996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Buyer beware 911 motorsport wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 03:26 PM
Banned
Prototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to behold
Buyer beware 911 motorsport wheels

Please be advised when doing business with Patrick Knowles at 911 Motorsport Wheels & Tires Inc. I spent just over $5,000 on wheels with him and he never delivered them. I have spent the past few weeks trying to get in contact with him. He ignores all my calls and texts. I have not received a refund nor do I think I ever will.

Old 10-02-2014, 03:32 PM
MadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond repute
Holly crap are you serious. 5k ? They have a website?

Old 10-02-2014, 04:30 PM
Razorsedge is a jewel in the roughRazorsedge is a jewel in the roughRazorsedge is a jewel in the roughRazorsedge is a jewel in the rough
I hope you paid with a credit card. Someone on Rennlist had a similar experience. For 5 grand I would contact attorney general's office. Good luck.

Old 10-02-2014, 05:37 PM
Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !
Seems like you are not alone and this just occurred in June of this year:

http://rennlist.com/forums/993-turbo-forum/820648-beware-911-motorsport-wheels.html

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 01-12-2019 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:08 AM
Banned
Prototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to beholdPrototech is a splendid one to behold
I don't understand how some people can sleep at night with doing this to people on a day to day basis .

Old 10-03-2014, 10:15 AM
c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !
Aftermarket wheels seem to be the one of the shadiest areas of modding. Expensive, too. I would only be comfortable with a handful of companies, like HRE, CCW, Forgeline, BBS, etc. Maybe that's not fair to the new upstart firms, but it just seems like people get burned so easy with small "custom" wheel companies.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:05 AM
rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !
Sad that someone would do this obviously he's not a true car guy.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:30 AM
MadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Prototech
I don't understand how some people can sleep at night with doing this to people on a day to day basis .
true. IF they cant do it, they should just return the money, problem solved.

Old 10-03-2014, 01:01 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Sorry Dave. I had to learn the hard way last year to not trust anyone...Unfortunately. (Motodyne BS Superchargers)

If I had Google'd it I would have seen. Who has time for that crap!?!

Old 10-03-2014, 01:53 PM
rxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond repute
Quick google search came up with this :
This listing is for 911 Motorsport Wheels And Tires Inc's Single Location in Glenvar Heights, FL. The company primarily operates in the Tire Dealers industry.

911 Motorsport Wheels And Tires Inc:

Was founded in 2010 and is Privately held.
Has $160,000 in estimated annual revenue.
Employs 2 people.
Has 2 employees located here at the Single Location.
Owner: Jeannette Cata

Old 10-03-2014, 03:53 PM
im sure they scammed tons of people.

Old 10-03-2014, 04:29 PM
Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !
5 grand? Yeah, that'd absolutely be worth a visit.

-V

Old 10-03-2014, 04:41 PM
Banned
[QUOTE="SamboTT@ByDesign;4207708"]Sorry Dave. I had to learn the hard way last year to not trust anyone...Unfortunately. (Motodyne BS Superchargers)

If I had Google'd it I would have seen. Who has time for that

Hey man it happens , I guess that happens when you give everyone the benefit of a doubt and hope they will conduct business the same way as you would personally . Unfortunately it happens in business , that is stumbling across total f*** faces like him . I think it's safe to say it has happened to everyone at least once in their lifetime .

Old 10-03-2014, 04:41 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by MadWhip
im sure they scammed tons of people.
It definitely seems like they have !

Old 10-03-2014, 04:44 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Vendetta
5 grand? Yeah, that'd absolutely be worth a visit.

-V
People like patrick will end up getting theirs so to speak one day in life. The world has a funny way of dealing with people like him . Took action with the Bank fraud department , well see what becomes of it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Buyer beware 911 motorsport wheels