996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

swapping my a28 for a3076 same setup gain?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 09:16 AM
mtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond repute
swapping my a28 for a3076 same setup gain?

hey guys ,the difference between a2868 and a3076 same setup at about 1.4 1.5 bar? can i get at least 50hp at same boost level ,same fuel,of course with tuning adjustment?
thx for helping

Old 03-01-2014, 09:28 AM
dynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to behold
I dont think it is a good choice to run 1.4bar A30/76 on just pump on stock engine,run water/meth with the A30/76 you will gain about 80whp over A28s.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:41 AM
mtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dynamic gt2
I dont think it is a good choice to run 1.4bar A30/76 on just pump on stock engine,run water/meth with the A30/76 you will gain about 80whp over A28s.
i am sorry that was not the question ! lets talk apple with apple +a3076...
Meth is out of this discussion!

Old 03-01-2014, 10:34 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
your A3076s will push more air and the car on injectors alone will start to lean out at 1.25 bar and above on 60 lbs alone... thus you need to address the fueling issue...
we add another pump in series...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 03-01-2014, 10:35 AM
Former Vendor
Emmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mtlsp
i am sorry that was not the question ! lets talk apple with apple +a3076...
Meth is out of this discussion!
Definitely more power but for stock motor I would stick with A28's. You will have a better powerband and they are more than enough to max out the stock internals.

Old 03-01-2014, 11:51 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Emmanuele Design
Definitely more power but for stock motor I would stick with A28's. You will have a better powerband and they are more than enough to max out the stock internals.

Actually the A28 will hit harder and lower ,thus putting more stress on the motor> where as the 3076s can be tuned to the engines limits on the big end without the lower end shock of the A28..
Yes on the big end with more fuel you should gain some upper mid to top end power..
Listen to Markski..

Old 03-01-2014, 01:36 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
going from the 2868 to 3076 is there more power available yes, but you also need more fuel.

Old 03-01-2014, 04:46 PM
Former Vendor
Emmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by johnspeed
Actually the A28 will hit harder and lower ,thus putting more stress on the motor> where as the 3076s can be tuned to the engines limits on the big end without the lower end shock of the A28..
Yes on the big end with more fuel you should gain some upper mid to top end power..
Listen to Markski..
It depends how you tune the boost onset. They can be tuned to come in earlier yet still produce great top end.

Old 03-02-2014, 06:22 AM
thx guys for input!i did not find any dyno or 60-130 to compare for the swap ! so i might do it ...

Old 03-02-2014, 09:46 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Emmanuele Design
It depends how you tune the boost onset. They can be tuned to come in earlier yet still produce great top end.

Hi,Please explain above..Thanks
3076's will never come on as hard or strong down low as 28's..The nature of the turbo.
And if you could ,why would you delay the 28's because that's what most get them for the low end response?
The low end fast/hard hit is whats hard on the engine, not the top end pull within limits.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:58 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Simple answer is yes with just an inline pump and re-tune as suggested. I like 28's too. But you will have a fuller top and more potential with the 30. Moves quite a bit more air. I have them in stock if you need!

Old 03-03-2014, 12:10 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by johnspeed
Hi,Please explain above..Thanks
3076's will never come on as hard or strong down low as 28's..The nature of the turbo.
And if you could ,why would you delay the 28's because that's what most get them for the low end response?
The low end fast/hard hit is whats hard on the engine, not the top end pull within limits.
You mentioned that they will hit harder in the low end. What I am saying is that you can limit the initial boost onset to lower the torque spike, but run more boost up top to produce larger horsepower numbers. Done correctly, this allows you to enjoy the quick spool of A28's while still maximizing their horsepower potential. While it won't match A30's up top, it will make for a fantastic powerband on stock motor.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:21 PM
If you were going to limit the low end then on 28s,,why wouldn't you choose 30s to give you more top end power and have the option with them to go with future builds?
I guess it's all in the power band wanted..
Just my thoughts here..

Old 03-03-2014, 12:42 PM
Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mtlsp
hey guys ,the difference between a2868 and a3076 same setup at about 1.4 1.5 bar? can i get at least 50hp at same boost level ,same fuel,of course with tuning adjustment?
thx for helping
I don't think anyone asked this, but what is the modification list for you car?

(power and fueling wise)

Old 03-03-2014, 12:52 PM
3inch straight X pipe,gt700 fuel kit,72 lb injectors, gt2rs IC's,maestro 7 program
looking for 650whp pump 700whp c16 stock engine

Originally Posted by Wealth Manager
I don't think anyone asked this, but what is the modification list for you car?

(power and fueling wise)

Last edited by mtlsp; 03-03-2014 at 01:00 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: swapping my a28 for a3076 same setup gain?