996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Installing a second air duct for the air box?? Dual snorkel.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 10:58 AM
awdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant future
Installing a second air duct for the air box?? Dual snorkel.

I just saw this air duct on the evoms webpage. What are the chances of using this as a secondary air duct on the opposite side of the air box?

I added the link, but was unable to add a pic.

http://www.evoms.com/EVOMS_Porsche_C..._p/cf996id.htm

Old 03-17-2014, 11:06 AM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by awdbiturbo1
I just saw this air duct on the evoms webpage. What are the chances of using this as a secondary air duct on the opposite side of the air box? I added the link, but was unable to add a pic. http://www.evoms.com/EVOMS_Porsche_C..._p/cf996id.htm
Why not go with the agency power one. They make a complete solution.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:18 AM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
i have the a/p box for sale with the snorkel and k&n filter

Old 03-18-2014, 03:18 AM
johnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud of
I just fitted my AP, not too bad a job BUT sxtill think I need to get the snorkel lined up with the intake in the box better

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040082_zpse518b32f.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	348206   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040083_zps11aa272b.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	173.2 KB
ID:	348207  
Old 03-18-2014, 05:38 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnny.dangerous
I just fitted my AP, not too bad a job BUT sxtill think I need to get the snorkel lined up with the intake in the box better

if you remove the foam around the snorkel and order the opposite side rubber gasket its a better fit

Old 03-18-2014, 05:56 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Use can use insulating foam,, as I did, same thing.
And trim the hole a little better to liner up.

Last edited by johnspeed; 03-18-2014 at 05:59 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:45 AM
johnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud of
I need to force my airbox into the engine a little I think to get it to line up. Good tip about the rubber gasket on the stock snorkel !!!! I used some self adhesive trim we had lieing around.

Old 03-19-2014, 05:20 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Leave your stock air box and stock paper filter right where it is....in your car...the only benefit to removing it is going to fender well intakes....you'll have nothing but MAF issues...

Old 03-19-2014, 05:42 AM
Originally Posted by ttboost
Leave your stock air box and stock paper filter right where it is....in your car...the only benefit to removing it is going to fender well intakes....you'll have nothing but MAF issues...
How so you are not forcing more air through the box the turbos are sucking it through just like they normally do. The idea of the MAF is to meter the amount of air that goes past it, it has some lee way as the amount of air it can meter but this should not be a problem even on a mapped car, my car has no MAF issues and is on a K&N and a twin feed box running 1.2 bar boost !!!!!

Last edited by johnny.dangerous; 03-19-2014 at 05:50 AM.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:42 AM
antagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant futureantagron has a brilliant future
I've been tempted by the Agency Power upgrade... is it worth it? Does it basically just look cool? Does it give a noticeable power boost? Are the MAF issues real?

Old 03-19-2014, 08:36 AM
TXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by antagron
I've been tempted by the Agency Power upgrade... is it worth it? Does it basically just look cool? Does it give a noticeable power boost? Are the MAF issues real?
Running the box itself with the dual snorkel shouldn't give any MAF issues. The consensus is that using an oiled filter is what can cause issues. Keep the stock filter and you should be fine.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:01 AM
HIX
HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !
If anyone is interested in playing around with it, I've got this for sale for $100. Carbon Snorkel for the Agency power BOX. You could cut a second hole in your stock box and fit this on. (Might just keep it and do that myself!)

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	tcbe.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	300.1 KB
ID:	348679   Click image for larger version

Name:	ra0n.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	288.7 KB
ID:	348680  
Old 03-19-2014, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by TXTurbo996
Running the box itself with the dual snorkel shouldn't give any MAF issues. The consensus is that using an oiled filter is what can cause issues. Keep the stock filter and you should be fine.
There is a video apparently on the K&N site of a MAF sprayed in K&N oil and not causing any issues at all, I would imagine a lot of issues with the MAF's arise from the fact a K&N is fitted when a map is installed and this finds the weak spots in old MAF, put a new Bosch MAF in and you will have no problems, I have new MAF, K&N AP dual air box and no MAF issues.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by antagron
I fitted mine to complement the shortly coming mods im doing, Tial bodied Alpha28's, Carillos, Bigger plenum, TB and manifolds, 1000cc injectors and Syvecs ECU with GT3 Exhaust cams and flowed heads. As we are losing the MAF and running off MAP we will run much bigger feeds to the turbo from the back of the airbox as I just hate the fenderwell abortions I see which seem a really bad idea IMO

Old 03-19-2014, 09:51 AM
TXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by johnny.dangerous
There is a video apparently on the K&N site of a MAF sprayed in K&N oil and not causing any issues at all, I would imagine a lot of issues with the MAF's arise from the fact a K&N is fitted when a map is installed and this finds the weak spots in old MAF, put a new Bosch MAF in and you will have no problems, I have new MAF, K&N AP dual air box and no MAF issues.
Depends on the MAF. Some are much more sensitive than others.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installing a second air duct for the air box?? Dual snorkel.