996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Water Methanol injection installation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 08:06 PM
Shaman is a splendid one to beholdShaman is a splendid one to beholdShaman is a splendid one to beholdShaman is a splendid one to beholdShaman is a splendid one to beholdShaman is a splendid one to beholdShaman is a splendid one to beholdShaman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Tony@epl
This is what we did in joe731's car. Gravity fed sump tank... The bottom tank is is always full with no "sloshing". Perfect for track use!

Surge tank. Might I suggest running a hose from the top of the bottom tank to the top of the top tank? This, or using a big (1/2" or more) hose for feeding bottom tank from top, will allow air to escape from the bottom tank if any gets in. You can find quick connect hose and fittings at Home Depot in larger than 1/4".

Originally Posted by Fadi
are you injecting by boost or by IDC?
Unless your car fuels purely on pressure (carb or early mechanical diesel), IDC is a better way to fuel an engine. Some people have experienced, and RIchard from Aquamist will tell you the same, meth flow being different in each gear, and getting knock in the higher gears when they tuned for the meth in 3rd or 4th.

Last edited by Shaman; 05-31-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:52 AM
Fadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting! Didnt know that, so this is because we need more meth in the higher gears or why does knock appear ?

Old 06-03-2013, 08:50 AM
joe731 is a splendid one to beholdjoe731 is a splendid one to beholdjoe731 is a splendid one to beholdjoe731 is a splendid one to beholdjoe731 is a splendid one to beholdjoe731 is a splendid one to beholdjoe731 is a splendid one to behold
Hose

That's a really good idea Shaman. Is there any special requirement for the type of quick connect hose used given the methanol? Do I start in the plumbing department and just ask for quick connect hoses and fittings?

Just trying to save some research time.

Thanks

Old 05-31-2018, 10:25 PM
Tony.911 is an unknown quantity at this point
nice!!!

Old 06-02-2018, 06:50 PM
infinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by joe731
That's a really good idea Shaman. Is there any special requirement for the type of quick connect hose used given the methanol? Do I start in the plumbing department and just ask for quick connect hoses and fittings?

Just trying to save some research time.

Thanks
I used some jiffy-tite quick disconnects in my other car with meth so I could disconnect the tank for more trunk room. The disconnects are rated for methanol and they seal on both ends when disconnected, so no leaking from either end. They are costly, but well worth it. They sell all types of ends, just make sure you get the version that is methanol rated as they make them for all types of fuels.