996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

abs light and psm failure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 05:44 PM
#9shooter has a spectacular aura about#9shooter has a spectacular aura about#9shooter has a spectacular aura about
abs light and psm failure

I just got a 2002 996tt and had the abs light and psm failure come on put a computer on it and said pressure sensor. is this a pain to change or can I do it myself? any info would help thanks

Old 12-24-2012, 08:50 PM
Wolk's Wagon will become famous soon enoughWolk's Wagon will become famous soon enough
MAF failure

Old 12-24-2012, 09:14 PM
pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !
Charge your battery first, I had that with low battery voltage. Faulty MAF usually causes P5525 "Torque transmission disturbed at times" with P115.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:25 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Post deleted....Sorry, wrong diagnostic....May be too much wine last night

Last edited by jpflip; 12-25-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:05 AM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
How many miles are on the car? Any mods? Did the failure just come out of nowhere and it's still running fine, or did the car start acting funny/weird and then the light came on?

Old 12-25-2012, 01:50 AM
pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !
I assumed that the fault was ABS/PSM related Fault code 4460:

Pressure sensor
Diagnostic conditions
• Pressure sensor actual value is evaluated and displays an
implausible value
Possible cause of fault
♦ Short circuit to ground/voltage or open circuit in circuit to control
module terminals 25, 26 and 42
♦ Plug connection on stop light switch faulty
♦ Adjustment of the stop light switch not OK
♦ Wiring/ plug connection faulty
♦ Pressure sensor faulty (replace hydraulic unit)
Affected terminals
Terminals 25, 26 and 42

Old 12-25-2012, 05:28 AM
VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !
I'm having this same trouble since I bought my car. They both go of when I'm in full boost for an extended period of time. Is that how yours comes on? Not sure what I need to do.

Old 12-25-2012, 07:09 AM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Would be nice to have the exact code ...Pete answer is more plausible but I know the pressure sensor inside the abs unit cannot be replaced....

Last edited by jpflip; 12-25-2012 at 07:27 AM.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:05 PM
#9shooter has a spectacular aura about#9shooter has a spectacular aura about#9shooter has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by VGLNTE1
I'm having this same trouble since I bought my car. They both go of when I'm in full boost for an extended period of time. Is that how yours comes on? Not sure what I need to do.
It comes on more often now but has nothing to do with speed and the battery. I say this because battery is new It comes in sometimes when I start it and touch the break peddle. The brakes feel like anti locks are kicking In and I'm barely touching the peddle.

Old 12-25-2012, 12:07 PM
Thanks for some of the input keep you posted when I figure it out.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:38 AM
timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !
try insulating the wiring loom that runs to the maf I had the psm abs problems for two years I tried everything to fix it. I finally figured out the loom needed insulation from my metal 3" y pipe. all i did was wrap the loom in some plastic wiring insulation and have the top of the maf turned around so the wiring faces fwd. PM me for pics if your interested in trying this solution.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:05 PM
Twinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud of
My 2003 had same problem with the same fault readout. Problem got progressively worse over time (PSM intervening more and more when not needed). Turned out to be a failing break pedal (stop light) switch. I only found out when my brake lights finally stopped working. Installed new switch (about $24) and it solved everything.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:03 AM
I heard about this was goimg to look into that did your breaks feel like the anti lock was kicking in ? and is it a easy do it yourself fix ? im handy just never worked on cars much

Old 12-28-2012, 01:23 PM
Twinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud ofTwinturbofan has much to be proud of
Simple to replace

Yes, the stability management system uses the abs system and it feels as if abs is activated, sometimes on a single wheel, when it is not needed. It is simple to replace, the part actually snaps into place. Good luck.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:31 PM
thanks for all the info guys

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: abs light and psm failure