996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Please help working through upgrade side effect

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 07:29 PM
INVICTO has much to be proud ofINVICTO has much to be proud ofINVICTO has much to be proud ofINVICTO has much to be proud ofINVICTO has much to be proud ofINVICTO has much to be proud ofINVICTO has much to be proud ofINVICTO has much to be proud of
Please help working through upgrade side effect

I have added the following to my '05 TTS Cab at 3000 miles in a month new:

EVO Stage IV
EVO V-Flow Intake Oil-less
EVO Boost Hoses
EVO Level 2 Clutch and 12lb flywheel (for when I upgrade the turbos and fuel delivery)

PSS-9s (GT2 alignment) set 3 and 3 for Palomar mountain.

Kinesis will finish up my black center 18 in K58Rs with polished lips and Pilot Sport 235(f) and 315(r) when they get back from SEMA.

The problem

When at normal operating temp, the engine idle is at 800 with slightly more instability than when stock. The idle variation is no big deal but it also intermittently goes to 1200 rpm and holds there as if it is in an up idle mode for engine warm up.

I cannot measure the oil level because the function says the engine needs to be at idle.

I also get the OBDII code P0507 Idle System RPM Higher Than Expected which trips the CEL.

This happens whether in the Pump or Stock mode on the GIAC Flashloader.

Any ideas? Is there a vacuum hose loose? Does the idle up circuit for engine warm up have a sensor that could have been damaged during the engine drop and installation for the clutch? Is the ECU trying to compensate for the lower flywheel inertia? MAF problem?

TIA,

Steve

BTW I am really enjoying the 1.2 BAR power and even saw 1.3 and 1.4 spikes when going through the gears.

My infatuation with this car is going to ruin my marital capital reserves. Next up: GT3 Seats in Natural Brown leather with Alcantara cushion inserts, Tequipment bar, and eventual higher stage turbos (? hybrids, ball bearing ?), fuel pump, lines and injectors.

Attached Images  

Last edited by INVICTO; 10-30-2005 at 08:54 PM.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:30 PM
INVICTO has much to be proud ofINVICTO has much to be proud ofINVICTO has much to be proud ofINVICTO has much to be proud ofINVICTO has much to be proud ofINVICTO has much to be proud ofINVICTO has much to be proud ofINVICTO has much to be proud of
another pic

Encinitas Beach Sunset

Attached Images  
Old 10-30-2005, 08:45 PM
ebaker is on a distinguished road
Re: Please help working through upgrade side effect

Originally posted by INVICTO
The problem

When at normal operating temp, the engine idle is at 800 with slightly more instability than when stock. The idle variation is no big deal but it also intermittently goes to 1200 rpm and holds there as if it is in an up idle mode for engine warm up.

I cannot measure the oil level because the function says the engine needs to be at idle.

I also get the OBDII code P0507 Idle System RPM Higher Than Eexpected which trips the CEL.
Sounds like a vacuum leak.

Old 10-31-2005, 04:16 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Nice color combo. Even though it's not the most sporting, a tan interior with the right exterior looks very, very nice. You have any CF or other contrasting black bits inside? Are you a former E39 M5 guy who was on Gustav's board?

Old 10-31-2005, 07:02 AM
gneypiks will become famous soon enoughgneypiks will become famous soon enough
stage 4 program compatible with stock turbos??

Old 10-31-2005, 08:38 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
gneypiks, he has the standard K24's on his turbo S.

Old 10-31-2005, 09:45 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Any more pics of that beauty ?

Old 10-31-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Red Devil
You have any CF or other contrasting black bits inside? Are you a former E39 M5 guy who was on Gustav's board?
Yes to both. Stock contrasting Black interior bits and same guy from Gustav's board.

Tina, the kids and I drove across from Washington DC to attend the 2001 M5 Extravaganza at Sears Point and the Monterey Concours weekend. Way cool trip!

Going to get an 06 M5 Sepang over Portland with Dark wood and all the options. Trying to be patient as my local dealer works through the early "market value" craziness. I know I could buy from previous dealers back east but want to give the local guy my business. Waiting sucks!

More pics here.

pics thread

Steve

Attached Images
File Type: bmp
sp.bmp (364.3 KB, 55 views)

Last edited by INVICTO; 10-31-2005 at 11:02 AM.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:50 PM
Thanks ebaker

Old 11-01-2005, 06:00 AM
ColorChange is on a distinguished road
I had the same problem. I will look for a vacuum leak. Thanks ebakes. Do you know a typical culprit hose or connection?

Old 11-01-2005, 02:37 PM
DrJim is on a distinguished road
You might want to wait for the 6 speed. Barry from M5 board came to NY from CA last week to take delivery of his SMG car here and seemed a little disappointed in the SMG. At least test it out first before bying sight undriven.
Originally posted by INVICTO
Yes to both. Stock contrasting Black interior bits and same guy from Gustav's board.

Tina, the kids and I drove across from Washington DC to attend the 2001 M5 Extravaganza at Sears Point and the Monterey Concours weekend. Way cool trip!

Going to get an 06 M5 Sepang over Portland with Dark wood and all the options. Trying to be patient as my local dealer works through the early "market value" craziness. I know I could buy from previous dealers back east but want to give the local guy my business. Waiting sucks!

More pics here.

pics thread

Steve