996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Which BOV/DV's are you mafless guys running??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 07:10 AM
johnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud of
Which BOV/DV's are you mafless guys running??

Need to free up some space where the stock DV's mount so Im thinking about mounting a vent to atmosphere BOV on the Y pipe, first thoughts from my supra days are use an HKS ssqv as its low profile and easy to mount with a weldeable mounting flange available, I have to modifies a stock Y pipe for water meth anyway so its a pretty quick job, will the HKS be ok for twin GT28's on E85 @ 1.5 bar ?? What other choices are there??

Old 04-04-2015, 10:30 AM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Tial makes some very nice ones. You can also use your existing bypass if you wanted but might not look as nice.

Old 04-04-2015, 11:58 AM
johnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud of
Im liking the Tial one dude, thanks, ive bid on an SSQV cheap if I dont get it Ill prob go Tial.

Old 04-04-2015, 02:51 PM
LQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond repute
I prefer the turbosmart over the tial - smaller, but flows as much easily.

Old 04-04-2015, 03:41 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
LQQK are you running just the one or two of them? I may run my forged DVs and switch to something bigger later or run EFR turbos that have integral bypass. Since the EFR are on my radar I don't want to spend a ton on BOV if I can help it. Trying to be cost conscious as best I can for now as I've got other pricey stuff yet to do!

Old 04-04-2015, 03:53 PM
Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !
Forge DV's dumping to atmosphere.....

Old 04-04-2015, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by Wealth Manager
Forge DV's dumping to atmosphere.....
Could you please post a link or a pic to a good shot of your engine bay? I've got the same DVs and am thinking I may plumb them like you apparently have. Your avatar pic is just too small to get a good look

Old 04-04-2015, 05:07 PM
Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BLKMGK
Could you please post a link or a pic to a good shot of your engine bay? I've got the same DVs and am thinking I may plumb them like you apparently have. Your avatar pic is just too small to get a good look
Pipe runs off the y pipe and connects to the Forge DV hose, angle the DV's outward and they stay there. I can get u a photo next week.

Old 04-04-2015, 05:32 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Tials on the y pipe here but you can weld them into the I/c if you want more room

Old 04-04-2015, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by Wealth Manager
Pipe runs off the y pipe and connects to the Forge DV hose, angle the DV's outward and they stay there. I can get u a photo next week.
Thank you, I'd appreciate it! Lots of different ways to build the Y-pipe and do the BOV so I'm trying to check out as many different setups as possible. I like the big TIAL pieces but they aren't cheap and are likely overkill. Most seem to use them and not many admit to keeping the stockish type stuff so I'm curious as to how it's worked out. I have the same DV and it was suggested I use them, how have they worked for you? Make much noise? no longer recirc correct? Did you put filters on the ends?

Old 04-07-2015, 09:23 AM
BLKMGC, here are a few quick shots......

Attached Images   
Old 04-07-2015, 12:01 PM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
Wealth mgr. - That's a pretty nice setup.

I am running dual greddy type rz somethings pre-intercooler just off the outlet of each turbo. That's about as big I could fit down there. I was going to run a single 50mm tial between the upper y-pipe but figured the dual BOVs before the ICs would be more responsive.

Old 04-07-2015, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by 03EvoIII
Wealth mgr. - That's a pretty nice setup.

I am running dual greddy type rz somethings pre-intercooler just off the outlet of each turbo. That's about as big I could fit down there. I was going to run a single 50mm tial between the upper y-pipe but figured the dual BOVs before the ICs would be more responsive.

I don't think that makes that big of a difference, plus my car is 3.9 Liter so responsiveness isn't really a problem. My Y pipe setup will probably change to a dual Tial BOV on the y pipe.

Old 04-07-2015, 05:37 PM
I like what you did there! I think I may do the same thing and when/if I switch to EFR I'll use their internal bypass.