996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

VIDEO - SpeedTech 3" X-Pipe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 02:01 AM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
VIDEO - SpeedTech 3" X-Pipe

For those of you that have been asking...we finally got around to installing one of our full 3" X-Pipes today and shot some audio/video. I hope you enjoy it, as much as we enjoyed making it. We thought this system sounded phenomenal, especially in person!

SpeedTech X-Pipe advantages include:
  • Hi-Flow 100 cell catalytic converters with propietary SpeedTech laser jet cut flanges, flow matched to the BW KKK Porsche OEM turbos. We do not use off the shelf 3" turbo flanges - we make our own larger diameter flanges for improved flow.
  • Optional catless "RACE" pipes, in lieu of Hi-Flow cats
  • Heavy duty support brackets with mounting straps to keep the weight off the turbos and headers, eliminating long term fatique and potential subsequent failure
  • Modular design. Our system sound and/or performance can be altered at minimal expense with SpeedTech components that are readily available. Examples would be going from 2.5 to 3.0, catted to catless, tip choice, etc. This means you are not locked in to any one performance, sound or appearance level with any SpeedTech X-Pipe. It is even possible to substitute our X-cellerator X-Flow mufflers for the X-Pipe at any time.
  • Standard dual wall, polished stainless steel tips will not permanently discolor or stain from heat like single wall tips and can always be very easily polished to a new car show room finish! Perfect for car shows and easy maintenance.
  • 100% T-304 stainless steel construction
  • Extensive sound testing/engineering. We have tried most every variation of the "X" design, all the tip designs, etc. to arrive at what we consider the best sounding "X-Flow" systems we have ever heard. Our perceptions are backed up and echoed repeatedly on our testimonials web page.
  • Customer service before, during and after the sale! Once you purchase from SpeeedTech, we do not forget about you, but rather you become a member of our SpeedTech family and we are always there for you...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	996TT_X_Pipe_2_logo.sized.jpg
Views:	517
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	335206  
Attached Images   
2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos

Last edited by John@SpeedTech; 02-17-2014 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:02 AM
birgppa is on a distinguished road
Sounds good!

Old 03-03-2013, 05:08 AM
911turborookie is on a distinguished road
Drone ?

Old 03-03-2013, 07:00 AM
Banned
2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future
now that sounds good Porsche tt's should come from the factory like that meaty.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:56 AM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
Nice! You guys still have a bit of snow up there-

Old 03-03-2013, 09:28 AM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 911turborookie
Drone ?
Very little for a 3" system, it's gone once over 3,000 RPM's. I put 100 miles on the car yesterday, including some highway and found it very comfortable while cruising. A little drone at slower speeds, but not bad at all - very livable and a lot of fun hearing the sound this piece makes - extremely enjoyable overall, you have to want a loud system that screams at WOT- it's not for the faint of heart. Reminds me of driving an F430 - they are loud and high pitched in the cabin - this is very similar, which is very exciting for a Porsche turbo. It's tame at idle, but blip the throttle and there is no mistaking it's a wild system! It just sings...We have learned how to minimize drone by design over the years and this X-Pipe demonstrates that experience.

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white

Last edited by John@SpeedTech; 03-03-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:36 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by 2swoosh
now that sounds good Porsche tt's should come from the factory like that meaty.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Etchhead
Nice! You guys still have a bit of snow up there-
Thanks. Yea, but fortunately, it will all be gone soon. I normally do not use the car winters, but it was a good day and I had a few customers that wanted to hear this system, so I took it out for a day of testing - we also did the new "wide angle tip" testing, earlier in the day. The car is now safely tucked away again, but i've got the itch now :-)

2022 Cayenne White
Old 03-03-2013, 12:36 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Can you get a clip with no cats, being I do not have cats no more on my system. I would love to hear it raw!

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

Old 03-03-2013, 01:06 PM
BlackSwan is just really niceBlackSwan is just really niceBlackSwan is just really niceBlackSwan is just really nice
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
Can you get a clip with no cats, being I do not have cats no more on my system. I would love to hear it raw!

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba
+1 I'd also like to hear that setup

Old 03-03-2013, 01:46 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Sounds good! Nice work guys.

Old 03-03-2013, 02:11 PM
996landjet has a spectacular aura about996landjet has a spectacular aura about
Sounds awesome John! I love my 2.5 quiet X more and more. Especially WOT... there's nothing quiet about it! It makes me smile every time I open it up. Nice jobe with the new design!

Last edited by 996landjet; 03-12-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:20 PM
aggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud of
My 2.5 quiet X is shipping to me now. I should have it on next week. Can't wait!

Old 03-03-2013, 05:45 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba
+1 I'd also like to hear that setup

I can, but it will not be for a little while...the car is back in winter storage (I just took it out on a good day for this video) and I have a few other projects in process right now...

In the mean time, I will offer that when going from catted to catless, catless is a couple of notches up the ladder louder and has a slightly more hollow bark - this system is very aggressive, catless is even more so. The video gives you a good idea of what it would be either catted or catless. For catless, just think a little louder, a little more aggressive and you have it. The sound is similar in overall nature.

2022 Cayenne White
Old 03-03-2013, 06:10 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
Sounds good! Nice work guys.
Thanks, Steve - There are a lot of great SpeedTech choices for the 996TT

Originally Posted by 996landjet
Sounds awesome John! I love my 2.5 quite X more and more. Especially WOT... there's nothing quite about it! It makes me smile every time I open it up. Nice job with the new design!
Thanks. I feel the exact same way about our 2.5 - I use it on my personal car and I too, smile every time I open it up and I have had mine on a lot longer than you....so it doesn't get old and if you are like me, you have many years of happy Porsche/SpeedTech motoring ahead of you to enjoy!

If you ever want it louder for a change, you can always throw on an X-Pipe for some weekend fun - it's modular...just sayin....

Originally Posted by aggk
My 2.5 quiet X is shipping to me now. I should have it on next week. Can't wait!
Alex, I can imagine that this must be a very exciting time for you! There is something about ordering and installing "mods" that is such great fun! I'm happy for you...

2022 Cayenne White
Old 03-03-2013, 06:40 PM
aggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud of
John, my neighbor above me on the road can already hear me coming and going. Wonder what he'll say after the new exhaust is on

At least he's a car nut.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VIDEO - SpeedTech 3" X-Pipe