.Clean Autodry works exactly the same, but for MUCH cheaper. The kit is only $30 and the refills are $6-$9.

Old 06-14-2005, 12:29 AM
Banned
Life Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud of
Re: Re: Deionized wash system

Originally posted by Vik
The Mr.Clean Autodry works exactly the same, but for MUCH cheaper. The kit is only $30 and the refills are $6-$9.
You buy mr. clean and i'll buy this. Sounds perfect for the house windows.

Old 06-14-2005, 12:39 AM
Johnfromjersey is on a distinguished road
the Mr Clean seems to work and appears the same concept as the one posted, but I still have to wonder how safe it is on your paint long term. These types of washes have only been on the market recently and Im not so sure they wont have any ill effects on the wax/polish job or on the paint itself. Does anyone know for sure?

Old 06-14-2005, 12:51 AM
Banned
Ferrarislave is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Johnfromjersey
the Mr Clean seems to work and appears the same concept as the one posted, but I still have to wonder how safe it is on your paint long term. These types of washes have only been on the market recently and Im not so sure they wont have any ill effects on the wax/polish job or on the paint itself. Does anyone know for sure?
It is is just water, just 100% pure water. The water spots you get are from the minerals left over after the water evaporates. They are 100% safe on your paint and will not remove any type of wax or anything else.

Old 06-14-2005, 01:26 AM
schnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant future
Originally posted by Ferrarislave
It is is just water, just 100% pure water. The water spots you get are from the minerals left over after the water evaporates. They are 100% safe on your paint and will not remove any type of wax or anything else.
While it isn't bad for your paint (hopefully), it doesn't really work that well. It's also not truly touchless, so really it's just for those than don't want to dry the car. I used it several times and it didn't work very well - I'll stick with good old fashioned hand washing and drying with good products - my paint never complained.

Old 06-14-2005, 02:36 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
You still have to wash the car, you just don't need to dry it. I heard you spend a lot of time and water rinsing. Plus, you have to use their soap.

Speaking of car wash, I got a sample of "bucket less car wash" from eagle one. You spray onto rinsed car and wash with a mitt but no bucket. I'll have to test it to see if it saves time.

Old 06-14-2005, 02:58 AM
Banned
red944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond repute
I have used DI (De-Ionized) water a few times on the car, never a spot. As said before the spots are from the minerals in the water that get left behind after drying. DI water is better for your paint (although probly no real difference) because there are no ions (minerals) in the water. Just in case someone is wonderinf DI has a resistivity of 18 M-ohm / cm.

When i wash with DI, I wash normally with tap water, rinse with tap, then rinse with DI. (mainly cause I dont have a DI tap at my house. I fill up jugs of DI from the lab I work in then take those home to rinse with)

DI water is also much better to use in your radiator then tap(no impurities to cause fouling).

Old 06-14-2005, 04:37 AM
Curves4S will become famous soon enough
my parents have a soft water system at their house....i wash my car there and hook the hose up to it.... as pure as you can get...

Old 06-14-2005, 06:04 AM
Cruzin is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Thanks, your sharing just taught me about deionized water. I have been using spot free water filter & softner for about a month now and I really like it a lot, but I've been drying my car right away using a powerful electric leaf blower.

I wash the wheels last and then blow dry them as well.

Regards,
Craig

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Deionized wash system