996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

45k to spend 2007 z06 or 996 tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 08:05 AM
jdmjess is on a distinguished road
thanks guy the 996 of THEBK on the forum look fantastic i will contact an importer to see how much it can cost it have everything a want already

Old 10-12-2012, 12:08 PM
ADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to behold
"a good set of coilovers with camber plates and pillow ***** included and a rear sway will do the trick."
ChaChing $$
Brings me to what I was trying to point out earlier… Porsche parts are super spendy! Good coil over sets range from 5-10K. I am assuming the sway bar isn't that bad but I have gotten myself in a lot of trouble with assumptions before.

As for the body kits go, I think the GT2 is still the best looking. I might be biased a bit but just adding a Gt2 front and a rear bumper make a huge difference. Just don't put the badge…hehehe
The wing is a lot better too. How much less does a GT2 wing weigh versus the TT one with the stuff that makes the wing go up and down? I am not too fond of the side-skirts that come with most of those kits either.

Wheels and tires would be a great place to start!! That always makes a day and night difference. Both in looks and handling. I love Toyo 888s

Old 10-12-2012, 12:49 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ADAMNSONS
"a good set of coilovers with camber plates and pillow ***** included and a rear sway will do the trick."
ChaChing $$
Brings me to what I was trying to point out earlier… Porsche parts are super spendy! Good coil over sets range from 5-10K. I am assuming the sway bar isn't that bad but I have gotten myself in a lot of trouble with assumptions before.

As for the body kits go, I think the GT2 is still the best looking. I might be biased a bit but just adding a Gt2 front and a rear bumper make a huge difference. Just don't put the badge…hehehe
The wing is a lot better too. How much less does a GT2 wing weigh versus the TT one with the stuff that makes the wing go up and down? I am not too fond of the side-skirts that come with most of those kits either.

Wheels and tires would be a great place to start!! That always makes a day and night difference. Both in looks and handling. I love Toyo 888s
Coilovers with labor will cost you probably about 5k unless you find some good used ones or DIY. A rear sway bar is a few hundred bucks.

I personally do not care for the aero kit wing at all. It's by far the heaviest, and is not good looking at all. The stock wing with hydraulics is not THAT heavy. About 35 lbs, decklid and all. You can probably save 15 lbs or so there with a good aftermarket unit, don't know what authentic GT2 weighs in at though. I agree though, the GT2 rear wing looks best, I happen to like the techart piece on front, but authentic it's super expensive and if not, super heavy. For the rear wing the real GT2 one is costly too, getty makes them light for not too much $$$.

With all mentioned, we are easily talking 20k in wheels, tires, suspension, aero (prep, paint) labor with a tune exhaust.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:39 PM
ADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to behold
Might be a good idea to look for a GT2 which comes with all the aero, coil overs, adjustable sway bars, bigger turbos n intercoolers, etc. etc.
Most likely they would have upgrades and a set of wheels by now too

Old 10-13-2012, 07:44 PM
tscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
vette- plastiuc interior, see them on every corner.
porsche- all leather interior , rare and sought after. i was beating z06 vettes at the track in my v6 amg with my turbo its no contest
I call BS.

Old 10-13-2012, 09:11 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tscales
I call BS.
i posted the video. no need to b.s. i back my runs up with video. 1 vid in my slk32 and 1 vid in my 996tt from the point of view from the z06. he got to see my license plate all the way down the track.