996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
View Poll Results: Which tire size would you choose?
315/25/19
37.50%
305/30/19
62.50%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Which tire size looks better.... 305 vs 315. Pic inside

Old 02-06-2013, 11:04 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
One is short and one is tall you know. But the taller both looks better (meatier) and will work better I agree.

Sam

Old 02-06-2013, 04:39 PM
King James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond repute
I like the 305, its just meatier looking on the back. Sort of drag-racer-fast-larger-tire-on-the-back meatier, if that make sense

Old 02-07-2013, 10:38 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
You do get a little more contact patch and conformity too as well as gearing. Helps with big power.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:49 AM
mrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond repute
I had the same problem with my setup after I bought my Champion RS98's and I couldn't find 315/25/19's anywhere . I went to 305/30/19s and it took a while to get used to it but after a while when I found 315/25/19's again and put them back on...the 315's looked skinny!
To answer your poll, i think the 305's actually look better. I am lowered 1" and have no rubbing issues on the rear. The front is another story though. Because I had to up my size in front to keep the revs between the front and rear in sync they do rub quite a bit when turning too sharply.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:00 PM
cord4530 is on a distinguished road
What is your goal for this choice? You thinking purely cosmetics when parked? Or are you considering ride quality, and possible damage to the wheel from potholes?

If it's just for show, then the 315 is probably the clear winner. But I would much prefer the taller 305 when actually driving the car. Actually, I might prever a 315/30R18, but I doubt that's an option your considering.
-Dan

Old 02-11-2013, 11:46 PM
Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !
I prefer the 305s, in terms of both looks and performance. But looking at the responses here, it's clear that people's opinions vary. That includes yours - so get what YOU like and drive the hell out of it! It's gorgeous.

-V

Old 02-12-2013, 12:30 PM
Hams996TT will become famous soon enoughHams996TT will become famous soon enough
Man I've loved your car for a long time! The look is beautiful with the C93's on it. Personally speaking I think the meaty look of the 305 looks killer on your car; it seems to have a more purposeful look and I bet the ride quality is much better too. Who cares about ride height?? - Go for functional sir. I think either way looks good but 305 looks even better!

Chris.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:46 AM
Former Vendor
Chris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond repute
Ascetically I would go with the 315 because it matches the front set up.

Everyone has some valid points - just guess its to whatever you want to achieve.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:04 PM
Steve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by pwdrhound
I just removed my almost new Michelin 235/35/19 and 315/25/19 PS2s and replaced them with Bridgestone 235/35/19 and 305/30/19 N1 RE50As. The Bridgestone 305 is substantially wider than the Michelin 315.. My car is RWD/LSD.
This may be a dumb question, but how can the width of one tire mfr be different than another? 315mm=315mm, correct? And to that point, how can a 305 from one mfr be wider than 315 of another?

Any insight is appreciated because I am in the process of buying all new rubber and I am kind of torn on what to go with.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:59 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Steve B.
This may be a dumb question, but how can the width of one tire mfr be different than another? 315mm=315mm, correct? And to that point, how can a 305 from one mfr be wider than 315 of another?

Any insight is appreciated because I am in the process of buying all new rubber and I am kind of torn on what to go with.
Have no idea but the Bridgestone RE050A N1 305/30/19 is almost an inch wider that my 315/25/19 PS2. The Bridgestone sits much more square in the same 19x12 rim than the PS2 which was much more pinched. I wish I would have taken a picture with the two tires side by side.

Old 02-22-2013, 02:47 PM
Hams996TT will become famous soon enoughHams996TT will become famous soon enough
Have no idea but the Bridgestone RE050A N1 305/30/19 is almost an inch wider that my 315/25/19 PS2. The Bridgestone sits much more square in the same 19x12 rim than the PS2 which was much more pinched. I wish I would have taken a picture with the two tires side by side.
I'm not an authority on the matter, but I believe the number one would compare would be the section width listed for the tire, not the tread width.

I've noticed the section width listed for the Bridgestone N1 tire is 12.6" compared to a regular Bridgestone RE050A at 12", which means the tire is actually a 1/2" wider.

But I am trying to find out the section width on the PS2 315

Old 02-22-2013, 08:59 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Hams996TT
I'm not an authority on the matter, but I believe the number one would compare would be the section width listed for the tire, not the tread width.

I've noticed the section width listed for the Bridgestone N1 tire is 12.6" compared to a regular Bridgestone RE050A at 12", which means the tire is actually a 1/2" wider.

But I am trying to find out the section width on the PS2 315
Comparing one manufacturers sizing numbers to another manufacturer is pretty meaningless.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:04 AM
Steve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to behold
Comparing one manufacturers sizing numbers to another manufacturer is pretty meaningless.
So Michelin 315mm does not equal Bridgestone 315mm...?

Old 02-23-2013, 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by Steve B.
So Michelin 315mm does not equal Bridgestone 315mm...?
Clearly not...

Old 02-23-2013, 03:57 PM
Clearly not...
Hmm, ok. Section width. Got it. So how did you like the Bridgestones?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Which tire size looks better.... 305 vs 315. Pic inside