996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Water Methanol injection installation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 09:35 PM
forcefed1 is on a distinguished road
Water Methanol injection installation

I just bought an Aquamist HFS-3 kit through EPL. Its a pile of stuff to install. I was curious where any of you guys have mounted your pump and tank and gauge. Do you have any pictures?

I was able to tuck my pump right to the right side of teh battery under that cover there on the passenger side. I only see one option for teh tall narrow 6quart tank. IN the front trunk.
But what about the Gauge? I hate pillar mounts. and I don't have a glove box. I currently have the stock Nav system which Ill never use. Im thinking about putting the gauge in a custom Pod right under the nav stereo where the stock nav DVD is currently. Maybe Ill mould up some sexy shaply holder there. What do you guys think? Where is a good spot to mount this stuff?

Old 01-17-2013, 09:56 PM
JSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond repute
Old 01-18-2013, 06:21 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Here is how I did mine...
Pump and 1.5 gallon tank in the front, guage in the passenger vent...just move interior sensor back out of the way..almost fits perfect...

Just double check that the pump doesn't need to be gravity fed...meaning the pump needs to be lower than the tank...

Attached Images     

Last edited by ttboost; 01-18-2013 at 06:24 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:53 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Since you purchased this kit from EPL and they are one of the leaders of installing and tuning them, wouldn't EPL be the best to help you on installation direction?

Just a thought.

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

Old 01-18-2013, 06:52 PM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost
Here is how I did mine...
Pump and 1.5 gallon tank in the front, guage in the passenger vent...just move interior sensor back out of the way..almost fits perfect...

Just double check that the pump doesn't need to be gravity fed...meaning the pump needs to be lower than the tank...
The gage isn't in the passenger air vent it is in the cabin air temp air intake opening.

There should have been a fan behind there somewhere which circulates cabin air over a temp sensor which feeds temp to the cabin heater/AC system.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:03 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Macster
The gage isn't in the passenger air vent it is in the cabin air temp air intake opening.

There should have been a fan behind there somewhere which circulates cabin air over a temp sensor which feeds temp to the cabin heater/AC system.

Hmmm, I seem to recall a sensor, on a clip, with a wire..but hey, I could be wrong...it's been few years...whatever was there, I moved down towards the passender foot well...under the glove compartment...to put th guage in it's spot...

Old 01-18-2013, 09:09 PM
forcefed1 is on a distinguished road
I know EPL can help but i was looking for what you guys had to show. Maybe see some other options.

TTBOOST
I had actually seen your post with those pictures some time back before I decited to get my own kit in the works. I do like that location for the guage too.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:03 AM
It might take most of a day to do the install. Run your lines carefully and protect them when and where you can. I put the control module in the ECU tray and the flow sensor in the engine compartment. Awesome kit and works flawlessly. I hope to do another one soon...

Old 01-20-2013, 12:29 AM
GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !
It might take most of a day to do the install. Run your lines carefully and protect them when and where you can. I put the control module in the ECU tray and the flow sensor in the engine compartment. Awesome kit and works flawlessly. I hope to do another one soon...
I put the control module in the arm rest, just wondering didn't you have to adjust the controller every once in awhile? I had more difficulties setting the fail safes on the gauge than anything. (WL and WH) just can't get it not to trigger fail safes. It's hard to tune while driving! I will upload a few pics when back in town.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:01 AM
Originally Posted by SLVR-GTstreet
I put the control module in the arm rest, just wondering didn't you have to adjust the controller every once in awhile? I had more difficulties setting the fail safes on the gauge than anything. (WL and WH) just can't get it not to trigger fail safes. It's hard to tune while driving! I will upload a few pics when back in town.
Yeah..it is kind of a pain at first. Best way is to take someone with you on a hwy drive..he or she drives and you adjust guage...Once it's set, should never have to mess with it again..I never did...I set mine so the red lights go about 1/2 to 2/3...

Old 01-25-2013, 06:11 PM
joe731 is a splendid one to beholdjoe731 is a splendid one to beholdjoe731 is a splendid one to beholdjoe731 is a splendid one to beholdjoe731 is a splendid one to beholdjoe731 is a splendid one to beholdjoe731 is a splendid one to behold
Tanks

If you drive the car hard, do what I had EPL do for me. I had them put a six quart tank in (like tt's) and then put a one quart below it and put the float in the one quart. The idea is that the 6 qt feeds the one quart and you avoid the float signaling no meth in hard turns. The only downside is that if you run down the one quart bleeding it back to full is a bit of a pain.

Dave at EPL did mine and I love it

Last edited by joe731; 01-26-2013 at 10:51 AM.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:20 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joe731
If you drive the car hard, do what I had EPL do for me. I had them put a six quart tank in (like tt's) and then put a one quart below it and put the float in the one quart. The idea is that the 6 qt feeds the one quart and you avoid the float signaling no meth in hard turns. The only downside is that if you run down the one quart bleeding it back to full is a bit of a pain.

Dave at EPL did mine and I love it
How much hp/tq did you pick up with the system and how much more boost were you able to run (or did most of your power come from timing)?

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

Old 04-12-2013, 05:29 AM
For ME, we picked up between 50-70whp...that was with 1.30-1.35bar and llikely more timing also...
That got me almost 600whp...made over 600whp with MS109 and spraying 50/50

Old 04-12-2013, 06:59 AM
For ME, we picked up between 50-70whp...that was with 1.30-1.35bar and llikely more timing also...
That got me almost 600whp...made over 600whp with MS109 and spraying 50/50
Nice!

When you picked up 50-70 what pump fuel where you running octane wise 91, 92, 93 or 94?

What intercoolers are you running?

If you don't mind sharing your mod list?

The reason I am asking is I am looking to do water/meth and intercooler upgrade and would like to know which is the best parts bang for the buck parts wise. i am leaning towards 911 Marski's direct fit 3.5 or 4.5 as I can use my stock piping. I am hoping to pick up 80AWHP with the both and as per EPL they estimated 70-90 on their dyno.

Any thoughts or recommendation?

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

Last edited by Bobbyfali; 04-12-2013 at 08:04 AM.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:19 AM
Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !
Doesn't our car already have a low washer fluid sensor in the stock tank and a low washer fluid light in the dash?

On my other cars, I simply T'd into the line running from the stock tank to the stock pump. This way I didn't have to give up my washer fluid to wash the windshield.

When the meth pump kicked on it would pull from the tank and when I needed to clean my windshield, the stock pump would pull fluid from the tank.

I always ran the the washer fluid (that contains methanol). This is basically 50% methanol, 48% distilled water and 2% detergents. This was recommended by Aquamist at the time.

On my Cobra kit car, I installed an aftermarket tank and fluid level sensor, and the gauge bounced around quite a bit. The stock fluid level sensors are much more stable and typically activate a light on the dash.

Later, Steve

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Water Methanol injection installation